PlayStation MVP
4546 posts

Re: Playstation home ruined my life

Jun 4, 2013

BigBoss1891 wrote:
Hello people. Most of you have probably seen me in the past running around on home (bigboss1891) I came on home in April of 2009. And in my time on Home I've made friends and lost pretty much everything just trying to have fun. When I started I was probably like everyone else their first time seeing home. Asking questions and following people around. I was quick to make friends... some I still talk to and some I wish would just vanish. I can't tell you how much time and money I have put into my home life...But it is ridiculous. And it all went straight to hell thanks to one individual. Who basically turned everyone against me...people I would call family. I've learned to Not let people close to me because of this. And given up my home life.

Never give up on home because of something someone did, you have to get through it. There is more people out there.....

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 31 of 42 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6880 posts

Jun 4, 2013

BigBoss1891 wrote:
Hello people. Most of you have probably seen me in the past running around on home (bigboss1891) I came on home in April of 2009. And in my time on Home I've made friends and lost pretty much everything just trying to have fun. When I started I was probably like everyone else their first time seeing home. Asking questions and following people around. I was quick to make friends... some I still talk to and some I wish would just vanish. I can't tell you how much time and money I have put into my home life...But it is ridiculous. And it all went straight to hell thanks to :smileysurprised:one individual. Who basically turned everyone against me:smileysurprised:...people I would call family. I've learned to Not let people close to me because of this. And given up my home life.

Could you do me a favor? Could you give that "One individual" my name? My friends list is full. I don't want to delete anybody. That "One Individual" could say bad things about me to everybody on my friends list. Then my true friends would stay and my fake friends would delete me. I think that I would have 15 people on my friends list instead of 99 people.

There are some people that have been on my friends list for years. "One Individual" could tell me that they "Once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die". And I would still want to be their friend. :smileyvery-happy:

six-million-dollar-o.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 32 of 42 (495 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Honestly... It's Home. I've been on PSN for all of 3 months and Home for two. My circle of friends has changed at least 4 times already.

The more you talk to people, the more you learn about them. Some people you will like what you learn, others you may well part ways.

Sometimes it's simply just a matter of time itself. If you don't see each other very much you drift apart.

People change. Situations change. LIFE changes. All you can do is go with it and work towards the best outcome instead of the worst.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 33 of 42 (411 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3682 posts

Jun 4, 2013
I don't know what's more concerning - the fact this person has to contemplate Home has ruined their life or that there's an army of minions here telling him not to quit a habit they can't do in moderation.

OP, Home is good in small doses as are the individuals on it. Form some new contacts on there, but don't let it become your life. Just log on now and again and enjoy the basics. A mistake many do is staying on for long periods "waiting for something to happen". There's plenty of things happening away from Home. Don't get caught in that limbo or dependency on other users in Home, it'll be the end of you. :smileyhappy:

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 34 of 42 (405 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1399 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Ill be your friend...and I'm awesome !!
Message 35 of 42 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Jun 4, 2013

There's worse happening on other mmo's, years ago I watched from the inside as an org/guild/clan leader went down in some other mmo taking at least 1 other person with him, all the other members myself included were forced to refugee to some other org/guild/clan -rely on each other for support & hope that anyone we ever teamed with would remember us as good to team with, or good players in general.

In other mmo's it's easy to get blacklisted from many social events, home is different depending on what you're doing, most of the time when active around friends, if you can mic up it helps sort some things out. At least with home you don't have to worry about people deleting your stuff if you get hacked, I've heard of others on other games get their stuff deleted or resold because they wanted a little extra ingame & fell for a scam, maybe the money they put into it & lost was part of it, but many times it takes a lot of time & effort to get neat-cool-awesome things.

Other people in this thread have had some good advice as well, just reinvent your home life, it couldn't be that bad unless you were reported often or are trolling.

Message 36 of 42 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jun 4, 2013

You know,bigboss, who ever that" one person" is, they are winning, they are getting just what they want out of you. They made you their prisioner, so everytime you see them now, you feel bad. I  try to ignore people like that and go on, that is what blocking is for

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 37 of 42 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

U only need friends on ur list like i do...     And they are?

(Me, Myself, And I,)  Yep those are the only three friends u ever need on PSN or Home! 

And i been on Home since Feb 2009 and it's always been that way....

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 38 of 42 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Jun 4, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:
 . . . OP, Home is good in small doses as are the individuals on it. . . .

Small doses. So true. It's this wacky forum that so compelling.  :smileyhappy:

Message 39 of 42 (340 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1206 posts

Jun 4, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

boobinz wrote:

Welcome Back Max!..Good to see ya..sorry for the off topic post..:smileywink:

You ever heard of something called PM.  Since you are mvp how about trying to set an example?

"Shut it"

Sincerely

-The community

Message 40 of 42 (344 Views)