Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
25570 posts
 

Re: Reporting People (Thoughts)?

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012

1) We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

 

2) Reporing someone and proving it are two different things.

 

3) Patches cannot be issued out like bus transfers. It takes time.

 

4) "Pointing out the people" in the forums is blacklisting and harassment. Isn't one of the biggest complaints in Home harassment? And for the past three weekends harassment and blacklisting have been very evident on these forums. Most likely by the same people who harass in Home. 

 

5) A lot of people I used to see everyday that I have been reported are no longer a part of Home. Weird.

 

6) I'm done here. Good bye.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 29 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/21/2011
Offline
3241 posts
 

Re: Reporting People (Thoughts)?

Aug 2, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

1) We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

 

2) Reporing someone and proving it are two different things.

 

3) Patches cannot be issued out like bus transfers. It takes time.

 

4) "Pointing out the people" in the forums is blacklisting and harassment. Isn't one of the biggest complaints in Home harassment? And for the past three weekends harassment and blacklisting have been very evident on these forums. Most likely by the same people who harass in Home. 

 

5) A lot of people I used to see everyday and I have been reported are no longer a part of Home. Weird.

 

6) I'm done here. Good bye.


First of all there is no WE your'e just a regular user like everyone else.

2ndly by using your own logic, whats the use of reporting if Sony takes the approach to place the burden of proof on the victims instead of closely monitoring people who constantly have a high incidence of being reported in the past ?

And who said anything about Patching ? You cant put a band aid on a shotgun blast and expect everything to be ok. And thats all patches are, temporary fixes until core upgrades.

We all knew it wouldnt last an entire month after the so called Freeze Patch was announced, and the way I remember it Sony messed up the only workaround DNS anti freeze that worked leaving us all even more vulnerable.

 

So again by your own logic even if we have screenshots of people asking moderators for permission to freeze people  (that we have taken the time to provide) and several complaints have been filed about particular people and Sony does nothing, then who is actually being harassed ?

 

And the only thing weird is the handful of people doing it havent been punished severly enough (if at all) to prevent them from continuing to do  it.

 

If youre going to brownose at least bring a handy wipe for afterwards.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 29 (301 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
2916 posts
 

Re: Reporting People (Thoughts)?

Aug 2, 2012

I usually see people misbehaving in the Hub. But whenever I press the select button to report them I freeze. So I pretty much can't do anything about it. But the thing is even with all the misbehaving players, usually not much is done from what I've heard. Its because for the most part we don't pay to play on Home or PSN. So they can't police home the same way as on xbox live. But if sony decided to start charging people $14.99 to play on Home for quality service I'd pay for it. I know a lot of people would be unhappy about it, but I would be willing to pay to see the better quality on there because right now it sucks.

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 29 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/14/2009
Offline
1739 posts
 

Re: Reporting People (Thoughts)?

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012

@Bobsfed 

You are wrong....  

 But if sony decided to start charging people $14.99 to play on Home for quality service I'd pay for it. I know a lot of people would be unhappy about it, but I would be willing to pay to see the better quality on there because right now it sucks. 



You don't even realize... PS Plus is $15 for 3 Months, & people spend money on HOME all the time... Heck people are using their Plus service on HOME... I don't pay monthly, but I assure you i've payed way more then $15 a month for using HOME, even if it wasn't a monthly payment, it's still way more then that... 

Sure you don't need to pay, it's not required, but most people pay for it, if not now, they will eventually...

 & honestly, if you had to pay $15 a month for HOME, all the money I spent on HOME, I wouldn't be spending there, i'd be spending else where... & I for one would deffinately not visit HOME if it was a monthly charge... 

Anything in a Gamming World that Requires a Monthly charge, is a waist of money, if you pay for that monthly charge, it just shows you have no life...  


P. S.: This message or Post was modified, because it had HTML in it, when I didn't use HTML at all, *********** is that about?
It seems all there, but if something is left out, oh, well... I'm not going to bother fixing it... 

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
.......................
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!


Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 29 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/14/2010
Online
1517 posts
 

Re: Reporting People (Thoughts)?

Aug 2, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

I usually see people misbehaving in the Hub. But whenever I press the select button to report them I freeze. So I pretty much can't do anything about it. But the thing is even with all the misbehaving players, usually not much is done from what I've heard. Its because for the most part we don't pay to play on Home or PSN. So they can't police home the same way as on xbox live. But if sony decided to start charging people $14.99 to play on Home for quality service I'd pay for it. I know a lot of people would be unhappy about it, but I would be willing to pay to see the better quality on there because right now it sucks.



Actually, offering free access is a much more profitable strategy that charging a fee. If they charge a fee, they lose the members who only have a casual interest. And there is much more money to be made if there are a high volume of "hits", even if most of these members spend no money in home at all.

 

That's because Sony's real customers are the 3rd party advertisers who pay to be represented in home. Sony can charge a rate based on how many "eyes" are seeing the advertisements. Therefore, quantity of logins are key, and you get more logins when access is free than you do by charging a fee.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 29 (242 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
31882 posts
 

Re: Reporting People (Thoughts)?

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

1) We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

 

2) Reporing someone and proving it are two different things.

 

3) Patches cannot be issued out like bus transfers. It takes time.

 

4) "Pointing out the people" in the forums is blacklisting and harassment. Isn't one of the biggest complaints in Home harassment? And for the past three weekends harassment and blacklisting have been very evident on these forums. Most likely by the same people who harass in Home. 

 

5) A lot of people I used to see everyday and I have been reported are no longer a part of Home. Weird.

 

6) I'm done here. Good bye.


First of all there is no WE your'e just a regular user like everyone else.

2ndly by using your own logic, whats the use of reporting if Sony takes the approach to place the burden of proof on the victims instead of closely monitoring people who constantly have a high incidence of being reported in the past ?

And who said anything about Patching ? You cant put a band aid on a shotgun blast and expect everything to be ok. And thats all patches are, temporary fixes until core upgrades.

We all knew it wouldnt last an entire month after the so called Freeze Patch was announced, and the way I remember it Sony messed up the only workaround DNS anti freeze that worked leaving us all even more vulnerable.

 

So again by your own logic even if we have screenshots of people asking moderators for permission to freeze people  (that we have taken the time to provide) and several complaints have been filed about particular people and Sony does nothing, then who is actually being harassed ?

 

And the only thing weird is the handful of people doing it havent been punished severly enough (if at all) to prevent them from continuing to do  it.

 

If youre going to brownose at least bring a handy wipe for afterwards.


i agree with pretty much everything youve said, illumin-x. the moderation in Home and actions taken against offenders is horrible at best.

 

  • the report feature is outdated and terribly laggy. ive actually had Home freeze on me a couple of times while pushing select to bring up the menu, and the freezing wasnt because of a person.
  • us regular Home users are the front line for dealing with offenders. its been years since ive seen a mod publicly tell someone to stop doing something. i used to see it all the time in the Central Plaza when someone was using bad language, spamming or just being a jerk.
  • 9 times out of 10 nothing is done when a person gets reported. if something does happen, its always far later after said person committed the offense. its like calling the cops when someone is harassing a person and the cops show up a day later. and the majority of users say that they continue seeing the same people in Home regardless of those people being reported(guess Conrad_Max is special or something in which mods take his reports first)
  • and as Conrad_Max said, we have no idea whats going on behind the scenes. but that is not a good thing. when cops bust someone, the public is allowed to know what happens. id like to see a follup from mods by any reports we have made. we dont necessarily need to know details, just whether the report was justified and if actions were taken.
  • patches a fixes for exploits people are using to disrupt Home seem as if they are low priority. we never hear anything from the Home team about these issues until they get serious, then they come out of the woodwork for damage control. at least acknowledging the issues would be nice. id be happy to see the typical Sony response of "we know about this and we are working on fixing it" than not seeing anything.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 29 (235 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/14/2009
Offline
1739 posts
 

Re: Reporting People (Thoughts)?

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012

I agree with both... @ILLUMIN-X on everything they have said about this Thread up to this pointt& I also agree with @The_Original_Se but even if we can't get Confirmation from the MODs, i'd still be happy with this being fixed, it'd be a small price to pay, it's not like were being Confirmed as of even now, anyways... 

I still feel we need to be Replied to of at least if the person is being penalized, or whatever, or if their not... Just knowing if this Info from MODs would take so much pressure off the users in HOME, knowing that they are at least looking into a situation that is... 

Although, I also know that is a lot of work for MODs to handle...

But I also know, that is part of their job, & they should know MODing is not simple, & easy, knowing this...
if they don't want to deal with it, then what are they doing? They shouldn't be MODing at all, if thats the case... 

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
.......................
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!


Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 29 (223 Views)
First Son
Registered: 05/05/2012
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: Reporting People (Thoughts)?

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

there is this girl named **bleep** that is sending out nude pics to ppl i need to know how can me n my gf report her cause on home reports they dont help

 

Edit: username removed

 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 29 (185 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 02/15/2003
Online
25570 posts
 

Re: Reporting People (Thoughts)?

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

teamotmp wrote:

there is this girl named...

 


1) Posting the name of an alleged offender is not allowed and is called blacklisting. What if someone accused you of the same thing and posted your name here? Innocent or guilty, you may find your life in Home changed, with many of your friends dropping you from their list.

 

2) If someone sends you something that is offensive via the XMB, back out of the message until you see the "envelope" again. Tap the Triangle button and scroll down to Grief Report. From there, you can report the person and message.

 

3) Add the person to your Block List.

 

4) Share this information with your friends who may have gotten the same images.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 29 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/21/2012
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: Reporting People (Thoughts)?

Oct 22, 2012
When 2 people are arguing or fighting or being inflamatory towards one another, it is up to the mod to decide who is at fault, who is to blame and who should be punished. Sometimes these mods dont even get both sides of the story and dont read every word or get all the details of the situation...and sometimes end up banning the wrong person.

I would suggest at least to be given a warning via PM or email. Some kind of notification that says "Hey...you might wanna take it down a notch, before we take YOU down." But they dont even fire a warning shot...

Some of these mods are way too ban happy, and that makes me uncomfortable in my own skin. Everyone's discretion is different, depending on perspectives, beliefs and morals...and im not so sure I wanna put my faith in a moderator who is so quick to ban someone, without some kind of "due process" mercy or compassion.

And someone on here suggested that we should turn this power over to an elite group of people, so they can police Home as some kind of "task force".... No thank you.

I have been the victim before, where I was unjustly and wrongly banned...when it shouldve been the "other guy."

Idk man...it just isnt right. I'll be the first to admitt that i will glady man up and take my ban if i have it coming...but if I didnt do anything wrong and I know I didnt...I wont be punished for it. I wont suffer a ban and I wont comply with any rule of law that orders me to. I'll fight it all the way, tooth and nail, with every underhanded tactic I can find.

Im not afraid to stand my ground on what I believe is right. Especially when I know im right.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 29 (140 Views)