Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
3281 posts

Re: Inspect Approval

Oct 11, 2013

Your_Empress wrote:

Jason1802128 wrote:

There is a simple solution.  If you don't want to be copied or inspected just wear stuff that is not available in public.  Luckily for me some of my favorite old clothing is just no longer available.  On a side not one can only wonder how many "extra" sales sony has made with player inspect since it has been implemented.

Good point, as I said earlier, I have no problem with doing trades of wardrobe between friends.

I don't see where that got lost in this.

There's a lot of reward items available from past events or gift machines that are rather nice and not available through player inspect.

I'm discovering items that I forgot I even had.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 31 of 70 (533 Views)
Uncharted Territory
844 posts

Oct 11, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

I think it's safe to say. Pretty much everyone knew what was coming with the release of this new feature.

I definitely don't see Sony changing anything any time soon since money is now being made on items that were no longer available normally through the store.

Like our privacy settings or the new profile trophy block settings. I'm sure a player inspection block feature would be very welcomed by folks. I just don't see Sony implementing it.:womanhappy:

It's a Home related thing hon. It isn't related to PSN. So you r completely right, i don't see them changing it either. But it would be nice to hear from more people here about Player Inspect, verses just those who state their displeasure with it within PS Home.

I feel this way about it, and I am *not* alone in this, myself and others would like to see Player Inspect improved, especially relating to what was stated as once, exclusive to E3.

Yes it can b hacked at any time, I understand that. Smh, but one of the reasons I have played PS Home n not left already is because everything cant b 'copybotted' like it can elsewhere online. not without sincere effort anyway. The Chamber apartment is a fine example.

How about we give away the Chamber Apartment to everyone now?

Since being loyal to Home doesn't matter, only the last cent rolling matters? Hmmm?

How about about private stock options? We put $5 grand towards PS Home (all at once, not payments) and own everything that was ever made, at least 400 of us dedicated Home users from NA and EU, that's 2 million on the spot for Sony.

Now would you do that, if you really didn't need 5 grand for anything else? Why? Why not?

I feel like what so many others *here* have said, I feel like that now.

They don't care about us n they def do not care about how we feel.

Message 32 of 70 (528 Views)
VP of Gaming
25945 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Conrad, you of all people should know that the Community Manager, Tempest_Fire made it quite clear that starting way back in July that suggestions for the service (functionality of Home) are no longer allowed in the Monthly Suggestions thread, only suggestions for new content.them.

Either way, it certainly wouldn't hurt to make the suggestion. This thread will slip away, but an official suggestion thread will always be around.

But let's not derail the discussion. Let's try to stay on topic: Player Inspect *Purchase* Option.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 33 of 70 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
440 posts

Re: Player Inspect *Purchase* Option, to turn it ON or OFF [Edited]

Oct 11, 2013

no need for this anymoretheres no use for it since inspect been out awhile now, i say keep itthe way it is xD

Message 34 of 70 (519 Views)
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

(Sticky fingers make me double post)

Message 35 of 70 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

Hello friends,

I am a greenhorn on the Sony Playstation Home so terminologies and intricacies are foreign to me. Please offer forgiveness and kindness for my ignorance.

But what is this "Player Inspect?" Does this feature allow me to inspect users on the Sony Playstation Home and see beneath their clothing? Of course to be PG, underwear would be required on the avatar people. I enjoy that feature.

Please help me out. I would make much use of inspecting avatar people on the Sony Playstation Home.

Peace.

Obdule

Message 36 of 70 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Oct 11, 2013

^ Dude, you're right on the money. Have at it sir.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 37 of 70 (482 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1723 posts

Oct 11, 2013

ObduleMuammar wrote:

Hello friends,

I am a greenhorn on the Sony Playstation Home so terminologies and intricacies are foreign to me. Please offer forgiveness and kindness for my ignorance.

But what is this "Player Inspect?" Does this feature allow me to inspect users on the Sony Playstation Home and see beneath their clothing? Of course to be PG, underwear would be required on the avatar people. I enjoy that feature.

Please help me out. I would make much use of inspecting avatar people on the Sony Playstation Home.

Peace.

Obdule

THIS!

what!

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 38 of 70 (425 Views)
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Oct 11, 2013
My 2 cents on the matter is I think it works perfectly as it is heck I'd like them to upgrade it so rewards are also purchasable for a price

The people complaining and wanting blocks on it and "options" I ask u this is someone inspecting u and purchasing content be it regular or exclusive hurting u in any way shape or form? No its not heck I bet u have been inspected hundreds of times and u never knew it and the getting exclusive stuff? 99% of it is under rewards so yea not happening the 1% that's not is making the companies money so why would u think they would stop that? Plus again not hurting u at all so wat afew more people ave a cool new item its home ur not likely to see most of them again anyway

To sum it up inspect is good could be better but its great as us and those stingy people complaining need to get a life or go buy the super mega delux expendive stuff no one wants just so u can pretend tobe better than everyone else
Message 39 of 70 (408 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2850 posts

Oct 11, 2013

U2crazy4me wrote:

Ummm NO... Sony has no legal rights to anything IREM, not sure were you even came up with that. The only group that has ONLY and ALL legal rights to IREM's IP's (Intellectual Property) is GZ not Sony. Which is why your point of why don't they just bring back the IREM store even more off base, 1: cause its a company that went bankrupt and no longer exists as IREM for HOME and 2: cause Sony has no rights to do so..

On the note of exclusive items, they never really existed on HOME in the first place as far as Paid items go. By definition something that is exclusive is something that only and limited number of said item was even made available, as in there were ONLY 1 of 10 or even 1 of 100 pieces of an item for people to acquire. Something that is available for everyone to buy in a public space is not exclusive.. And in your example of using the E3 Lockwood item it ONLY means that it was exclusive to that event, not to how many were available for sale or limited to how many people could purchase it..

:^/ Actually, that would all depend upon the terms of the contract between Sony and IREM, and we don't have a copy to peruse through. However, I'll point out that it's very common for contracts to have terms that address the possibility that one partner may go bankrupt, and what would happen in that situation.  I strongly suspect that their contract gives Sony the Intellectual Property rights to IREM's virtual wares, and that sales via Player Inspect are perfectly legal.

As for GranZella owning IREM's old IP, I have read that many ex-IREM employees are now working for GranZella, but that does not give the IP to GZ, as IREM's old crew never owned the IP to the products they created. Instead, their work was work for hire, and the IP belonged to the IREM company, which had contracted with Sony.

At least, that's my take. It's how such contracts are usually worded.

Message 40 of 70 (398 Views)