Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 14 2012
By: XenothXIII Lombax Warrior 199 posts

Playstation Home "dating"

105 replies 2006 views Edited Feb 14, 2012

One of the things I'd like to bring into view is people actually dating through PS home. I personally think its kinda creepy and weird. But I'd like other peoples views on it. I dont like it because things become complicated. Also its a perfect place for predators. I'm not saying its all bad because if you meet a legitiment person on here things could go right. I've met some awesome people on home and other places too. But I'm just not cool with dating through a gaming console. Your never actually with someone, you cant really go out anywhere. What do you guys think about this stuff? 

The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 106 (2,006 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1114 posts

Re: Playstation Home "dating"

Feb 14, 2012

Nothing wrong or creepy "Dating on a game console."

You and another person hang out and roam around Home enjoying activities together.

You can go bowling, or ride the ferris wheel or chase orbs or other activites, as you chat and hang out together...

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 106 (2,006 Views)
Gaming Beast
1961 posts

Feb 14, 2012

Your new to home, aren't you? These things happen all the time on the internet and real life, especially on Home. Creeps and desperate people are everywhere and can't be avoided, but thank goodness for the friend request block, ignore, and mute feature on Home and the XMB.

sword-art-online
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 106 (2,006 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29179 posts

Feb 14, 2012

I know a number of couples on home. They have fun together. Home is a social sevice and in any social setting people meet each other and develop relationships.

One needs to use judgement online as does one in the real world. Just have fun. Meet and spend time with people you have things in common with and enjoy being with.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 106 (2,006 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Feb 14, 2012

Personally, not for me and not something I would adventure into.

If I'm going to date, then I make sure I can actually connect eye to eye to the person..not avi to avi.

But to each their own, and it does work for some people.

If they take it in a mature way, and realize if they get serious..then they should perhaps later on move the relationship outside of the game.

Best advice would be to tell anyone start out as friends, and if you would like to date that person..try meeting them in real life first, and then think about it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 106 (2,006 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Feb 14, 2012

It depends on who you are as a person.  If you are ok with it and you don't go overboard and violate T.O.S. then do you.  Many people have found love on home whole others have had home tear them apart. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 106 (2,006 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Feb 14, 2012

actually im not new to home, ive been around since....the original central plaza, i only bring itup because things like this are interesting to talk about

The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 106 (2,006 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Feb 14, 2012

I know a lot of Home couples and most are happy with their relationships. Some of them have met each other in real life and one couple I know are planning to get married soon.

Personally I'm not into virtual relationships because I need the human touch, but I don't find them to be weird or creepy.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 106 (2,004 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1783 posts

Feb 14, 2012

I think that if people are looking for a "real" relationship through a virtual community, they need to be very very carefull what they are doing. I have heard that some people have made it work that way, but most people I know simply keep their online relarionships a fun fantacy and never intend to make them real. The beauty of it is that's it's a mater of personal choice and nobody "has" to do it.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 106 (2,004 Views)
VP of Gaming
25816 posts

Feb 14, 2012

Home has been around for a while and this topic has been discussed over and over. Therefore it's nothing new.

Whatever people choose to do is up to them. And if they take into consideration their own well being and safety, there should be no issue.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 106 (2,004 Views)
0 Likes