Jun 11 2009
By: DeeBG Splicer 49 posts

Please bring voice chat back, include the options to mute users

3 replies 3 views Edited Jun 11, 2009
I really miss being able to talk to people (ala headset) in Home.  The fun of gameplay, esp. with experiences like group missions in Xi has suffered because of it.  I believe the option to mute someone is already in-game (I am at a hotel atm so I can not say for sure), but I know it could be added to Home.  There could also be the option of Mute+Report so you could mute someone breaking the rules, compared to people just yapping.  Please take this note to heart.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

Re: Please bring voice chat back, include the options to mute users

Jun 11, 2009
I believe this option was removed for multiple reasons. Very unlikely we'll see it back. And I hope it stays that way.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (3 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4841 posts

Jun 11, 2009

SYKLOPS wrote:

BPatches701 wrote:
I want open voice chat back more than any other feature in home. There are a lot of people against it due to the idiots out there that abuse it but if you put them aside it's a very good feature that I miss. If someone bothered me I simply muted them and went on my way. I don't see why people complain that they got called names because if you mute and report someone you'll never have a problem with them again so please bring it back the way it was.

Do you honestly think the reason they removed it is because "people complain that they got called names"?

The Voice of *MOD* is speaking--so listen up!

(Also if you see people asking the same redundant thing in other threads, kindly point them here)

SYKLOPS is onto something. The voice/mic chat got removed from the public spaces of Home for various reasons: 

--some for profanity

--some for worse offenses compounded with verbal expression, (srsly?)

--some for legal reasons (not `splainin' more than that, so please don't ask)

--perhaps some even for bandwidth reasons, since some folks' broadband is much broader than others (this I cannot confirm and personally doubt--I'm just Mod Squad)

We are not sure if it's coming back to public spaces, but I personally hope so. I think it makes the experience more enriching and human. That said, you'd never hear my voice anyway, but I love hearing yours.

And it's true, thank you BPatches701, everyone is empowered to mute others. I am a big fan of it. Wouldn't it be great if real life was that easy? Walk down the street, see some sketchy freak who's spouting off about something ridiculous or heinous and *poink!* They're instantly not verbally polluting the world you live in. The same goes for blocking users who are unsavory, uncouth and generally uncool. The mighty power of the Mute is self-empowering, simple and effective. So please continue to submit reports when someone is offensive, but if it's not a huge bother to you, then just mute them.*poink!*

So let's hope it comes back. Meanwhile, enjoy it in your Personal Spaces and Clubhouses. I know I will. Meanwhile, would you all do your part in educating folks on how to Mute or Block people they find offensive? Home is a community and n00bz always need a little help, especially from you oldskool and loyal Users. 

(I nominate the official sound for Mute as *poink!*)

--Glass

--GlassWalls

Message Edited by smack69er on 06-10-2009 08:52 PM
Message Edited by smack69er on 06-10-2009 08:52 PM
♣♦

The Realm Of AnarchY

♠♥
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Jun 11, 2009

poisonedsodapop wrote:
I believe this option was removed for multiple reasons. Very unlikely we'll see it back. And I hope it stays that way.

Hate to rain on your parade but...  LINK

Just a helpful hint for whenever it comes back, if you don't want to hear it at all go to Select -> Communication Settings -> Voice -> Disable, but there should be some more robust tools by then to help against griefers so I'd say at least give it a try when it comes back.

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (3 Views)