Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 03 2012
By: Edisen Hekseville Citizen 349 posts

Question about rewards from Lockwood Dream Yacht

23 replies 547 views Edited Apr 3, 2012

Are the rewards spawning properly for new, or recent owners?

My wife set up home in the Yacht ten days ago  (thanks again Chelada and xiggy) but suddenly she's only getting 1 or 2 rewards every three days. Last rewards received were

March 28 Modern Coffee Table, Modern Lamp

April 1 High Performance Microphone and Stand

And nothing after that so far

Another Yacht owner also got only the Table and Lamp that day but idk if this is typical.  When is the daily reset time for rewards in the Dream Yacht?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: Question about rewards from Lockwood Dream Yacht

Apr 3, 2012

I got my yacht the day of release, and the first day was 3 rewards, second and third days were 2 rewards, and then from there out it was pretty random. Sometimes 1 reward, sometimes 2, and once or twice no rewards at all. You just have to keep going sporadically each day at different times of the day to acquire everything.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5304 posts

Apr 3, 2012

Yacht rewards are given out on a 13-day cycle. You'll get a bunch the first day, and a couple of them are hidden rather well, so be sure to check every inch of the boat.

The clock -should- reset at 8PM Eastern. With Daylight Savings time, that could be 9PM Eastern at this point.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (547 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25749 posts

Apr 3, 2012

Edisen wrote:

When is the daily reset time for rewards in the Dream Yacht?

I don't have the space, but I would suggest that the next time you receive a gift, note the time you received it and then come back in 24 hour increments.

Though times may be "random, generally any timed event in Home is on a 12, 24, weekly or hours in between cycle. Once something is activated or completed, note the time and go from there.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (547 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Apr 3, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 4, 2012

strider367 wrote:

That no longer applies now. They started to sell this in Japan 2 weeks ago. When they did that the reward cycle was completely changed. In Japan there are no rewards for guests. You'll also find the same for here as well. This thing was always screwy even more so now...

The reward cycle does have a pattern, but it depends on what day you started with and what items you already have. A person who started on Wed probably will have something different than who started on Thurs or already had 1 or more guest item from visiting other person's yacht.

Also, there are the same 7 rewards for guest in Japan.

There are times where you needed to re-enter or clear up the cache or needed to wait a few minutes for the mark to appear. So for some people this might have been the problem and missed the rewards that they should have gotten for that day.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Apr 4, 2012

stevev363 wrote:

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37252093#37252093

Next time try the search bar.

That didn't answer my current question, like have the reward scheme changed RECENTLY?  It sure isn't following the pattern listed in the OP.  People who purchased the Yacht in December appeared to get something every day and 10 items the first day.  That's not happening.  So now the next item is going to appear at the beginning of another two week cycle, like on April 17th?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Apr 4, 2012

Thanks for the info.  Rentering the space multiple times during the day hasn't worked but, I guess we should try waiting like 10 minutes for the markers to populate.  Great, that could explain a lot.  Everyone was saying "owner rewards are on a two-week cycle", etc etc, and I couldn't see how that was possible at the rate we're going.  More like a 1-2 month cycle at this point.

I'm just throwing a line out to see what current owners are getting right now.  Today, didn't get anything after the 5pm PST reset.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 4, 2012

Did you get any rewards as a guest before buying the yacht? It seems you get 10 items the first day if you haven't receieved any, and if you do, you start with 2 or 3 items.

I had 6 items by visiting others before actually buying the yacht. The first day I only got 3 rewards and 2 or 3 each day (inbetween there were about 4 days with nothing) and took me about 2 to 3 weeks to complete all 30.

Also, do you have the space decorated? Sometimes the mark overlaps with the furniture and might have missed it.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Apr 4, 2012

I wouldn't hold your breath....  I've had the Yacht since January and use to visit every day and I still never got the large aquarium.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (547 Views)
0 Likes