Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
1771 posts

Re: Remember when NA Home had...

Jun 21, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

Pottermore? That's one of those spaces that once you have done everything, there is no reason to go back. Most of my friends that like those spaces already have all the cards, and my friends all have the same complaint, we have these huge wardrobes we can't use there. So we prefer other spaces.

Content, meh. I understand that the change that took place a couple years ago alienated users who want main stream game content. But Sony decided that rather than having spaces like RE5 hanging around for 5 years with a handful of people there and no money coming in, they wanted the fully integrated games like Mercia and Cutthroats. That's the direction they chose, and I don't think there are quite so many people dissatisfied with that direction as you might believe.

I appreciate Home for what it is and I don't worry about what it isn't

Just a quick note on that...  I don't remember any problems with the RE5 space...  but Mercia and Cutthroats both have game-breaking glitches for certain users.  And Mercia was even abandoned by the developers.  (Sorry for the semi-off-topic, but it just reminded me of that)

"I don't know about you, but I intend to write a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line about all of this."
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 64 (305 Views)
Gaming Beast
1783 posts

Jun 21, 2013

goodSuM wrote:

Brises_0000 wrote:

Pottermore? That's one of those spaces that once you have done everything, there is no reason to go back. Most of my friends that like those spaces already have all the cards, and my friends all have the same complaint, we have these huge wardrobes we can't use there. So we prefer other spaces.

Content, meh. I understand that the change that took place a couple years ago alienated users who want main stream game content. But Sony decided that rather than having spaces like RE5 hanging around for 5 years with a handful of people there and no money coming in, they wanted the fully integrated games like Mercia and Cutthroats. That's the direction they chose, and I don't think there are quite so many people dissatisfied with that direction as you might believe.

I appreciate Home for what it is and I don't worry about what it isn't

Just a quick note on that...  I don't remember any problems with the RE5 space...  but Mercia and Cutthroats both have game-breaking glitches for certain users.  And Mercia was even abandoned by the developers.  (Sorry for the semi-off-topic, but it just reminded me of that)

Yeah, Mercia was a disaster. Not everything is going to work. Like game launching, that has never worked the way they intended. The existing core and network just couldn't handle their original vision, especially as Home has grown. So what would I do if I were Sony? Build a new one with better technology.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 64 (298 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jun 24, 2013

in regards to the OP since i'm too lazy to read through everything, i agree. the point made by the OP is what i and others have been saying for a while now. the main point being that 95% of Home is nothing anyone finds interesting i.e. the "exciting" release of a grill.....that should say it all but it doesn't. 

Home use to be about the ridiculous funny things that had actual social interaction to it, that's what made Home worth playing in. now social interaction is gone, if you're not part of the "in" crew that spends ridiculous amounts of money on useless crap & wants to do nothing but act like a statue to show off your elite status then nobody wants anything to do with you. 

i know i sound like some kind of old Home user going 'back in my day we didn't have rainbow unicorns flying everywhere' but the truth is that those that are left on Home are these introverted elitists. where has all the fun gone from going to the sodium hub drinking dancing & chatting with people? why isn't role playing no longer fun? are you that self-conscious that you shun all fun? god forbid someone has fun in Home, oh god if someone was to see me dancing & wearing a goofy outfit my life and everyone elses will be over.....grow up nobody really cares if anything they'll join you. i can't count the times i've had to start a Home party by myself because everyone else was self-conscious & afraid someone might see them & laugh. 

i digress from my point, but all this comes down to one thing. useless items. if Home was to bring back funny unique items & better spaces than these crap gimmick spaces we see now i.e. acorn meadows park more people would interact more people would have fun & more people would buy things. nobody is going to buy a $50 entrance fee to see a farm, nobody is going to interact with anybody in spaces themed towards single player or just a view, nobody is going to stay in a broken space, nobody is going to have fun without new things that are fun & leave out the introverted themes that make people elitists. 

to sum it all up, the players need to quit acting like elitists & that they're too legendary to have fun and the developers need to quit making items & themed spaces that don't center around social interaction where people can gather around a central point of interest i.e. a bar & dance floor and have fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 64 (269 Views)
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Posted this for anyone who hasn't seen it. This was the "original" direction Home was going to go to.  Disregard the lower quality of graphics, this was the presentation before Home even was released.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 64 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Crixix wrote:

Posted this for anyone who hasn't seen it. This was the "original" direction Home was going to go to.  Disregard the lower quality of graphics, this was the presentation before Home even was released.

All we need to do now is find out who in the UK runs home now and see what there future plans are for Home if any?  We all know it sure wasn't USA Home in those video's!  LOL!   

Is the person who even created Home even with Sony any more? We need to know all those things... Just to find out what's what with Home.

Ur Job Find out who's in charge of Home now and WTH is gonna happen to Home.  Are u up for that Challenge? If so get started!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 64 (238 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5374 posts

Jun 25, 2013

msx293 wrote:

to sum it all up, the players need to quit acting like elitists & that they're too legendary to have fun and the developers need to quit making items & themed spaces that don't center around social interaction where people can gather around a central point of interest i.e. a bar & dance floor and have fun.

What Home are you using? There's plenty of places to go if you want to be social.

Glittering Sands always has a crowd, Singstar, Motorstorm, Midnight Glade and the newly unreleased Serenity Plaza.

If you prefer social drama, Godfather, Playground and X7 entrance.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 64 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jun 25, 2013
I got a good laugh from Joanna's post showing all the virtual items for sale which is supposed to "prove home isn't dead. Shows more proof of George Carlins old joke about home is where you keep your stuff while you go buy more stuff!
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 64 (202 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jun 25, 2013

if i'm honest the only viable space you listed was motorstorm but even then you run into problems. motorstorm carrier has a tendency to attract underage kids, that is what i'm trying to avoid. i would literally rather hear about your grandmas cat than what some kid thinks is cool. you see i have a problem called maturity, this horrible syndrome has such side effects as not giving a F* about the difference between anime & bugs bunny, especially marked by the horrible I.D.G.A.F. about your exploits on CoD last week, moreover the hatred of having to hear them try to tell me something that is totally wrong being true. 

my interests aren't your review on a game or your youtube video that only 40 people have seen. my interests include, scandalous happenings i.e. i just came to the bar & saw my girlfriend with another man that ends with a nuclear war, other interests include women, drinking/times you were drunk at an awesome party/how to make this new delicious drink, where cool places are in reality since unlike these children i have money to travel/how was your vacation there, fast cars/firearms, what you do for a living & how you do it, why you think politics are ruining the world, your latest binge of being strung out for 3 weeks on some new pharmaceutical, etc etc etc. 

as you can see i just don't care about anything anyone left in Home would like to discuss. little jimmy 15 year old can come up with some imaginative stories but they really have no idea what they're talking about. in other words, i want to see people that are steeped in reality not how your fantasy baseball team did last year with the offshoot going into how you cried at the end of final fantasy. i'm no grammar nazi either but the worst thing i see is, 'hay wuzzup? u pla TyuhGR 13? i <3 golf omg watda faq? w8 2 sec N follow me'.....i avoid these people like the plague like the "hello" flooders. 

i guess i'll just quit Home like everyone else since nobody is doing anything to stop this crap or listen to people like myself that simply ask for a more mature setting. again little jimmy 15 year old thinks it's somehow homosexual to wear a goofy outfit & dance like an idiot for your own entertainment & it's being perpetuated by people all over these forums praising worthless crap that isn't going to bring anyone back to Home over 17 with a degree in trololol, screaming over the mic like they're on fire with down syndrome, how to act like an uneducated online gangster, or a degree in unknown RPG game/anime. it was fun but with the people on the forums & the people in Home it's dead to me, until something changes i'll just stick to playing pool in my spaces & listening to pandora while contemplating weather i want my 13 gigs back & if i'll ever return. sad days in Home indeed......

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 64 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1604 posts

Jun 25, 2013

msx293 wrote:

my interests include, scandalous happenings i.e. i just came to the bar & saw my girlfriend with another man that ends with a nuclear war, other interests include women, drinking/times you were drunk at an awesome party/how to make this new delicious drink, where cool places are in reality since unlike these children i have money to travel/how was your vacation there, fast cars/firearms, what you do for a living & how you do it, why you think politics are ruining the world, your latest binge of being strung out for 3 weeks on some new pharmaceutical, etc etc etc. 

i guess i'll just quit Home like everyone else since nobody is doing anything to stop this crap or listen to people like myself that simply ask for a more mature setting.

Dude, you have to choose one. Do you want a mature setting or those immature things that you like?

We know now that Home will be gone by next April. I intend to enjoy it as long as it's around. I hope you do, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 64 (178 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1331 posts

Jun 26, 2013

msx293 wrote:

if i'm honest the only viable space you listed was motorstorm but even then you run into problems. motorstorm carrier has a tendency to attract underage kids, that is what i'm trying to avoid. i would literally rather hear about your grandmas cat than what some kid thinks is cool. you see i have a problem called maturity, this horrible syndrome has such side effects as not giving a F* about the difference between anime & bugs bunny, especially marked by the horrible I.D.G.A.F. about your exploits on CoD last week, moreover the hatred of having to hear them try to tell me something that is totally wrong being true. 

my interests aren't your review on a game or your youtube video that only 40 people have seen. my interests include, scandalous happenings i.e. i just came to the bar & saw my girlfriend with another man that ends with a nuclear war, other interests include women, drinking/times you were drunk at an awesome party/how to make this new delicious drink, where cool places are in reality since unlike these children i have money to travel/how was your vacation there, fast cars/firearms, what you do for a living & how you do it, why you think politics are ruining the world, your latest binge of being strung out for 3 weeks on some new pharmaceutical, etc etc etc. 

as you can see i just don't care about anything anyone left in Home would like to discuss. little jimmy 15 year old can come up with some imaginative stories but they really have no idea what they're talking about. in other words, i want to see people that are steeped in reality not how your fantasy baseball team did last year with the offshoot going into how you cried at the end of final fantasy. i'm no grammar nazi either but the worst thing i see is, 'hay wuzzup? u pla TyuhGR 13? i <3 golf omg watda faq? w8 2 sec N follow me'.....i avoid these people like the plague like the "hello" flooders. 

i guess i'll just quit Home like everyone else since nobody is doing anything to stop this crap or listen to people like myself that simply ask for a more mature setting. again little jimmy 15 year old thinks it's somehow homosexual to wear a goofy outfit & dance like an idiot for your own entertainment & it's being perpetuated by people all over these forums praising worthless crap that isn't going to bring anyone back to Home over 17 with a degree in trololol, screaming over the mic like they're on fire with down syndrome, how to act like an uneducated online gangster, or a degree in unknown RPG game/anime. it was fun but with the people on the forums & the people in Home it's dead to me, until something changes i'll just stick to playing pool in my spaces & listening to pandora while contemplating weather i want my 13 gigs back & if i'll ever return. sad days in Home indeed......

Welcome to the Internet.

No sir, you won't find any maturity, sadly. Especially on these forums.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 64 (151 Views)