Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 29 2012
By: ktrip86 Splicer 18 posts

Reported for Glitching?

36 replies 207 views Edited Apr 29, 2012

Someone had brought to my attention that since the update, glitching had been added to the report list "Cheating/Glitching". I hear people " oh Home is a open Beta they want us to glitch & getting up on a table is harmless"... I dont want to be banned just for being on a table, its kinda silly...I have no problem not glitching they patched the only one i knew.  But is the glitching report really necessary? Or is it to make people who cant glitch feel better bout themselves when reporting someone that can?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 37 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Re: Reported for Glitching?

Apr 29, 2012

You can't get banned for glitching unless you're disturbing someones game or screen.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 37 (207 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29179 posts

Apr 29, 2012

ktrip86 wrote:

Someone had brought to my attention that since the update, glitching had been added to the report list "Cheating/Glitching". I hear people " oh Home is a open Beta they want us to glitch & getting up on a table is harmless"... I dont want to be banned just for being on a table, its kinda silly...I have no problem not glitching they patched the only one i knew.  But is the glitching report really necessary? Or is it to make people who cant glitch feel better bout themselves when reporting someone that can?

If you are disrupting a game or interferring with a video screen or the like I'd worry. I personally wouldn't worry otherwise.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 37 (207 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
58 posts

Apr 29, 2012

I could be wrong but I seriously doubt that they are referring to regular glitches. As far as I knew glitching was allowed as long as your not disrupting a game.

There is a huge number of people on home that love to glitch in a way that does not bother anyone, including myself. I just dont see sony banning people for doing a glitch. It is not the glitchers fault that the developer did not prevent it. In fact in most cases it helps the developers create a better product.

On a side note, I would really like to see a space dedicated to the glitchers of home. Especially since good glitching spaces keep getting removed. For example: Red Bull

PlayStation MVP and PlayStation Home Guide
Frosty Army (*>*)Stay Frosty(*<*)

Click here for more info on the MVP program
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 37 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Apr 29, 2012

And if someone does report you for doing harmless glitching, they'll just get banned for false reporting.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 37 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
18 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Yes thats what i was wondering what type of glitch are they referring to? I get the disrupting games part.. But i dont wanna be in x7 on the table and have 20 ppl report me lol

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 37 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Thats not really disturbing anything, so feel free to do that.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 37 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
751 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Unless you are interrupting a game or blocking a screen you cannot be banned/suspended for "glitching".

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 37 (207 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25824 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Basically, think before you act. Even if you feel that what you are doing is harmless, others may disagree.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 37 (207 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Apr 29, 2012

the way i understand it a glitch is a malfunction to whatever type of mainframe that sony uses to keep home running (ps: mainframe is used as a broadened term in this case, so dont correct me science geeks). and those little malfunctions can be harmless and sometimes can also be detrimental to the use of home. example the spam crash cn be considered a glitch. thats a detrimental glitch and then there's the table glitch that doesnt harm nor make anyone fear crashing. it depends on the glitch. the free items imported glitch from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back was cause too much unexpected minor details in home that could stall future devolopments if not patched. the glitch's they want fixed meaning sony are the hardcore system crash capable ones not the harmless ones. however some people are just bitter and will report anyone for the smallest thing. idk but i dont think sony cares about that cause i can still get up on tables.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 37 (207 Views)
0 Likes