Dec 02 2012
By: crua9 Lombax Warrior 192 posts

Products needs to be more functional and the avatars needs to be more like Sims

[ Edited ]
5 replies 200 views Edited Dec 2, 2012

I love how some people try to make their private spaces look like a real house, but there is no functionality in some of the products. For example, I have a fridge in my inventory that only sits there and looks like a fridge.  In fact, today I seen on Home today some advertisement for a bathroom set. You can't really do anything with it, so why would I spend my own real money buying something that's only reason to be around is to look like a bathroom. 

Saying that, one thing that could make this game more fun is the ability take care of the avatar or to have them take care of themselves like in Sims. I don't mean the avatar getting annoying by being forced to feed them 10 times an hour, but something would be better than what we have now for a lot of people.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (200 Views)
PlayStation MVP
980 posts

Re: Products needs to be more functional and the avatars needs to be more like Sims

Dec 2, 2012
Please don't take this a insult but this isn't the sims it a online service to meet follow games and talk and make friends. It not suppose to be real life or like the sims. i don't think we need to have where it goes to bathroom or eating.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8596 posts

Re: Products needs to be more functional and the avatars needs to be more like Sims

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

crua9 wrote:

I love how some people try to make their private spaces look like a real house, but there is no functionality in some of the products. For example, I have a fridge in my inventory that only sits there and looks like a fridge.  In fact, today I seen on Home today some advertisement for a bathroom set. You can't really do anything with it, so why would I spend my own real money buying something that's only reason to be around is to look like a bathroom. 

Saying that, one thing that could make this game more fun is the ability take care of the avatar or to have them take care of themselves like in Sims. I don't mean the avatar getting annoying by being forced to feed them 10 times an hour, but something would be better than what we have now for a lot of people.

You can't do anything with the bathroom set?   You can sit on the toilet how is that for "functionality" :smileytongue:

You're also forgetting one thing "HOME IS NOT A GAME!!!"  It's a social networking program much like a chat program.  But with Home you get a much cooler Avatar and a Home that you can make you're own.

But I do agree with you that Sony should try harder to make things more use full in Home.  They sell things like lap-tops and junk but they don't do anything.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

Actually there has been nothing from Sony saying this is or is not a game. 

Anyways, what I'm getting at is they sell all of these objects, but the only things I found useful to have in your personal space is a chair, and a EOD TV from Loot. (Even that, you can just go to the Loot theater and you can get the same results)

On top of that, even the companions (I think you call them that) are useless. All they do is follow you around and they go away whenever you're in an activity. However, they are useful in an aspect where they show your personality some what and they are useful if you want to drain down everyone's net.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (125 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Dec 4, 2012

crua9 wrote:

You can't really do anything with it, so why would I spend my own real money buying something that's only reason to be around is to look like a bathroom. 

There's always people with more money than sense, especially on Playstation Home. Its users are the most ignoarnt out of all the virtual worlds. Many of them are under the delusion that Home is a social network.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (99 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4885 posts

Dec 4, 2012

StardustChampion wrote:

There's always people with more money than sense, especially on Playstation Home. Its users are the most ignoarnt out of all the virtual worlds. Many of them are under the delusion that Home is a social network.

Home is a game to me. The social part of it is just a bonus.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (85 Views)
0 Likes