Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Re: RACISM IN HOME!

Sep 19, 2011

The Mute Button.. FTW ! How many times girls or boys are jealous by the way my avatar is Cute Homie Boy Lol Naah i Mute them or never reply to them, They get sick of no responses and they run away.

Message 11 of 54 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 19, 2011

musicman1234 wrote:

Words as such are used by ignorant people or as a slang for one another bro.You outta know this. I see white kids say it to each other all the time. I see female avatars dressed half naked in Home and called some savory words as in Ho and so on .Does this mean this person is one?..No it does not.This is called sterotyping.

If I have long hair I must be a doper or listen to heavy metal right? If I have a fat gut I must be a beer drinker right? Here's the thing,don't let anyone pull you into stupidity with them because stupidity can be contagious my friend. I also suggest not letting people here on the forums or in Home draw you out into this conversation or anything like this that carries feelings and emotions along with it.Some people will see this bothers you and take that as weakness and have fun with you and turn it into a game if you let them.Don't be someones joke.

BTW..Definition of that certain word truthfully means a dirty person.Has nothing to do with color but society and what we were told and taught by parents, friends and teachers have loaded this word with their emotions and feelings and transferd all this to other generations..Be smart,let no man put you asunder.Rise above stupidity and ignorance my friend.Don't pass these old feelings to your kids bro...

Yes, or you're doing it all wrong.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 12 of 54 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Sep 19, 2011

pyrodragon5 wrote:

really it meant dirty?  i always thought it was a bastardization of the name of a country in africa

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!

Looks like someone is confusing definition with origin again...

Photobucket
Message 13 of 54 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Sep 19, 2011

yup XDhttp://images.wikia.com/randomstuffstuff/images/3/32/Facepalm.jpg

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 14 of 54 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
500 posts

Sep 19, 2011

JAYTEE1974 wrote:

IM sick of walking in a room dressed in bling and colored black only to have a mob of people call me the "N" word and then ban togther to report me cause i say u racist and leave me alone! SICK AND TIRED!!!!!!!!!!

320G Ps3 owner
Use a bigger font next time.

Message 15 of 54 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
418 posts

Sep 19, 2011

Hey JAYTEE1974,

I just wanted to chime in here with a couple of moderation tips. Anytime someone is using offensive language like that, you can use the in-Home report system to report them. Moderation will review each report and take appropriate action. Because we do review each report, if you are reported when you have done nothing wrong, you need have no worries.

You may also want to check out our Moderation FAQ: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3310895

Your friendly local moderator - M.S.

Message 16 of 54 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Sep 19, 2011

JAYTEE1974 wrote:

IM sick of walking in a room dressed in bling and colored black only to have a mob of people call me the "N" word and then ban togther to report me cause i say u racist and leave me alone! SICK AND TIRED!!!!!!!!!!

320G Ps3 owner

Cut the drama.  I see african-american avatars dressed in bling all the time, in all spaces, and I have never once seen a "mob of people" call someone by that word.  Not once.  Not ever.  Not even when such an avatar happens to act like a complete jerk.  They'll call the person all sorts of other names, but I don't remember the last time I saw a black avatar being attacked with a racial epithet.

Don't get me wrong.  I don't doubt that it does happen at times, and I'm sure it does suck.  I know some people still live in the middle ages.  But it doesn't happen nearly as often as you're acting like it does, and I'd bet dollars to dollars that it happens a lot less often than the same african-american avatars call a woman by "ho" or "b---h", or a gay person by "f--" or "q----" or "l--bo", or some cross-dresser a "tr---y", or someone like myself a "cr----r" or a "nerd" (yes, both have been thrown at me, for real) or whatever they think is unappealing about my inborn traits.

I'm tired of the constant moaning about that particular word.  It's probably the least-used word in America, despite the fact that there are many words that are just as hurtful and which are often used hypocritically by the lot doing the moaning.  Lots of us have words thrown at us that can cause emotional trauma, and they are just as inappropriate, and they are meant to do exactly the same thing you assume that word is meant to do to you.  You want people to rally to your cause... where were you when they called me "nerd"?

The only thing wrong with you and/or your avatar's skin is that it's far too thin.  The rest of us deal with others' anger and hatred.  So can you.  Accept that some people will never behave, ever, no matter how many centuries pass, and grow a thicker skin to deal with them, just like the rest of us have to.

Message 17 of 54 (79 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Sep 19, 2011

MysteriousSpider wrote:

Hey JAYTEE1974,

I just wanted to chime in here with a couple of moderation tips. Anytime someone is using offensive language like that, you can use the in-Home report system to report them. Moderation will review each report and take appropriate action. Because we do review each report, if you are reported when you have done nothing wrong, you need have no worries.

You may also want to check out our Moderation FAQ: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3310895

Your friendly local moderator - M.S.

Yeah I had some guy curse me out because I killed him (In an FPS game, what an idiot), and when I wrote "who are you?", he wrote some pretty disgusting and sexual things that the average 10 year old on COD would write, and I replied back, and he replied about yet another thing, this one about my "dead grandmother", because for some reason he assumed my grandmother was dead (Thank God she isn't).  So I just sent grief reports on his messages and I never got another message from him again. 

If someone is just being nasty to you, it's better to just report them and move on.  Chances are you'll never see him again, and it's over.  I used to see people in MW2 lobbies being racist toward me, and saying very disturbing things, and even try to "speak Arabic", while it sounds more like Hebrew than Arabic.  I feel it's just better to ignore them because they're ignorant.

Knowledge is power,
Ignorance is bliss,
Abstenence is control.
Don't go around trying to know and do everything.
Message 18 of 54 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2050 posts

Sep 20, 2011

Accidental-Donut wrote:

People who go around calling dark skinned people the "N" word are racist,point blank there is no excuse for it.To the OP just internet tough guys is all ,the fact of the matter is they would get knocked out stone cold if they walked up to a brother and called him "N" in real life.

Racist remark to combat alleged racism?

Message 19 of 54 (79 Views)
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Sep 20, 2011

@OP

cool story bro, really. and dosnt some music use the n-word a lot in the music?  sounds like a double standerd to say white people cant say the n-word but blacks can.  It would be great if EVERYONE stopped using such a childish word, but who are we to kid.

@Donut,

if people knocked out everyone who called them a racial slur, maybe some anger management is needed?

TyKuhn Trophy Card
Message 20 of 54 (79 Views)