Mar 28 2007
By: aguba Gaming Beast 2512 posts

Possible Delay?

10 replies 26 views Edited Mar 28, 2007
I just thought of something. What if Home was delayed, like the PS3 was? It could be due to problems reported during the beta testing, or other issues. What would happen then? My guess: everyone would go berserk
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Re: Possible Delay?

Mar 28, 2007
By this point I think they've worked out all the big bugs.  I believe the beta testing is to find little bugs that any user might come across.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
790 posts

Mar 28, 2007
It will be fine the fact that bet starts next month thats months of testing intill the release date of full verson,
PSN - NOOB-LIFE

LIFES A BALANCE
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Mar 28, 2007

aguba wrote:
I just thought of something. What if Home was delayed, like the PS3 was? It could be due to problems reported during the beta testing, or other issues. What would happen then? My guess: everyone would go berserk

I doubt that Home will be delayed especially sense Sony is having two Beta Testings, they are going to make sure that the product is fit to the Tee, before launching it, I think they could have added it to the March Update but it hadn't been tested yet so thats the reason it was put in because its ready after all thats why the Beta testing is right around the corner, and they still have a good amount of time to fix problems they run into, so yeah I doubt home will be delayed, but it could be possible you never know, but I want to look at the bright side as it seems that it will be ready in time if not before than and also if it did get delayed I'd rather it be delayed than get something I wouldn't want
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (26 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
896 posts

Mar 28, 2007
I doubt there will be a delay in the beta trials. For one, SCE has mostly likely done the majority of the testing during their private beta. The purpose of the Home beta trials is to get suggestions, recommendations for improvement, and feedback from a sample population of potential Home users.

Microsoft did the same thing with their new Office suite (Office 2007). They had a small group of beta testers working on specific builds and gave the masses (trialists) the opportunity to download the beta.

That's the difference between a beta test vs a beta trial. - You get to try-out the product before its actually available without having to test new features or find bugs and report back to the development team with issues.

As stated in the Home Beta agreement, during the Trial, you will provide us with your views and feedback on Home and may send us ideas for improvements, enhancements and other changes to Home ("Suggested Changes"). You acknowledge that we may implement such Suggested Changes in whole or in part without any payment or other compensation to you. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
709 posts

Mar 28, 2007
I just hope I can get into the beta testing thats suppose to start in April ^_^
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1993 posts

Mar 28, 2007
I bet it does get delayed. I'd put money on it. everything else has been delayed why would this be any different? who says the beta wont' be delayed too?

honestly I think the beta will come this summer maybe in april. but I think they are going to find they have a ton of bugs that need to be worked out and we'll all be waiting for march all over again. They can't even get the XMB working in game, what makes you think home will work?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Mar 28, 2007

AwesomePaul wrote:
I bet it does get delayed. I'd put money on it. everything else has been delayed why would this be any different? who says the beta wont' be delayed too?

honestly I think the beta will come this summer maybe in april. but I think they are going to find they have a ton of bugs that need to be worked out and we'll all be waiting for march all over again. They can't even get the XMB working in game, what makes you think home will work?

First, its not good to compare anything to another situation as its not the same, and to add everything has not been delayed. Most of what people think have been delayed never had a release date to begin with, its just rumored. Now Beta being delayed, that makes no sense as Beta is done when the project is near completion, there would be no reason to push back a Beta, especially if you are trying to deliver an excellent product of the quality of Home.

Message Edited by PSPMAN07 on 03-28-2007 11:31 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1993 posts

Mar 28, 2007

PSPMAN07 wrote:

AwesomePaul wrote:

First, its not good to compare anything to another situation as its not the same, and to add everything has not been delayed. Most of what people think have been delayed never had a release date to begin with, its just rumored. Now Beta being delayed, that makes no sense as Beta is done when the project is near completion, there would be no reason to push back a Beta, especially if you are trying to deliver an excellent product of the quality of Home.

they did say PSN would be able to do everything XBL can do at launch. four months later and we don't even know if they plan on releasing those features. I'm not even asking for them, I would just like to know that they are shooting for a certain date. dvd upconverting was supposed to be in the march update. Nothing...there are a few more days left in march, so...

lair was delayed, motorstorm was delayed, heavenly sword was delayed. all first party sony games
who know s what happened to calling all cars...maybe tomorrow we will get that.

right now I have no reason to believe anything they say the first time around. that goes for home too.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Mar 28, 2007

AwesomePaul wrote:

PSPMAN07 wrote:

AwesomePaul wrote:

they did say PSN would be able to do everything XBL can do at launch. four months later and we don't even know if they plan on releasing those features. I'm not even asking for them, I would just like to know that they are shooting for a certain date. dvd upconverting was supposed to be in the march update. Nothing...there are a few more days left in march, so...

lair was delayed, motorstorm was delayed, heavenly sword was delayed. all first party sony games
who know s what happened to calling all cars...maybe tomorrow we will get that.

right now I have no reason to believe anything they say the first time around. that goes for home too.

I'll give you MS being delayed the others weren't delayed as they didn't have a set date on them, most of them were just thought to be release titles and they weren't exactly what I was talking about, they had no special release date, but it was speculated that they were launch titles, yet when they didn't appear people felt that they were delayed which isn't the case at all. Now as for as Sony coming out and saying that PSN would have the same functions as XBL, I would like to see an article that directly states that, It seems that it was implied to someone but not really said by Sony, so I really can't believe that until I see that in actual writing and it being confirmed by Sony

Also as I said its not right to compare something because they are different, games that were delayed doesn't mean something else is going to be delayed especially since Sony has been working on Home since the PS2 days, Home was an original plan before PS3, so more than likely its ready for testing

Message Edited by PSPMAN07 on 03-28-2007 03:08 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (26 Views)
0 Likes