Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 18 2013
By: LadiSilverfox Splicer 28 posts

Recommendations For Advertising Club Events?

[ Edited ]
10 replies 236 views Edited May 19, 2013

I am looking for the best ways of getting my club event noticed, maybe exploring some options I haven't used before. 

What do you do to make sure your club events are well recieved or what do people do that catches your attention to attend events?

Currently I Use These Methods:
- Keep all my members on a Club Only PSN Account for ease of messaging, gifting and invitations.

- Set a date for the event and message everyone, usually 3 weeks in advance

- Send out a reminder a week before the event

- Send our a reminder the day of the event

- Send out invitations 30 minutes before the event

- Advertise using visual flyers in a related PSHome user run magizine that follows the theme of my club.

- LWKD Gift Machine/ Veemee 3D Printer Prizes

- Ask to be added to the Unofficial Club List

Ideas People Have Suggested In This Thread:
- Ask to be added to forum event calender @ Home Event Calender (Only for non-club events)

- Club bullatin board

- Contests/Giveaways

- Creating a single updateable message on the boards

- Creating a Twitter/Facebook account for members to follow outside of the PSN

Message 1 of 11 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Re: Recommendations For Advertising Club Events?

May 18, 2013

Post in this thread & anamri will add it too the Event Calendar...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Home-Events-Calendar/td-p/36135342/jump-to/f...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 11 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
28 posts

May 18, 2013
I put in a request but upon reading more into it, it looks like it is more for events held publicly rather than club driven.
Message 3 of 11 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

May 18, 2013

LadiSilverfox wrote:
I put in a request but upon reading more into it, it looks like it is more for events held publicly rather than club driven.

Ahh ok, I thought you were meaning club events open to all (guests & members),.. If it's strictly a club member event, your list is just about all you can do besides posting it on the clubhouse bulletin board.

Message 4 of 11 (204 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1173 posts

May 18, 2013
The most common method i've noticed to gather attendees is some form of contest or giveaway.
Message 5 of 11 (199 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1993 posts

May 18, 2013
To get a club event noticed is usually about the activities in the event itself.

You want to make it something interesting that will catch people attention along with supply a good amount of fun that may carry on for a bit.

As was also stated, rewards/prizes also help attract attention to your event, I personally used to give out gift machine items to those who attended and managed to do well in my events. :cattongue:

You seem to be doing a lot of other things really well, maybe try to shorten the 3 week advanced announcement so people don't get bored of waiting and drop out though.
Message 6 of 11 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
28 posts

May 18, 2013

TC915, we do allow guests.  But the events are hosted in the Clubroom, so even guests have to become at least temporary members to attend.

Message 7 of 11 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
28 posts

May 18, 2013

Lego, how much does it cost you to give out items to everyone who attends? O_o?

Message 8 of 11 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

May 19, 2013

LadiSilverfox wrote:

TC915, we do allow guests.  But the events are hosted in the Clubroom, so even guests have to become at least temporary members to attend.

Yea alot of clubs do this, most Devs even have a club to host events in. Plus most ppl who enjoy those type events leave a club spot open just for that reason. Also I think Lego was meaning just a few prizes not gifts for everyone attending, alot of ppl have little contests (best outfit, dance off & type things) & give out 2 or 3 small gifts. It's a way to get ppl interested in attending, not all will win something but just the chance helps get word of mouth going.

Message 9 of 11 (163 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29221 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

You might want to consider creating a Club Thread and advertizing your events here on the forum by updating the thread periodiaclly and it's OP as the events change.

Our club events are pretty well attended and we use many of the methods you outlined. Our Club Leader does give out gift machine gifts to models who model in the show. We haven't to my knowledge used prizes for those who attend although that has been done at some public events where a couple of psn cards or gift machine rewards are used as an incentive to get people to attend. 

Message 10 of 11 (161 Views)
0 Likes