Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 67 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1752 posts

Re: Plus voucher code scam-E3 Home

Jun 13, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

You need a valid credit card, in order to use the free voucher  code from E3.

It says @ the bottom, will continue to charge the credit card, until you cancel the order/subscription.   

That's the biggest trap in the world.  They know and want people to forget, they had to use their credit card, and hopes THEY DO forget putting the charge on there.   While some poor victim, keeps getting charged.  Month is along time.

Not really free, biggest let down for E3 and Home!

I realize that you are probably young and have had no experience with this type of marketing yet, but this is a very common practice with all types of businesses for many years. My first experience was when I agreed to a free newspaper subscription, and after a month I had to pay for it. The limited time offer that becomes a paid service if you don't opt out is EXTREMELY common in the world. You just need to be aware of what it is. It's legal and it's not going to stop.

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 67 (107 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
773 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

UltraPSX wrote:
  1. Redeem PS+ trial code (Add credit card # to redeem)
  2. Account Management --> Transaction Management --> Services List --> Playstation Plus --> Cancel Automatic Renewal
  3. Account Management --> Account Information --> Billing Information --> Delete Billiing Information
  4. Enjoy your 100% free PS+ trial :smileyhappy:

Because Sony allows you to do this (Xbox doesn't let me delete my CC), they've earned my trust and I keep it on file for convenience, but you can remove it with no strings attached if you just want the PS+.

Yes! all fine and dandy... You've cancelled the billing info, but Sony will still have your credit card info somewhere in their system. I've already had to change my CC numbers, banking accounts and passwords once thanks to Sony.

NEVER again....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 67 (96 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32199 posts

Jun 13, 2013

RockCandyGirl wrote:

UltraPSX wrote:
  1. Redeem PS+ trial code (Add credit card # to redeem)
  2. Account Management --> Transaction Management --> Services List --> Playstation Plus --> Cancel Automatic Renewal
  3. Account Management --> Account Information --> Billing Information --> Delete Billiing Information
  4. Enjoy your 100% free PS+ trial :smileyhappy:

Because Sony allows you to do this (Xbox doesn't let me delete my CC), they've earned my trust and I keep it on file for convenience, but you can remove it with no strings attached if you just want the PS+.

Yes! all fine and dandy... You've cancelled the billing info, but Sony will still have your credit card info somewhere in their system. I've already had to change my CC numbers, banking accounts and passwords once thanks to Sony.

NEVER again....

why?

ive never had to do any of that.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 67 (89 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
773 posts

Jun 13, 2013

You been living under a rock the-original-se??  April 2011 means nothing??..77 million accounts hacked??..ring a bell?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 67 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1604 posts

Jun 13, 2013

RockCandyGirl wrote:

You been living under a rock the-original-se??  April 2011 means nothing??..77 million accounts hacked??..ring a bell?

And NO ONE ever lost any money or had fake charges on their credit cards. And, please don't tell me how you heard your best friend's buddy's aunt's nephew lost thousands -- didn't happen. Check the news.

We know now that Home will be gone by next April. I intend to enjoy it as long as it's around. I hope you do, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 67 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32199 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

RockCandyGirl wrote:

you mean the hack that only resulted in quite a few passwords being taken and no reports of anyones accounts being taken over or credit cards being stolen? yeah, i know of that. what does that have to do with changing your bank account info?

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 67 (73 Views)
0 Likes