Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Sep 19 2011
By: JAYTEE1974 Sackboy 508 posts
Offline

RACISM IN HOME!

53 replies 324 views Edited Sep 19, 2011

IM sick of walking in a room dressed in bling and colored black only to have a mob of people call me the "N" word and then ban togther to report me cause i say u racist and leave me alone! SICK AND TIRED!!!!!!!!!!

Proud PS4 owner as of 11/15/2013
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 54 (324 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/27/2008
Offline
4987 posts
 

Re: RACISM IN HOME!

Sep 19, 2011

dont respond just press select and report them. It's hard to believe but the report button does work(about 82 percent of the time anyways)..

images.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 54 (324 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/18/2011
Offline
780 posts
 

Re: RACISM IN HOME!

Sep 19, 2011

So, because they called you a word that makes them racist?

Just ignore them, sheesh.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 54 (324 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/27/2009
Offline
141 posts
 

Re: RACISM IN HOME!

Sep 19, 2011

People who go around calling dark skinned people the "N" word are racist,point blank there is no excuse for it.To the OP just internet tough guys is all ,the fact of the matter is they would get knocked out stone cold if they walked up to a brother and called him "N" in real life.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 54 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/20/2006
Offline
4375 posts
 

Re: RACISM IN HOME!

Sep 19, 2011

Accidental-Donut wrote:

People who go around calling dark skinned people the "N" word are racist,point blank there is no excuse for it.To the OP just internet tough guys is all ,the fact of the matter is they would get knocked out stone cold if they walked up to a brother and called him "N" in real life.

So, does that also apply when it is one dark skinned person calling another dark skinned person the "N" word?

.

 


 


 


 


Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 54 (324 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2009
Offline
2432 posts
 

Re: RACISM IN HOME!

Sep 19, 2011

JAYTEE1974 wrote:

IM sick of walking in a room dressed in bling and colored black only to have a mob of people call me the "N" word and then ban togther to report me cause i say u racist and leave me alone! SICK AND TIRED!!!!!!!!!!

320G Ps3 owner

Suggestion for next time: Rather than reply to any of these obvious children, report each and every one of them, then leave the room. If you follow this advice, you may not see these kids back in your intended virtual playground the next time you go there.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 54 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/01/2009
Offline
5305 posts
 

Re: RACISM IN HOME!

Sep 19, 2011

The-Sarge wrote:

Accidental-Donut wrote:

People who go around calling dark skinned people the "N" word are racist,point blank there is no excuse for it.To the OP just internet tough guys is all ,the fact of the matter is they would get knocked out stone cold if they walked up to a brother and called him "N" in real life.

So, does that also apply when it is one dark skinned person calling another dark skinned person the "N" word?

.

They may take our Other OS,
or our PSN.

But they will never take,

OUR FREEDOM!!!

It can, but that gets into a whole different issue. The long and short of that is that there are some people trying to take the word back by using it as gentle slang.

If you don't know a person, it doesn't matter what color you are. You don't use that word. On Home, there's no way to tell who's on the other side of the keyboard, so it's straight up racism. Even if the offenders think they're being funny, they're not.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 54 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/20/2006
Offline
4375 posts
 

Re: RACISM IN HOME!

Sep 19, 2011

HearItWow wrote:

The-Sarge wrote:

Accidental-Donut wrote:

People who go around calling dark skinned people the "N" word are racist,point blank there is no excuse for it.To the OP just internet tough guys is all ,the fact of the matter is they would get knocked out stone cold if they walked up to a brother and called him "N" in real life.

So, does that also apply when it is one dark skinned person calling another dark skinned person the "N" word?

.

They may take our Other OS,
or our PSN.

But they will never take,

OUR FREEDOM!!!

It can, but that gets into a whole different issue. The long and short of that is that there are some people trying to take the word back by using it as gentle slang.

If you don't know a person, it doesn't matter what color you are. You don't use that word. On Home, there's no way to tell who's on the other side of the keyboard, so it's straight up racism. Even if the offenders think they're being funny, they're not.

My question was to donut.  I am asking not in regards to just Home, but in regards to the absoluteness of his statement.

.

 


 


 


 


Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 54 (324 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/22/2008
Offline
3512 posts
 

Re: RACISM IN HOME!

Sep 19, 2011

Words as such are used by ignorant people or as a slang for one another bro.You outta know this. I see white kids say it to each other all the time. I see female avatars dressed half naked in Home and called some savory words as in Ho and so on .Does this mean this person is one?..No it does not.This is called sterotyping.

If I have long hair I must be a doper or listen to heavy metal right? If I have a fat gut I must be a beer drinker right? Here's the thing,don't let anyone pull you into stupidity with them because stupidity can be contagious my friend. I also suggest not letting people here on the forums or in Home draw you out into this conversation or anything like this that carries feelings and emotions along with it.Some people will see this bothers you and take that as weakness and have fun with you and turn it into a game if you let them.Don't be someones joke.

BTW..Definition of that certain word truthfully means a dirty person.Has nothing to do with color but society and what we were told and taught by parents, friends and teachers have loaded this word with their emotions and feelings and transferd all this to other generations..Be smart,let no man put you asunder.Rise above stupidity and ignorance my friend.Don't pass these old feelings to your kids bro...

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 54 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/26/2008
Offline
2948 posts
 

Re: RACISM IN HOME!

Sep 19, 2011

really it meant dirty?  i always thought it was a bastardization of the name of a country in africa


BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 54 (324 Views)