Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 20 2013
By: Crixix Lombax Warrior 71 posts

Remember when NA Home had...

[ Edited ]
63 replies 788 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

Remember when NA PS Home had actual content related to games and movies and actual franchises? Seriously... I've been aware of the lack of support from non third party content on NA Home but seeing that EU and HK Home just received "The Last of Us" content, arguably the best PS3 game to date... and we get nothing?  Not even a freaking advertisement acknowledging its existence outside of the E3 space. I have reached my breaking point with Home. The little things like this are why are beloved Home is close to its demise.

Remember when we'd get spaces dedicated for new games coming out? The Infamous spaces, Resident Evil 5, Uncharted etc. Not only were these spaces eye candy and fun to hang out in but they had unique and rewarding games and quests as well! They were also an excellent location to find people to launch games with. What about the random kiosks that had the lastest games and Playstation accessories being advertised on them? The only advertisement we get now are videos showing off Granzella's newest overpriced outfit and the newest dance/pose/ LMO.  NA Home has still yet to have seen the LBP2 and Cart content. The little picture loaded onto the XMB when you scroll over the Home icon is a lie! It has Ratchet and Clank with Nathan Drake and Sack boy hanging out by some Home users. It should just be a giant dollar sign because that's all Home is about now.

Remember when we had spaces and promotions for outside companies such as 7-Eleven, Subway, Axe and Red Bull? Remember when our beloved Central Plaza was constantly being updated to show off real world franchises and games? The Dead Island theme was fantastic and don't even get me started on the Holiday spaces. Europe had a promotion for the Hangover lll movie. Why didn't the NA region receive any content for an "American" film? Why does EU Home has DC items such as Batman shirts and sweaters and the NA region can't have in on this "American" franchise?!

Remember when the clothing stores actually sold video game content clothes and costumes? If you compare some older game related clothing and costumes to the junk these third party developers are releasing, they're actually much higher in quality. The Dead Space suits are gorgeous as well as the Assassin's Creed ones.  Not only were these items in much greater detail, they were also cheaper! Rarely did you see an item surpass the $3 mark for a full costume! Heck, I'd even get to buy my favorite video game shirt for 50 cents! I miss when EA had a store with Home and you could actually buy your favorite sports team's jersey! Closest thing sports wear now is Granzella's tacky sports clothing.

Remember when you actually used to look through the "Threads" and "Costumes" store for stuff after an update?  How about the "Furniture" section? They might as well place those stores below the third party stores since they haven't had anything new in ages. The "New" stuff in these stores are more than a year old!

All our region has now is just third party developed trash. All we get nowadays are Locomotion items, poses, dances, games that a majority of the time require money spent to be played fully even if it's just a friend wanting to play on another friend's game that THEY already purchased. Some of these items rarely work flawlessly too. My Loot radio STILL doesn't perform fully! It seems every bit of new content is just getting lazier and lazier. Quick gimmicks to take our money. Half of the content doesn't even get updated or fixed.. Some of it, never even released without any notification the community. Hey Lockwood, I'm still waiting for the Night to Day change update for my Dream Island that you promising. Mercia? Ha...

Our big updates used to be new game spaces, now they're virtual parks that cost money to fully enjoy or carnivals that are useless to those who will not spend. New games that "offer" upgrades to make the game a bit easier and by easier I mean you can't win it without it! Go give Edo a try with a wooden sword, tell me how that goes. Pottermore was a nice breathe of fresh air. Nicely done spaces with games available for EVERYONE at no cost! Free costumes and the option to buy more. That's how it should be done.  It's a shame that now all of their spaces are already ghost towns. I never see more than five people in these "new and featured" spaces. 

My friends... Playstation Home is dying. Deny it or not, as someone who's been here since the closed beta, the population has drastically declined. Many friends have uninstalled it. There are less and less newcomers. Every space except the hot spots for fams to hang out in are dead! You people know it too! That's why these fams start the drama with each other. Home itself can no longer entertain them so they result to conflict with others to amuse themselves. What used to be a gaming community is now a terrible MTV virtual reality zone. Go wander around home and count how many people you see wearing Game related content versus skimpy clothes, try hard tough guy and thug outfits. After that, go pop in random spaces on the "Explore" section of the navigator and see how many people you can find in these random spaces. If you're lucky, maybe you'll find one or two people every other spaces.

We have the power to change this. A while back,  PS Home EU was neglected of a majority of content. The thing that differs us from them was that they stood TOGETHER as a community and made their feelings and ideas heard! They stopped spending money and filled the forums with complaints! It didn't take long for SCEU to respond and give in to their demands. Now they have arguably one of the best regions for Home. We could do the same but we need to stand together. Otherwise... Home will continue its downhill path and soon cease to exist. It's almost there, look at the signs.  Sony hasn't given any input about it on the PS4. They no longer create content or events themselves other than the once a year E3 event.  They removed Home updates from from the Official Playstation Blogspot! The main guy who managed the community no longer works for Sony and even so, he began to do less and less before his departure. My friends, these should be setting off sirens. Even if they were to port Home over, it'd still die. The community would continue to shrink without Sony promoting it. The end of PS Home is near... unless you do something about it.

tl;dr: Home is lame now and is going to die.

That is all.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 64 (788 Views)
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Re: Remember when NA Home had...

Jun 20, 2013
Well, there was almost always something a few didn't like about home, but there is also usually a few things that few have liked about home, there will always be someone not liking something about home.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 64 (772 Views)
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 64 (767 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

aogamerdude wrote:
Well, there was almost always something a few didn't like about home, but there is also usually a few things that few have liked about home, there will always be someone not liking something about home.

Look at the bigger picture. These things aren't disliked by a "few" people. There are MANY people who clearly dislike it. The big decline in Home users prove so.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 64 (761 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16514 posts

Jun 20, 2013

.:NEW RULE:.  From this day forward all those claiming Home is dying must put a date on the death. This way we can say ''Told you it wasn't'' when they're wrong.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 64 (752 Views)
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

.:NEW RULE:.  From this day forward all those claiming Home is dying must put a date on the death. This way we can say ''Told you it wasn't'' when they're wrong.

That's anyones guess. I'm just saying, the cancer has already begun... and no there's no sign of Home beating it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 64 (744 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1750 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Crixix wrote:

aogamerdude wrote:

Look at the bigger picture. These things aren't disliked by a "few" people. There are MANY people who clearly dislike it. The big decline in Home users prove so.

I'm curious as to your source for these "many" people and your "proof" that there is a big decline.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 64 (742 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Sony's Everquest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest) has been around longer than home, when is that going to die?

IIRC most people I talked to about EQ didn't care much for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 64 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16514 posts

Jun 20, 2013

aogamerdude wrote:

Sony's Everquest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest) has been around longer than home, when is that going to die?

IIRC most people I talked to about EQ didn't care much for it.

FFXI, Also.

As long as it's supported..

Home content is still coming.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 64 (730 Views)
Lombax Warrior
71 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

Crixix wrote:

aogamerdude wrote:

I'm curious as to your source for these "many" people and your "proof" that there is a big decline.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 64 (729 Views)
0 Likes