Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Re: Playstation Home Presents.. Home Challenges

Nov 1, 2013

Jem__is_my__Name wrote:

Based off the description, each time you reach a new tier, you can choose one reward from the current tier and one reward from the previous tier (if available).

If you complete all the tiers in a season, you will unlock all the rewards.

Tempest?  Can we get some clarification on the reward unlock structure, please -- 

According to Jem's reading, let's assume we ALWAYS pick the maximum number of rewards permitted, each time we level up.  Then the only way to get the third (the remaining) Tier 2 reward would be to unlock the top Tier 4 Apartment, right?

Unless the whole thing is based on points and each reward level is worth a set number of points.

I think I need an answer ASAP because I haven't selected my first Level 1 item yet.  I'm afraid of levelling up again and finding my choice selection got restricted because I failed to choose my first reward at the previous level.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 223 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 1, 2013

SCEE wrote:

Rewards

Each new season there will be a new set of rewards for you to collect. The rewards on offer will be exclusive to Home Challenges and completing Home Challenges will be the only way to earn all of those rewards. Every time you level-up you will unlock more rewards to collect.

By reaching the top level you will be able to collect all of the rewards on offer that season!

Jem!

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 223 (346 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Nov 1, 2013

I saw that part from the start, Jem.  I want to know exactly WHEN and at what level each actual item becomes available as a selectable reward.

What if you're going on a prolonged leave, and you already know you won't be able to unlock the top tier?

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 223 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

Edisen wrote:

I saw that part from the start, Jem.  I want to know exactly WHEN and at what level each actual item becomes available as a selectable reward.

What if you're going on a prolonged leave, and you already know you won't be able to unlock the top tier?

Level 1 to Level 2, when you reach 2 you can pick a reward from the level 1 group 

Level 2 to Level 3, when you reach 3 you can pick a reward from the level 2 group AND another reward from the level 1 group (One of the two you didnt choose to begin with). And so on and so forth

Where are you going for the next 40 days? :smileyfrustrated:

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 223 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Each time you level up, you may unlock an item from the new tier as well as the previous tier(s).

The second tier unlocks at level 3. Presume the third tier unlocks at level 4.

Just pick one already.

Jem!

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 223 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5290 posts

Nov 1, 2013

If you choose Challenges directly from the menu, it will load you into the Charms game, rather than the space.

Give it a try. Charms worked perfeclty for me last night. I did have the same problem as others with Book Herding.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 223 (284 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4005 posts

Nov 1, 2013
Hopps: That's what Charms has looked like for me too, since the first day the space launched.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 223 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2271 posts

Nov 1, 2013

I'm going to take a guess and say that...

Level 1 - Level 2 = Tier 1 rewards

Level 2 - Level 3 = Tier 1 & 2 rewards

Level 3 - Level 4 = Tier 1 & 2 & 3 rewards

Level 4 - Level 5 = Tier 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 rewards 

Level 5 = Tiers 1 - 5 until the next level up.

So basically if I still need a reward from tier 1 leveling up to level 6 I'll be able to get the reward(s) I didn't choose.

い わs へれ 

ーそうly 
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 223 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Soulycon wrote:

I'm going to take a guess and say that...

Level 1 - Level 2 = Tier 1 rewards

Level 2 - Level 3 = Tier 1 & 2 rewards

Level 3 - Level 4 = Tier 1 & 2 & 3 rewards

Level 4 - Level 5 = Tier 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 rewards 

Level 5 = Tiers 1 - 5 until the next level up.

So basically if I still need a reward from tier 1 leveling up to level 6 I'll be able to get the reward(s) I didn't choose.

Hey.  That particular unlock pattern is exactly what I was refering to when I stated: "let's assume we ALWAYS pick the maximum number of rewards permitted, each time we level up.  Then the only way to get the third (the remaining) Tier 2 reward would be to unlock the top Tier 4 Apartment "

I just hope this reward structure was properly Q.A'ed  for people who weren't planning on choosing anything except the Apartment, then around Tier 3 they finally decide to pick a Tier 1 reward.  I've already decided my choice... but believe me, there's going to be a whole whack of people who'll be so-so on some of the low level ones. lol

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 223 (254 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4322 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Souly's close to right, except that final rank is 1xT4, 1xT3, 1xT2.  The rest of that tree is correct.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 223 (244 Views)