Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
380 posts

Re: Please explain the purpose of multiple avatars.

May 14, 2013

I couldn't afford whatever is required to have 2 avatars on at the same time. Even then some of the clothes I would want for a second account if I created one are no longer available.

Finally my "Feminine" Side & "Dirty Minded" Side don't get along....

Odd Flash Back:

:cattongue: You & Me baby ain't nothing but mammals so lets do it like do on The Discovery Chanel!

:catfrustrated: The Bad Touch by The Bloodhound Gang stinks & you stink for singing it.

:catsad: ....

.... So.... Yeah.... That's never going to happen.

Message 21 of 32 (231 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5206 posts

May 14, 2013

because ihave wash my avatar's clothes

so when one avatar has to do jury duty

when on avatar is on vacation

quickest solution to date nite

when i want to have an intelligent argument with myself:smileylol:

images.jpg

Message 22 of 32 (225 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

May 14, 2013

My main avatar is a female because I am a female, lol, but I also use male avatars when I don't feel like getting constantly harrassed by male avatars saying "hey baby, nice a**" and what not. I even try and make my female avi look like fish food (Loot Octopus Hat, Heavy Waters Brokejaw Zombie) and I still get hit on :smileyindifferent: 

Message 23 of 32 (192 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

May 14, 2013

You're a male, stay a male. You're a female, stay a female.   

Yes, it is fun to change up every now and then.  But, they put restrictions on our avatars  when it comes to buying items. Since we have double avatars, double the product 2 for 1.   Just like how they do rewards.

Message 24 of 32 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2998 posts

May 15, 2013

I'm still not sure what the OP is referring to. But I do have multiple accounts, 3 to be exact. One is my main in NA Home, and the second one was also created in NA for the purpose of gifting myself, or if I just don't want to use my main. I also have one for EU Home if I want to get stuff there that you can't in NA. On my main account I do have multiple avatars saved. The reason is sometimes I'm too lazy to go through my wardrobe looking for outfits to wear. So I have them pre-saved. I use the same avatar with the same facial features, but I also wear some costumes that hide the facial features entirely. But it's still the same basic avatar just with different clothes. I do have some female avatars saved but only because sometimes I think a costume looks better as the female version than the male. But its only costumes that you can't tell what the gender is and you would assume it's male. On my second account I use both genders just to fool around and not be anyone in particular. Its just because sometimes I want to let loose on Home and not worry about what anyone thinks about me. :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Message 25 of 32 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
380 posts

May 15, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

You're a male, stay a male. You're a female, stay a female.   

Yes, it is fun to change up every now and then.  But, they put restrictions on our avatars  when it comes to buying items. Since we have double avatars, double the product 2 for 1.   Just like how they do rewards.

You make choices for yourself, stay making choices for yourself.

Yes other people's choices can be creepy on which Gender they play as, but they aren't your choices.

As for that so called restrictions thing I have never seen it & highly doubt Sony has ever restricted people from buying items on PS Home.

Message 26 of 32 (143 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

May 15, 2013

I hav so much cool stuff, I like to change up my looks weekly. There is a base look that I go for frequently and I change the clothes and makeup on that, but at times I choose to look totally different. If I make something I particularly like I save it. I also made some avatars based on characters that I have roleplayed in the past. I usually only use a female avatar because I feel silly being male and having this name. As for seperate accounts, I had some mule accounts that I used to gift myself and I have a EU account I go on occasionally.

Message 27 of 32 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

May 15, 2013
Not what I meant but yeah. Girls like to wear guys clothes, etc. If your male avatar buys something, it should show up in female as well. Like 2 for 1 price.. because some girls, like to wear guys clothing and same as for the female. Its a restriction. You buy certain items for male, it could also be used on females as well and may even look better.
Message 28 of 32 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
222 posts

May 15, 2013

I use different avatars with my main account as personas. I get bored with using my plain boring avi, so I have come up with a few personas to use (no not to troll) SadSac and Grumpy Santa on vacation. With my personas I try my best to only use free items I have amassed on my main account. They amuse me and if others can get a giggle and laugh out of them at my expense great. I also have 3 ps3 that I have accounts for each and it is fun to be in the same space with all three and seeing how others in that space act or react to the different avi's I have there. Granted it can be a pain in the butt going room to room to move and talk with them. In the end I think it comes down to more choices is always better. 

lightning photo tumblr_m9obahTLDP1ra3qoqo1_500_zpsdad312cd.gifthank you BMW
Message 29 of 32 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1195 posts

May 15, 2013

Iced-Tea-Bagger wrote:
I make tons of different avatars, I have all the slots (without plus) full. Sometimes I might want to use a girl avatar and sometimes I might want to be a warewolf knight....or a giant soccerball with a bomberman head. Point is I get bored without variety.

See that's how i do it.  I guess I am too lazy.  I just can't see myself going through the application process each time.  Getting a new email adress, unless I can have all my other accounts on the same email as my Enistachia account then possibly I would make some alt accounts.  I am talking about creating logins, using emails and addresses, and regions.  I knew someone who, every weekend would tell me to add this account, it was their other avatar.  After four weekends in a row adding these alts I decided that it was silly and I would only keep one of the identities.

Message 30 of 32 (83 Views)
0 Likes