Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Re: RACISM IN HOME!

Sep 20, 2011

TyKuhn wrote:

@OP

cool story bro, really. and dosnt some music use the n-word a lot in the music?  sounds like a double standerd to say white people cant say the n-word but blacks can.  It would be great if EVERYONE stopped using such a childish word, but who are we to kid.

@Donut,

if people knocked out everyone who called them a racial slur, maybe some anger management is needed?

Well, for any reason, the use of that word isn't something to take lightly.  It was used for the slaves not too long ago in History, and today it just means "an ignorant person", so either way, it's an insult, no matter what context it's being said in, and shouldn't be tolerated.  Fighting isn't always the answer, but I say, if it comes to it, that person deserved it to begin with.

Knowledge is power,
Ignorance is bliss,
Abstenence is control.
Don't go around trying to know and do everything.
Message 21 of 54 (60 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Sep 20, 2011

And by the same token blacks calling whites the "C" word should be outlawed too.Oh and how dare we forget the people running around in turbons, with the AK on their backs with beards calling themselves terrorists. or the people making a mockery of religion by making "jesus" avatars? How bout we all accept that people don't get along and move on?

obvious troll is obvious

this thread is trying to get attention, nothing more.

Message 22 of 54 (60 Views)
I Only Post Everything
815 posts

Sep 20, 2011

What do you expect from a bunch of anonymous people hiding behind their game consoles, plus the lack of any repercussions from Sony doesn't help as well. Grow a thicker skin.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 54 (60 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Sep 20, 2011

I don't quite understand the point of this thread. If you go looking for racism you will find it. Anywhere.

Message 24 of 54 (60 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4378 posts

Sep 20, 2011

YemeniLuigi wrote:

Well, for any reason, the use of that word isn't something to take lightly.

What?!!

It is used and taken lightly all the time by black people.  They use it as a greeting, a term of comradic endearment, or an in joke.

Black people use it all the time.  It is only not taken lightly when it is said by a person who does not share the same skin color as themselves.  Even if it is being used in the same context as they themselves use it.

So the word itself isn't really a problem in the black community as long as it is them that is using it, but as soon as someone who is of a different race then black uses the word, it is a problem.

There is a name for that type of logic and rational.  Racism.  Plain and simple.  If a word automatically takes on a different meaning just because the person saying it is not black, even though they are using it the exact same way black people do.

That is racism. 

Yes, black people can be and are just as racist as any other race out there.  I know that is something that our politically correct little world is supposed to keep all hush hush, but it is true.

White people do not have the market cornered on racism, nor are they even the worse offenders.  If you have ever heard Asians talk in their own language about other races, when they think no one can understand them, it would shock the blood from your face.

And Middle Easterners can get down right frightening when they go off on a racial tirade.

People need to take a look in the mirror and see their own behavior before they criticize others.

Be One With The Game.

Message 25 of 54 (60 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Sep 21, 2011

Sarge, you must be hanging around with the wrong black people.  Most of my friends and family would pull out a belt if the word is heard in their presence, no matter the ethnicity of the one saying it.  But, I will agree that no race has the market cornered on racism.  During my time in the Middle East and SE Asia I've had friends translate what is being said around me.  They would only tell me half of what they said because it sometime shocked them as well, and they knew I did not fit the normal stereotypes.

Denjin Hadoken

http://www.youtube.com/user/shoryuken1979

http://www.twitch.tv/shoryuken1979
Message 26 of 54 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Sep 21, 2011

hyperkane wrote:

I don't quite understand the point of this thread. If you go looking for racism you will find it. Anywhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hypercane
- (super hurricane) - "...a system up to the size of N. America"        /\_/\

*** First EA Sports Black Table - Diamond Bracelet Winner ***                     (='.'=)

Please don't quote me. Especially when I'm wrong. ~Kane                        (")(")~

That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt people, does it?

Knowledge is power,
Ignorance is bliss,
Abstenence is control.
Don't go around trying to know and do everything.
Message 27 of 54 (60 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Sep 21, 2011

So does the word n00b, according to some, yet it's thrown around freely. I think the point he was trying to make was that if you look for something, your going to find it, And that making a thread, screaming in giant font, that someone used a naughty word, is a rather moot point at best. I may be wrong.

YemeniLuigi wrote:

hyperkane wrote:

Hypercane
- (super hurricane) - "...a system up to the size of N. America"        /\_/\

*** First EA Sports Black Table - Diamond Bracelet Winner ***                     (='.'=)

Please don't quote me. Especially when I'm wrong. ~Kane                        (")(")~

That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt people, does it?

Watashiwa Hagane no Renkinjutsushi!
Message 28 of 54 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Sep 21, 2011

I joined the Homelings because I was fascinated to see how blind prejudice can erupt even in a 'virtual reality' and how a group of people can deliberately invite attack whilst learning how to deal with it in a passive way - and often win over their attacker. Humans are still 'tribal', long after the cave dwelling days have faded away.  Anyone who is not of "the tribe" because of differences in skin color, culture, religious beliefs, overall appearance, educational level, etc. is considered to be an "outsider" and the more frightened of the tribe members try to drive off the 'outsider'.

It all goes back to the beginnings of social behavior:  this is OUR cave, this is OUR food, these are OUR women, this is OUR valley and we will kill to defend it all.  The origin of racial prejudice goes back to the tribal gene pool:  these are OUR women!  The fear of outsiders moving in relates directly to:  these are OUR jobs!  this is OUR food!

These knee jerk reactions are still there, at least subconsciously, and erupt whenever a group feels threatened in any way.  For example, what is so scary about the Homelings?  They look different.  They are busy doing something as a group.  They talk a lot to each other about unknown activities.  They may be a threat!  So they must be attacked and driven away.  Or, if they appear to be stronger than current affiliation, they must be joined for protection and tribal identity.

What is still a sociological mystery to me is why someone who suffers from prejudicial treatment in real life would seek it in a virtual reality by replicating the very features (skin color, mode of attire, etc.) that are causing them to suffer in real life? 

Message 29 of 54 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Sep 21, 2011

just report them & put them on ignore. they r just kids that want 2 draw attention.

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 30 of 54 (60 Views)
0 Likes