Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 31 2007
By: Ohboyflip Splicer 59 posts

Playstation 3 Acheivements

14 replies 11 views Edited Mar 31, 2007
Do you think we (playstation 3 gamers) will have to wait till HOME comes out to find out what the acheivements are for the games?  And will there be PS2 acheivements for PS2 games released after HOME?  Hopefully durning the HOME beta the acheievements for the games already out will be revealed.   I would want to know what they are so when HOME comes out I will already have a decent start of a nice trophy collection.  Wouldn't you?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2512 posts

Re: Playstation 3 Acheivements

Mar 31, 2007
STOP! STOP! STOP! Stop calling them acheivements!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Mar 31, 2007
Yes, trophies are the achievement revolution. The Hall of Fame will blow everyone  away
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1555 posts

Mar 31, 2007

aguba wrote:

Thank you, I hate when peopel call them Achievments. Its like when your paretns say "Are you playing Nintendo?"
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Mar 31, 2007

Navarro wrote:
Do you think we (playstation 3 gamers) will have to wait till HOME comes out to find out what the acheivements are for the games?  And will there be PS2 acheivements for PS2 games released after HOME?  Hopefully durning the HOME beta the acheievements for the games already out will be revealed.   I would want to know what they are so when HOME comes out I will already have a decent start of a nice trophy collection.  Wouldn't you?

Yes, in most cases you will find out what achievements/trophies you have to get after getting the game and actually completing the actual goal. I seriously doubt that PS2 will have games that would incorporate Home's qualities as it would be useless space on the PS2 which some gamers will still be using the PS2 at the time.

reson8er wrote:

aguba wrote:

Thank you, I hate when peopel call them Achievments. Its like when your paretns say "Are you playing Nintendo?"

Come on really does that irratate you that bad, that doesn't even make sense provide that they are achievements, thats what they are, just because they are trophies, they should be name trophies I doubt it, the name is interchangable, in my opinion, and there is no real reason to say stop calling them achievements because again thats what they are.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3640 posts

Apr 1, 2007

reson8er wrote:

aguba wrote:

Come on really does that irratate you that bad, that doesn't even make sense provide that they are achievements, thats what they are, just because they are trophies, they should be name trophies I doubt it, the name is interchangable, in my opinion, and there is no real reason to say stop calling them achievements because again thats what they are.

You know, because you can call the PS3 an Xbox 360 or Nintendo also. It really is that aggrivating, its not Achievments, its Trophies or whatever Sony is calling it, yes it is an achievment, but the system is not called Achievments. Just like its not a gamertag, that one really gets me annoyed, stop calling it a god damn gamertag.

Do not peel an Orange with a knife.
I've always got my flamesuit on.
3000th post made on 07-25-2009 08:42 PM
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? 47.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2512 posts

Apr 1, 2007

Whitey6 wrote:

reson8er wrote:

aguba wrote:

You know, because you can call the PS3 an Xbox 360 or Nintendo also. It really is that aggrivating, its not Achievments, its Trophies or whatever Sony is calling it, yes it is an achievment, but the system is not called Achievments. Just like its not a gamertag, that one really gets me annoyed, stop calling it a god damn gamertag.

Amen.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10063 posts

Apr 1, 2007

Whitey6 wrote:

reson8er wrote:

aguba wrote:

The first statement is irrevalent, doesn't prove a thing, and its not a very good example especially for what you are trying to defend. Now as far as Xbox's Acheivements and PS3 Trophies, they are both the same thing so therefore its a trophy/acheivement, doesn't matter what you call it, if its the same thing and has two names it can be called by either one, it doesn't matter, now I got the question if you don't like it why respond, there would be no reason to, especially since you didn't even stay on topic. The last thing is random "Gamertag" no one said anything about a gamertag so I definitely don't know where this came from, and as I said above what does it matter what its called (Both Gamertag and Achievements/trophies) that is just basically a useless way to complain for no apparent reason.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Apr 1, 2007
Arguing semantics is pointless. Call them stylized hi-scores if you want to, it's all the same crap.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Apr 1, 2007
i dont get mad when they say achievements, but there is a difference between an achievement and a trophy...its that simple.  On the XBL you get points for achievements, on the PSN we will get trophies for achieving things, so in a way it is a similar reward system, but still trophies are much cooler than points!!! hey you guys seen my special edition Hale trophy for beating resistance on hard?  Sounds much better than, i got fifty points for beating resistance on hard, at least IMO, i like the idea of trophies, much more interactive...,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (11 Views)
0 Likes