Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
1678 posts

Re: Regarding Hurricane Sandy?

Oct 28, 2012

What about all the hurricanes Florida got that Home never extended events for, or earthquakes anywhere else, or any natural disaster?  I really really hope that this isn't extended (due to weather), based on principle.

"I don't know about you, but I intend to write a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line about all of this."
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 111 (390 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1796 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Ok im on home and the loot eods refuse to work for me. Everything is broken on home1
Call Of Duty: Black Ops FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy May Dixon 10~4~10
My Loving Dog

Join the Helghast Army today!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 111 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1796 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Were talking about the WHOLE EAST COAST. I can understand if its only one state but the whole east coast.
Call Of Duty: Black Ops FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy May Dixon 10~4~10
My Loving Dog

Join the Helghast Army today!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 111 (370 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1678 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Johnnybeachboy wrote:
Were talking about the WHOLE EAST COAST. I can understand if its only one state but the whole east coast.

It's actually more "north-east" coast.

"I don't know about you, but I intend to write a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line about all of this."
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 111 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Oct 28, 2012

I will proably be without power most likely when she hits.  The event will most likely be delayed in my opinion.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 111 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Oct 28, 2012

According to the NOAA National Hurricane Center, Sandy should hit the east coast somewhere around Atlantic City, NJ shortly after Midnight Monday morning. At that time it is expected to be in the lower range of a Category 1 hurricane. It will cross NJ on a northwest track, and enter Pennsylvania by Tues morning. By the afternoon it will have weakened to tropical storm levels. It will then turn northward and run up the center of PA & NY, and be a simple depression by the time it reaches Canada. Most of the northeastern states on either side of he storm track will only receive tropical storm force winds.

I realize that most of you that live in the northern coastal states are unused to this kind of threat, so you will have an understandably tense time. And the media are probably going to give plenty of scary warnings about the impending disaster. But, unless Sandy goes through a freak strengthening, just stay off the beaches and you should be okay. As a resident of South Florida, I have slept through many a Cat 1 hurricane. The only time I ever got out of town was when a Cat 3 named Wilma was bearing down on us. That was the only time I saw power outages for more than a few hours.

Here's hoping that all of you YANKEES don't get any real surprises, and don't get anything more than a few interesting tales to tell your grandkids about the storm of 2012! It's too soon to be the first salvo from the Mayan prophecies of doom!

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 111 (330 Views)
Fender Bender
2439 posts

Oct 28, 2012

With all due respect to events on Home, let's hope that people in the storm's path are spared from terrible real-life consequences.  It sounds like some highly populated areas could be hit quite hard.

Best wishes from our side of the turbulent pond.

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 111 (315 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3152 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

That's why they sell generators.

To be fair, I don't think generators and an 8th floor apartment mix well. I would rather not die from CO2 poisoning, but also my cost/benefit analysis says not to trek to Home Depot and back, whilst dragging a generator onto the subway system. Also, I just realized I have no idea where to buy gas in the city.

bobmeissner wrote:

It's too soon to be the first salvo from the Mayan prophecies of doom!

I think the first fulfillment of Mayan doom was Codeglue releasing the Mayan Doom items as "exclusive to E3" and then adding them as permanent fixtures to their store a week after E3.

Concerning the severity, a lot of people freaked out about Irene, but most people in urban areas (or at least here) were too busy checking into Hurricanopolypse 2011 on Foursquare and using it as an excuse to stock up on junk food and alcohol. The main issue is in the rural areas where the power lines are above ground and can easily be taken out by trees that haven't had to withstand very stong winds in the past. Though coastal areas will likely have flooding, as well. I'm just happy that I'm not being forced to evacuate despite being .5 miles from the harbor.

Overall, I hope everyone on the east coast is more concerned about their personal safety than trying to obtain digital rewards that have little to no monetary value.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 111 (310 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Oct 28, 2012

ck2875

I like your closing statement. While I don't think it's panic time, they still need to be prepared. Even minor problems can turn major when you are not ready for them.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 111 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2173 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

I live near the shoreline in Fairfield county, Connecticut & the winds are already picking up here.  We are expected to get the strongest of the winds when the storm arrives. We're also expecting 6'-11' storm surge while in high tide. If it makes a wrap-around, as some are expecting it to do, CT will be dealing with sustained winds of up to 30-45MPH for nearly two days with winds initially gusting to 80+ MPH when it makes landfall. It's a different type of storm since it is going to merge with another front expected to bring snow to certain areas. Some are calling this "hybrid", a snor'eastercane.

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 111 (331 Views)
0 Likes