Mar 10 2007
By: EliteTrooper Keyblade Wielder 10979 posts

Question...

9 replies 48 views Edited Mar 10, 2007
... While watching videos, I've wondered: Do you choose servers or something.  For example, if you go into the Central Lobby, Arcade, Theatre, etc., how many people can be in there?  I mean, it talked about millions of players on this game but wouldn't they have to set up servers or something to limit the amount of people in each area?

So can someone please clear me up on this?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Re: Question...

Mar 10, 2007
There is a limit of 64 users per lobby. However, there will be a multiude of lobbies. You can only have 50 people on your friend list, so that's the maximum amount of people you could have in your private space.

Oh and there will be regional servers which will be your starting point, but from here, the user can literally go anywhere within Home.

Message Edited by Gavi on 03-11-2007 08:34 AM
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10979 posts

Mar 10, 2007
Alright, thanks.  I have another question but I don't even know if there's a definite answer for it:

Can people choose to go to your home / apartment whenever they feel or do they have to be invited each time?  Does anyone know how that'll work out?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Mar 10, 2007

battlefront_clone wrote:
Alright, thanks.  I have another question but I don't even know if there's a definite answer for it:

Can people choose to go to your home / apartment whenever they feel or do they have to be invited each time?  Does anyone know how that'll work out?

I think that it would be a locked door system. If someone would want to come in, they would have to knock first

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1124 posts

Mar 11, 2007

Shnozzle wrote:

battlefront_clone wrote:

I think that it would be a locked door system. If someone would want to come in, they would have to knock first

Yeah, they would probably have to get your permission first. I also heard something about an invitation.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
704 posts

Mar 11, 2007
a limit of 64 users per lobby (server)
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Mar 11, 2007

Shnozzle wrote:

battlefront_clone wrote:

they do have to be invited to enter private spaces. (not sure - hopefully be able to put some people on invite all time)
I do know that currently when you leave PS Home so does your house.
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1124 posts

Mar 11, 2007

AckeheceKoheo wrote:

Shnozzle wrote:

battlefront_clone wrote:

they do have to be invited to enter private spaces. (not sure - hopefully be able to put some people on invite all time)

What, like it disappears!?
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Mar 11, 2007

Fryman wrote:

AckeheceKoheo wrote:

Shnozzle wrote:

battlefront_clone wrote:

yeah it only exists as long as you are using the ps home

Q: When I jump back from a game into Home, will I return with the same people next to me? Will I return to a default location?

A: Upon returning to Home, you will land in the same place which was your last position before you left (for instance, if you left Home from your apartment, that is where you will return to.) However, given that Home is an online world, other users will doubtless have moved on while you are off doing something else (unless you've specifically asked them to wait for you.) Currently Home is not a persistent world, so when you leave Home, all of your possessions go with you. For instance, it is not currently possible for other users to visit your apartment while you're not there. We are working on the persistent aspect of Home, and expect to implement it in the long term.

Message Edited by AckeheceKoheo on 03-10-2007 04:22 PM
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10979 posts

Mar 11, 2007

AckeheceKoheo wrote:

Fryman wrote:

AckeheceKoheo wrote:

Shnozzle wrote:

battlefront_clone wrote:

yeah it only exists as long as you are using the ps home

Q: When I jump back from a game into Home, will I return with the same people next to me? Will I return to a default location?

A: Upon returning to Home, you will land in the same place which was your last position before you left (for instance, if you left Home from your apartment, that is where you will return to.) However, given that Home is an online world, other users will doubtless have moved on while you are off doing something else (unless you've specifically asked them to wait for you.) Currently Home is not a persistent world, so when you leave Home, all of your possessions go with you. For instance, it is not currently possible for other users to visit your apartment while you're not there. We are working on the persistent aspect of Home, and expect to implement it in the long term.

Message Edited by AckeheceKoheo on 03-10-2007 04:22 PM

Alright, that answered my question.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (48 Views)
0 Likes