Jul 31 2013
By: RockCandyGirl Wastelander 668 posts

Pool Table Hackers ??

28 replies 385 views Edited Jul 31, 2013

Why can't Sony do anything about the folks that are interrupting game play by hacking into the Bowling Alley's  Pool Table games and basically hijacking your game.

On three occasions I've seen it done. Two methods 1) they stand beside the table you are playing and join the play, taking over the cue ball some how. 2) while playing they on purposely scratch and with some hack mess up the cue ball and again hijack the game.

Heaven forbid if you ask them politely about their exploits you find yourself denied all internet service and you at your router and modem resetting everything. Isn't Sony partially responsible for denial of internet service? Is there not State and Federal laws against such acts.

All the Bowling Ally developers have to do is stand around the pool tables on a Friday, Saturday evening or Sunday afternoons and watch what's going on, it's very obvious on who's doing what..

Some nights the space is complete controlled by these people and you have to walk around on egg shells so your don't get frozen and bumped off the net.

I spend most of time either playing Poker or Pool... At least Digital Leisure has some supervision and presents in their space.

(rightfully so!)

Names have been changed to protect the innocent..lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8587 posts

Re: Pool Table Hackers ??

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

RockCandyGirl wrote:

Why can't Sony do anything about the folks that are interrupting game play by hacking into the Bowling Alley's  Pool Table games and basically hijacking your game.

On three occasions I've seen it done. Two methods 1) they stand beside the table you are playing and join the play, taking over the cue ball some how. 2) while playing they on purposely scratch and with some hack mess up the cue ball and again hijack the game.

Heaven forbid if you ask them politely about their exploits you find yourself denied all internet service and you at your router and modem resetting everything. Isn't Sony partially responsible for denial of internet service? Is there not State and Federal laws against such acts.

All the Bowling Ally developers have to do is stand around the pool tables on a Friday, Saturday evening or Sunday afternoons and watch what's going on, it's very obvious on who's doing what..

Some nights the space is complete controlled by these people and you have to walk around on egg shells so your don't get frozen and bumped off the net.

I spend most of time either playing Poker or Pool... At least Digital Leisure has some supervision and presents in their space.

(rightfully so!)

There is no such thing as a pool table "Hack" it's a well known glitch.  It's our jobs as Home's Open Beta Testers to go out and find glitches and report them back to Sony.  After that it's up to Sony to fix them.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
668 posts

Jul 31, 2013

Try again.....ever try playing there King?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

Jul 31, 2013

i have no problems with hackers i play all the time..it does glitch though

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jul 31, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

RockCandyGirl wrote:

(rightfully so!)

There is no such thing as a pool table "Hack" it's a well known glitch.  It's our jobs as Home's Open Beta Testers to go out and find glitches and report them back to Sony.  After that it's up to Sony to fix them.

KING! That's utter nonsense. While they want us testing home, they don't want us disturbing people's gameplay. There's a reason there's a report option for disrupting play. Also, you yourself JUST SAID , that it's WELL KNOWN. IF it's well known then there's no need to " supposedly test " this problem anymore. god, the stuff that spews out of your mouth, smh

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (343 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jul 31, 2013
Just the concept of "pool table hacker" makes me lol
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (332 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8587 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

hellokittyxo wrote:
KING! That's utter nonsense. While they want us testing home, they don't want us disturbing people's gameplay. There's a reason there's a report option for disrupting play. Also, you yourself JUST SAID , that it's WELL KNOWN. IF it's well known then there's no need to " supposedly test " this problem anymore. god, the stuff that spews out of your mouth, smh

Where did I ever say anything about disturbing people's gameplay?  (I would really like to see it) The OP was talking about a well known glitch with pool tables.  "IF" things worked the way they where supposed to...  Ones someone reports the glitch then Sony would fix it and that would be the end of the problem.  But as beta testers we do our jobs and report problems like the pool table glitch and years latter the glitch does not get fixed.  Then glitchers take advantage of the fact that Sony does not fix the glitch.

By the way...  This Glitch has been in Home since the Closed Beta.  When you see me post about why Home is still in Open Beta and talk about Bugs, Glitches and exploits that have been here sice the CB this is just one of the ones I'm talking about.  Home has no hope in getting out of beta tell things like this get fixed.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jul 31, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

hellokittyxo wrote:

Where did I ever say anything about disturbing people's gameplay?  (I would really like to see it) The OP was talking about a well known glitch with pool tables.  "IF" things worked the way they where supposed to...  Ones someone reports the glitch then Sony would fix it and that would be the end of the problem.  But as beta testers we do our jobs and report problems like the pool table glitch a years latter the glitch does not get fixed.  Then glitchers take advantage of the fact that Sony does not fix the glitch.

Oh, so you're saying it's acceptable to continue to do the glitch just because sony hasn't fixed it. That's really brilliant. 

So let me ask you this, say you found a glitch that managed to crash sony's servers. You did it once by accident. What would you do? Report it to them and give them time to fix it or do it again and again and again and again? I'm pretty sure sony doesn't want people doing that. Sigh, don't worry, i'm not going to bother responding to your next repsponse because you either Never read and think about what the person you're arguing with has said, or you just don't care because you're so fixated on your own opinion that you don't bother to open your mind to others idea's. Enjoy your rebuttal, but I doubt anyone will care to read it all the way through as half your posts are utter nonsense. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (313 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8587 posts

Jul 31, 2013

hellokittyxo wrote:
Oh, so you're saying it's acceptable to continue to do the glitch just because sony hasn't fixed it. That's really brilliant. 

So let me ask you this, say you found a glitch that managed to crash sony's servers. You did it once by accident. What would you do? Report it to them and give them time to fix it or do it again and again and again and again? I'm pretty sure sony doesn't want people doing that. Sigh, don't worry, i'm not going to bother responding to your next repsponse because you either Never read and think about what the person you're arguing with has said, or you just don't care because you're so fixated on your own opinion that you don't bother to open your mind to others idea's. Enjoy your rebuttal, but I doubt anyone will care to read it all the way through as half your posts are utter nonsense. 

Have you ever seen me use this glitch?  No!!!  But I will say you can't blame the glichers for doing there jobs where Sony does not do there job.  As I said this would not be a problem if Sony just fixed the glitch and it has been here from the CB days.  It's well known it's easy to find out how it's done on the internet and it should have been fixed a long time ago.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (297 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28998 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

If the users are disrupting your game that is against the TOS and a banable offense. Doesn't matter if they are glitching or if Home is in Beta. Game Disruption can be reported and should be. Best to try and get as much in the chat log as possible before submitting one in my view. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (271 Views)