Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1300 posts

Re: Playstation Home "dating"

Feb 16, 2012

This seems appropriate.

I just cannot take dating on Home seriously.  Don't get me wrong-- Home is a great place to meet people. But choosing to date someone through a gaming console is not my idea of a "relationship".

The only logical answer is to meet up, get to know the person in real life, and go from there.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 106 (247 Views)
Sackboy
598 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Iady-cha0s- wrote:

I just cannot take dating on Home seriously.  Don't get me wrong-- Home is a great place to meet people. But choosing to date someone through a gaming console is not my idea of a "relationship".

The only logical answer is to meet up, get to know the person in real life, and go from there.

Uncharted_Banner

Thanks for linking that music vid!  I missed that one completely.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 106 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Feb 16, 2012

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lady_chaos!!!!! OMG SOMEONE ACTUALLY AGREES WITH ME HERE!!!!! THANK YOU SO VERY FREAKING MUCH!!! *HIGH FEAKING FIVE*

i met my fiancee on home 3 yrs ago but at that time home wasnt even a stupid dating service, now its everywhere and it ticks me off! its like everyone is following monkeys, if someone is in success in a relationship there, they think they will too. BULL!!!! BULL BULL BULL!!! just like u said, go out and find soneone in real life IN REAL LIFE!!!!!!

ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD PPLE TO GO OUT OF UR HOUSES AND FIND SOMEONE IN SCHOOL OR WHEN UR IN STARBUCKS! I MEAN COME ON!!!! WAKE UP!.

and if u see a stupid couple cuddling in public spaces, U KNOW IT AINT REAL!!!! IF IT WAS REAL, U WOULDN'T BE SHOWING IT OFF SO FREAKING OBVIOUS. me and my fiance NEVER DO THAT monstrosity, its for PERSONAL SPACES NOT FREAKING PUBLIC IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM!!! u know they just want the attenion and they love itPlayStation®Home Picture 2-11-2012 10-22-02.jpg<------do u think that is a real relationship???? HELL FREAKING NO! point shown and done. and thats what the majority of home is. thats ur dating. do u guys like seeing this? i dont think so. i took this pic bc it was too much for the young pple on home and i had to show it to the representives at lockwood.

im sorry for the caps and shouting but im just so freaking happy that u agreed, thank u again. *Big HUGE HUGS*

tell everyone else on here, who thinks its ok. AND this other person telling me i was "complaining"

again, thank u for what u said. it proves our point.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 106 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Feb 17, 2012

purpledreams82 wrote:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lady_chaos!!!!! OMG SOMEONE ACTUALLY AGREES WITH ME HERE!!!!! THANK YOU SO VERY FREAKING MUCH!!! *HIGH FEAKING FIVE*

i met my fiancee on home 3 yrs ago but at that time home wasnt even a stupid dating service, now its everywhere and it ticks me off! its like everyone is following monkeys, if someone is in success in a relationship there, they think they will too. BULL!!!! BULL BULL BULL!!! just like u said, go out and find soneone in real life IN REAL LIFE!!!!!!

ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD PPLE TO GO OUT OF UR HOUSES AND FIND SOMEONE IN SCHOOL OR WHEN UR IN STARBUCKS! I MEAN COME ON!!!! WAKE UP!.........

yeah i agree with you there and lady chaos. It just does not real to me. I prefer to be able to touch my lady haha. But some people just have very low confidence and ps home takes a lot of the pressure off of them. Its like what someone else on his thread said. you should be just as careful on ps home if not more like it was reality.

The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning.
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 106 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1520 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I'm not sure why it's nescessary to worry about what other people are doing? If you think they are wrong, let them be wrong. It's their choice.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 106 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5291 posts

Feb 17, 2012

No, no, no, Brises. This is America. If someone doesn't like something, we have to ban it.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 106 (247 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Feb 17, 2012

The only "point" it proves is that some people are FAR to concerned about other people's business on Home, when they should focus more on their own experiences, rather than trying to dictate the experiences of others...

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 106 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Why is it any of your concern how someone goes about dating another? Just because you live somewhere, that doesn't mean you're limited to only people there.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 106 (247 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I find this subject interesting for a few reasons.  What made me start thinking about it is several recent "date" requests from people I have met on psh.  It's not really something I had thought about before, just last week I got "asked out" by several dudes and I wonder if it's a big deal to have a PSH "girlfriend"? Of course I know it's all for fun, but I really think this is where social-networking/online dating is heading in the future.  For now I think it's kinda cute, I kinda enjoy being swarmed by boys vying for my attention!

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 106 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Feb 17, 2012

The Guild - Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?

The redhead is pretty hot. Do you know his/her PSN ID? 

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 106 (247 Views)
0 Likes