Jan 25 2013
By: WWERaw526 Sackboy 527 posts

Question about the Loot Flatscreen EOD TVS

22 replies 264 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

I just want to ask the question before I buy it,.

Does the flat screen EOD TVS in the loot store have radioio on them? I know it says it in the item description when you’re about to buy it, but you know how sony can be sometimes, they could just say that to make you buy it lol, so I just wanna make sure.

If anyone has one, which size would you recommend, I’m thinking about buying the 60" flat screen or the 80" flat screen.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Re: Question about the Loot Flatscreen EOD TVS

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

It does not have the Radioio service included with the EOD TV's unfortunately. You would have to purchase the LOOT radios separately in order to use the Radioio service.

Also, as for size recommendations, it all depends on what personal space you plan on using it in.  Harbor Studio for example would be just fine with the 60 or 80.  Larger spaces and the 140 and the 240 look pretty sweet.  :smileyvery-happy:

My first Playstation Home trophy! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

@ Kamo, lol thanks for telling me, see what sony can do to you, luckily i didn't just buy one right away. so wait let me get this straight, like say if you bought 60" flat screen tv, then you would have to buy a loot radio also?

as for the size recommendations, i just don't wanna buy a 11.99 or unless it's really worth it.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (238 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
979 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Hi op here about the loot tv information I hope this helps tc and have fun

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (234 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29005 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Best buys are the apartments with the bulit in EOD's given they have both TV and Radio and they take up no furniture slots. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

@Joanna, Ya i have the hollywood hills place with the big tv, but the music doesnt fill up the whole living room, only half of it

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (228 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
979 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Here a personal place with eod tv with radio 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Already have that place, tech, thanks for the video help though.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (215 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
979 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Hi op here the official statement for radio about sound through personal space

The following is LOOT's official response:

Hey everybody,

We wanted to take this time to provide more information regarding our LOOT™ Radio pricing structure. In our blog on Monday, our Radios were originally going to be priced individually for $9.99 each or as a special 9-piece bundle for $19.99. Time and time again we've said how much we appreciate our community, and we're always listening for feedback - this time is no different. As a thank-you for all of the support you've shown us over the years, we are offering our LOOT Radios now at these prices:

Individual radios for $6.99 (with the exception of our Reel-to-Reel Radio available for $8.99), and our bundle for $14.99.

Also, we're pleased to announce a special 10th radio FREE for present and future LOOT fans who reside in the United States and Canada. Providing real music streaming from RadioIO's Billboard Top 100 channel, users can see and experience the functionality that can be found in all of our LOOT Radios.

Finally, to address the questions about proximity, we hear you all loud and clear (pardon the pun). Allowing music to stream throughout a space regardless of proximity to the source is definitely something we want to give you all, and even though we've been tirelessly working on it it's just not something that's technically feasible at this time. As RadioIO is a service that provides real-time live streaming music, rather than a pre-cached MP3 song, we cannot control the volume range due to the need of dynamic screens. As controlling the range, for dynamic screens, is a feature not available in the Home Development Kit, we unfortunately are unable to make this available at this time. In the event this becomes available in the near future, we will be more than happy to work on it, but until this feature is implemented in the HDK we cannot make any promises.

Thanks again for being a part of our great community, and we hope you and your friends have a blast dancing the night away with our LOOT Radios!

NOTE: Due to contractual and rights agreements, some channels are nation-specific. RadioIO is only available in the United States and Canada. In addition, due to rights issues, countries may not receive the same content selections within the channels. Only one radio or television can be active at a time. The LOOT Radio will work in any private space, unless the space comes with a TV or radio you cannot turn off. 16 slots per Radio.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Jan 25, 2013

WWERaw526 wrote:

lol thanks for telling me, see what sony can do to you, luckily i didn't just buy one right away. so wait let me get this straight, like say if you bought 60" flat screen tv, then you would have to buy a loot radio also?

Yep.  From what I understand, LOOT says that there are memory restrictions that restrict them from adding both services to active items, so they had to split them into two separate item.  The EOD's for movies/video and the radio's for music.

My first Playstation Home trophy! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (209 Views)
0 Likes