Nov 01 2013
By: GM0530 Wastelander 624 posts

Raising Dolphys in Dolphy room?

12 replies 394 views Edited Nov 1, 2013

How long does it take for them to become adults so i can race  and customize them? Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 13 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1107 posts

Re: Raising Dolphys in Dolphy room?

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

Using Superfish, it will take you 10 days for each dolphie. When your dolphie gets to 20 points, it will be a young adult, and you can choose colors, hats, and tail effects. A dolphie is fully grown, when it hits 30 points.

You can buy new "Skins" ( colors ) at the Store by purchasing different Picture Frames, Seats, etc.

You will win a Flame Skin by winning 10 Challenge races, and a Stealth Skin by winning 10 Star races.

You earn new tail effects, by getting to new vote totals.

Normal Fish get you + 2 points per day for babies (10-20 points)  +1 point for adults (20 - 30)

SuperFish get you + 3 points per day for babies (10-20 points)  +2 point for adults (20 - 30)

so, plan accordingly

When fully raised, ie; a 30 point Adult, you can use Superfish to change Stats.

A Superfish will then add  +1 point  to the selected Stat, and -1 point from the Stat increased longest ago.

but, changing Stats on an Adult is tricky.

Oh, and you can start to race them once they hit 20 points. That won't do you any good tho, as I have never seen a dolphie under 29 points, win a race. Doesn't mean you can't have fun with them :smileyhappy:

Also, make sure you do put them thru the ring game before u start them on their race careers.

You want your dolphie to have Musical Notes, and be happy.

The Timed Practice run is a waste of time, and people have told me it's not working anyway. Phooey on it.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 2 of 13 (377 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Nov 1, 2013

A word of warning, occasionally ( it happened to me 2 times, I hope never again) if Home has trouble, and the game glitches, you can lose that batch of dolphys, so never get attached to them. There is no" special" time to race either, if you have a low stat dolphy, someone is almost always racing, so keep trying. I had one dolphy that lost his first 5 races, but never lost again ( and I lost him in a glitch).Don't think a low stat one will always stay that way, keep working with them, and if yours lose, vote on a friend's for a while to gain the fish you need.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 3 of 13 (357 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29240 posts

Nov 1, 2013

It's amazing how popular this game still is. Good luck with your new dolphins. :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 13 (342 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 1, 2013

This was one of the perfect Home games. Just the right mix of social and strategey. If it had just a little more depth to it, it would have been amazing.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 5 of 13 (337 Views)
Fender Bender
2510 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

It's still a good game however it is frustrating when one loses their dolphins... at least at first. When I have lost them onece or twice I just recreate them. I did lose some stuff but oh well. :smileysad:

I liked it better when we could save out stats on to flash drives. Too bad I forgot to do that when I lost my stats.

I sure do wish their were backups of our stuff so when we lost something or a game goes haywire SONY or whoever could go back to the big glitch. Sheesh! If I can thunk that up then why not the game companies and SONY? 

I was out for awhile but not go there off and on. I think I win about 1 out of 10 times. Ring scores help I guess but I;ve never reached 90, had a high of 89. If I get 80 that's good for me. But 80 doesn't mean a win or even a competative race.

Good luck! when they grow up which doesn't take that long as posted. :smileyhappy:  

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Message 6 of 13 (303 Views)
Sackboy
306 posts

Nov 2, 2013

Dolphin races are good for you.. my only reason for coming on home at first .. Lil is great with advice trust me her dolphies kick butt.. mine do ok.. ppl there are genuine from my experience gl to you.

Message 7 of 13 (281 Views)
Wastelander
624 posts

Nov 3, 2013

It only took 4 days for my Dolphy to reach adult status :smileyvery-happy:

Message 8 of 13 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 3, 2013
Yep and its a shame, Hudson won't receive anymore updates!

Just took their money and ran with it. As quoted from JW.

Yeah, listen to Lil. If you see her racing, vote. It will help you get the super food quicker and get the hat too.

It doesn't take long to raise all 3 dolphys. I still have mine, mine are retired and in dolphy land, enjoying the good life. Living off their retirement package they received. A lot of dolphy treats!

Message 9 of 13 (250 Views)
Fender Bender
1107 posts

Nov 3, 2013

I am real sure that every baby dplphie starts at 10 points, spread between Speed, Stamina, and Agility.

Using Superfish, it would only take 4 days to get to a 22 point young adult.

Now, using Superfish, it will take you another 4 days minimum, to get to the 30 point full adult state.

I said 10 days, based on some people not having enough Superfish all the time, or the right Superfish to get to the exact Stats they are looking to have.  Someone using only Normal Fish, would take 15 days to get to the 30 point full grown state.

Once you have nurtured your first dolphie to 30 points full grown, you can start another baby.

I have seen a 29 point dolphie win, I may have seen a 28 pointer win against defaults. I saw a 27 pointer take 3rd, once.

Hudson Defaults like Master,  Caesar S. (15 8 7 ),  Challenger ( 8 8 13 ), Lazaro S ( 9 15  6 ) don't win against a field of 7 or less full grown privately owned dolphies  often, but they do win often enough to get your blood boiling :smileyhappy:

On Stats : Balanced Stats win more often.

I've seen 14 15 1, and 17 12 1 win both Challenge and Star, but rarely. Weird stat dolphies are fun to watch, but they are not bringing  home the bacon on a consistent basis.

Agility is weird. Anything less then 10 agility will usually have your dolphie not just hitting the rings, but geting stuck in them longer.

Weird because once in awhile a 6 or 7 point Agility dolphie will sail thru more rings than i would have thought possible.

Dolphie racing is an arcane science. Why do some run so good, and some run so bad. I don't know exactly; but ...

All my Dolphies run at 10 10 10. I have 559 wins in just under two years.

Two weird dolphie facts :

1). Your vote counter will stop at 1000

2). You race wins counter stops at 100

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 10 of 13 (239 Views)