Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VP of Gaming
25945 posts

Re: Reported for Glitching?

Jun 5, 2012

colton_grilus wrote:

And if someone does report you for doing harmless glitching, they'll just get banned for false reporting.

Not necessarily. After all they did report someone for glitching. The Moderators will understand and very likely not take acton against the reporter. And if they feel that the glitch is harmless, the glitcher will also be safe.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 31 of 37 (126 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25945 posts

Jun 5, 2012

People have come on this forum and complained about having no option to report people cheating in Poker or other game in Home. Now they have that option.

Message 32 of 37 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jun 11, 2012

I think they added the new Glitching/Cheating in the report options to report the mergers/freezers, but any glitch that interferes with a game is reportable.

Message 33 of 37 (126 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
132 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I hope so! There is this one girl who has reported me twice now for "glitching" at Wardrobe Wars. I am not the only one she has reported there either. The problem is it isn't even a glitch.  Those of us with crappy internet service encounter serious lag when we first arrive at the mall. It takes so long for wardrobe wars to load, I'll just go to the center of the mall and wait for it to load all they way. If there are alot of people in the mall at that time, "my" legs appear sunk into the floor, about knee-deep.  It does not affect the game itself or anybody who happens to be playing it, including myself.  It only happens when there are a lot of people there at the time.  I have tried explaining to this person nicely that it is not a glitch, it is a bug for those of us with lame internet access.  She yelled at me in caps that we are doing that on purpose to "show-off" and that she was going to get anyone she saw doing that banned.  I won't even play Wardrobe Wars anymore because of her.  Last night, someone told me to send a private message to the mods about her, which I did.

How can the mods tell that being reported for "glitching" at Wardrobe Wars was nothing more than a bug that is hard to avoid if there are more than five people in the space?  Since I do have a real life, waiting until 2 am to play isn't really an option for me.

I live in a small town so upgrading to a better internet provider is not an option because I already have the best internet I can possibly get here?  The only choices I have is "high speed" internet through the cable service (which is what I have) or dial-up.  Yeah, this lame town still has dial-up. :smileymad:

Message 34 of 37 (126 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25945 posts

Jun 12, 2012

oOJewelOo wrote:

I think they added the new Glitching/Cheating in the report options to report the mergers/freezers, but any glitch that interferes with a game is reportable.

It also comes in handy when playing Poker and other games where you believe someone is cheating. Just say "Reported for cheating" without mentioning a name. Make the report and either continue playing or leave. Now the Moderators will know exactly why we sent in the report.

Regarding this, if you wish to send the details in how the cheating is done, please do not post it on the forum. Instead, send a PM (private message) to HomeForumMods with the details needed to help the investigation and for Developers to develop a patch.

Share this type of information with your friends. Don't keep it a secret.

Message 35 of 37 (126 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25945 posts

Jun 12, 2012

When people have told me that they were going to report me, I always repsond with, "Please do". I know I've done nothing wrong and their report will support that.

If someone says they are going to report you for glitching and causing lagg, even though you are just in your Wardrobe, explain what you are doing and thank them. Then have nothing else to do with them. If they get a bad or nasty attitude, they may end up reporting themselves.

To avoid such situations, or incredible lag, I almost always change in a personal space or clubhouse. It's faster for me, and probably faster for the public. The "busier" the public space, the longer it may take to fully load.

Message 36 of 37 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
30 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

I believe they added the cheating / glitching after so many years of abuse by merging / freezing and after patching GG (ghost glitch) a few times. Originally, both would have to be reported for game disruption but if they didn't GG into any games they couldn't be reported for it and as for the freeze / merge the cheating / glitching category takes care of it as it'd take a snapshot of the merged avatar that is, if you report before the server freezes. 

Edit: Old thread locked for necrobumping

-Stage_Coach

Message 37 of 37 (73 Views)
0 Likes