Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/07/2009
Online
4329 posts
 

Re: Player Inspect *Purchase* Option, to turn it ON or OFF [Edited]

Oct 11, 2013
skull-_-kandy is quite right, we don't own our avatars, their likenesses, or anything they wear. Our avatar's clothing is owned by the devs who created it. All we have purchased a a license to use it for as long as Home is up. Since we don't own it, we really can't control who else buys it, or how.


Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 70 (348 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/20/2008
Online
606 posts
 

Re: Inspect Approval

Oct 11, 2013

I LOVE the player inspect cause if there are items that you wanted to purchase than going thru the store and hunting down for a item that you like it makes it easier to purchase it allot more quicker. I dunno about some ppl but going thru the store and getting items takes a while for me at least about 5 mins just to download my purchase. This is so much faster and allot more easier for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 70 (347 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/07/2012
Offline
844 posts
 

Re: Inspect Approval

Oct 11, 2013

LittleTortuga wrote:

Your_Empress wrote:

LegoFire wrote:
I personally think the idea of "Inspect Approval" is unnecessary.

Player Inspect was added as a feature so users could easily determine what content another user is utilizing and purchase the item(s).

Before "Player Inspect" had arrived, a large amount of users would often not allow others to know where the content they contained was from upon someone asking. I'm sure if we had an approval system it would be the same thing all over again, these same users would do the same thing and the deny rate would probably be large, ruining the purpose of why Player Inspect is here in the first place.
(To inspect content)

Also, I don't see Sony doing this because it honestly does assist in making progressive sales easier with the feature. To deny users to purchase what they'd like is most likely not in their regards.

They can still find the item if they can read.

 

This also promotes educated users within Playstation Home, and not young children (under 13).

 

As of right now a child could run up to a scantily clad female avatar n clone it. But if they were required to read?

 

Control of the *purchase* option in Player Inspect by the person being inspected, is what I am addressing here.

 

All the information about where it came from can be used to go in a store and get it, that's still part of Player Inspect.

 

The old stores were removed for a reason, I suppose it costs to much for Sony to erase those prices. I'm sure you will get your wish and player inspect will have absolutely no changes to it. But not everybody feels it is fine the way it is.

 

So I will clarify this thread:

 

Sony, please give all of us the control of the *purchase* option in Player Inspect before being inspected.

 


So, you just want to control the way other people choose to spend their hard earned cash? :smileyindifferent:


This is what I was told in the store by Lockwood:

 

"Exclusive to E3" I bought it then because I liked it *and* the fact that it was exclusive.

 

Now this along with ISE makes virtually nothing special in Playstatiuon Home.

 

I want what I was told about exclusive items to remain the same as before.

 

And if they are going to let us purchase IREM items, why not bring back the IREM store?

 

Yes I know it costs too much. As usual profit over people. That only works for so long, let the trolling begin!

 

By the TOS this is all fine and dandy, basically it says: SCE reserves the right to make any changes to the Beta program at any time, with or without notice to you. n I'm sure calling something exclusive in print then changing that written fact afterwards, not only for those who bought it, but also for the developer *who stated it*. That's all ok too. But I don't have to like it.

 

Just like how I can go and buy a Steam Box and say goodbye to PSN. Well that won't happen because of the friends I have made here. But I still don't have to like this and having no individuality in our avatars is what you prefer, well k fine, but that's the point I'm getting at here. And you would still have the option to get everything currently available, n maybe even including IREM (when a friend has the purchase option turned ON).

 

I'm not telling anybody what to do with their money. Don't twist what I wrote please.

 

I'm asking that *Exclusive* still means *Exclusive*, thats part of why people got those items. Now it's a lie. Sony took over IREM content legally?, so yes, that won't change I suppose.

 

 

 


Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 70 (339 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/07/2012
Offline
844 posts
 

Re: Inspect Approval

Oct 11, 2013

Jason1802128 wrote:

There is a simple solution.  If you don't want to be copied or inspected just wear stuff that is not available in public.  Luckily for me some of my favorite old clothing is just no longer available.  On a side not one can only wonder how many "extra" sales sony has made with player inspect since it has been implemented.


Good point, as I said earlier, I have no problem with doing trades of wardrobe between friends.

 

I don't see where that got lost in this.

 


Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 70 (337 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/07/2012
Offline
844 posts
 

Re: Inspect Approval

Oct 11, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Your_Empress wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Having peoples approval would defeat the purpose of player inspect, which is to be able to attain items that you like that other players may be wearing without having to bother them or get trolled by doing so.  Lets face it, Sony is a business and businesses want to make money RIGHT?  So I don't see them changing player inspect any time soon if at all. 


I completely agree.

 

We also have the option to not play Playstation Home.

 

There's nothing wrong with what I am asking of Sony here. It cost to implement Player Inspect, it would cost to modify it. It also costs to lose people because of it.

 

But like I said before, I'm sure you are right. They won't change it.

 

So no worries on your part, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

 


Remember the *Exclusive* items to E3 2013 by Lockwood?

 

Not exclusive anymore, are they? That isn't misleading?

 

I seriously do not believe that Sony is finished with tweaking Player Inspect. If they are, I would be quite surprised.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So you would leave Home just because you dont want to share?  Rather selfish thinking IMO, what about spending time with your friends?  I guess you would have to explain how you will no longer use Home because of Player Inspect its been nice knowing ya!

 

So E3 items are not exclusive anymore, neither are the items in x7, you cant imagine how many people I told to inspect me for the shrink potion before it was out for sale to the public and you d be surprised how many people I gifted in acorn meadows so that they could receive the small present LMO.  

 

I understand where your coming from, but you asked for peoples options, so there you have it and IMO something like this should not sway you from enjoying Home and time with your friends.  At the end of the day if and when Home shuts down, it wont matter how many rare items you have in your collection, only the friendships you have built.


While you were writing that. I was writing this. Not reading through every reply to each post. No I didn't write it here in this thread before you, but I care about my friends on PSN n I have stated that before many times.

 

If I didn't care I wouldn't post here. I would already have left Playstation Home.

 

Ready to jump on me aren't you? Round two. Let's go.

 

from earlier while you were writing that: Just like how I can go and buy a Steam Box and say goodbye to PSN. Well that won't happen because of the friends I have made here. But I still don't have to like this and having no individuality in our avatars is what you prefer, well k fine, but that's the point I'm getting at here. And you would still have the option to get everything currently available, n maybe even including IREM (when a friend has the purchase option turned ON).

 

 


Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 70 (328 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2011
Offline
3196 posts
 

Re: Inspect Approval

Oct 11, 2013

I think it's safe to say. Pretty much everyone knew what was coming with the release of this new feature.

 

I definitely don't see Sony changing anything any time soon since money is now being made on items that were no longer available normally through the store.

 

Like our privacy settings or the new profile trophy block settings. I'm sure a player inspection block feature would be very welcomed by folks. I just don't see Sony implementing it.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 70 (321 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 01/14/2010
Offline
359 posts
 

Re: Inspect Approval

Oct 11, 2013

Your_Empress wrote:

LittleTortuga wrote:

Your_Empress wrote:

LegoFire wrote:
I personally think the idea of "Inspect Approval" is unnecessary.

Player Inspect was added as a feature so users could easily determine what content another user is utilizing and purchase the item(s).

Before "Player Inspect" had arrived, a large amount of users would often not allow others to know where the content they contained was from upon someone asking. I'm sure if we had an approval system it would be the same thing all over again, these same users would do the same thing and the deny rate would probably be large, ruining the purpose of why Player Inspect is here in the first place.
(To inspect content)

Also, I don't see Sony doing this because it honestly does assist in making progressive sales easier with the feature. To deny users to purchase what they'd like is most likely not in their regards.

They can still find the item if they can read.

 

This also promotes educated users within Playstation Home, and not young children (under 13).

 

As of right now a child could run up to a scantily clad female avatar n clone it. But if they were required to read?

 

Control of the *purchase* option in Player Inspect by the person being inspected, is what I am addressing here.

 

All the information about where it came from can be used to go in a store and get it, that's still part of Player Inspect.

 

The old stores were removed for a reason, I suppose it costs to much for Sony to erase those prices. I'm sure you will get your wish and player inspect will have absolutely no changes to it. But not everybody feels it is fine the way it is.

 

So I will clarify this thread:

 

Sony, please give all of us the control of the *purchase* option in Player Inspect before being inspected.

 


So, you just want to control the way other people choose to spend their hard earned cash? :smileyindifferent:


This is what I was told in the store by Lockwood:

 

"Exclusive to E3" I bought it then because I liked it *and* the fact that it was exclusive.

 

Now this along with ISE makes virtually nothing special in Playstatiuon Home.

 

I want what I was told about exclusive items to remain the same as before.

 

And if they are going to let us purchase IREM items, why not bring back the IREM store?

 

Yes I know it costs too much. As usual profit over people. That only works for so long, let the trolling begin!

 

By the TOS this is all fine and dandy, basically it says: SCE reserves the right to make any changes to the Beta program at any time, with or without notice to you. n I'm sure calling something exclusive in print then changing that written fact afterwards, not only for those who bought it, but also for the developer *who stated it*. That's all ok too. But I don't have to like it.

 

Just like how I can go and buy a Steam Box and say goodbye to PSN. Well that won't happen because of the friends I have made here. But I still don't have to like this and having no individuality in our avatars is what you prefer, well k fine, but that's the point I'm getting at here. And you would still have the option to get everything currently available, n maybe even including IREM (when a friend has the purchase option turned ON).

 

I'm not telling anybody what to do with their money. Don't twist what I wrote please.

 

I'm asking that *Exclusive* still means *Exclusive*, thats part of why people got those items. Now it's a lie. Sony took over IREM content legally?, so yes, that won't change I suppose.

 

 

 


 Ummm NO... Sony has no legal rights to anything IREM, not sure were you even came up with that. The only group that has ONLY and ALL legal rights to IREM's IP's (Intellectual Property) is GZ not Sony. Which is why your point of why don't they just bring back the IREM store even more off base, 1: cause its a company that went bankrupt and no longer exists as IREM for HOME and 2: cause Sony has no rights to do so..

 On the note of exclusive items, they never really existed on HOME in the first place as far as Paid items go. By definition something that is exclusive is something that only and limited number of said item was even made available, as in there were ONLY 1 of 10 or even 1 of 100 pieces of an item for people to acquire. Something that is available for everyone to buy in a public space is not exclusive.. And in your example of using the E3 Lockwood item it ONLY means that it was exclusive to that event, not to how many were available for sale or limited to how many people could purchase it..


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 70 (312 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2011
Offline
694 posts
 

Re: Inspect Approval

Oct 11, 2013

Your_Empress wrote:

LittleTortuga wrote:

Your_Empress wrote:

LegoFire wrote:
*Snip*

They can still find the item if they can read.

 

This also promotes educated users within Playstation Home, and not young children (under 13).

 

As of right now a child could run up to a scantily clad female avatar n clone it. But if they were required to read?

 

Control of the *purchase* option in Player Inspect by the person being inspected, is what I am addressing here.

 

All the information about where it came from can be used to go in a store and get it, that's still part of Player Inspect.

 

The old stores were removed for a reason, I suppose it costs to much for Sony to erase those prices. I'm sure you will get your wish and player inspect will have absolutely no changes to it. But not everybody feels it is fine the way it is.

 

So I will clarify this thread:

 

Sony, please give all of us the control of the *purchase* option in Player Inspect before being inspected.

 


So, you just want to control the way other people choose to spend their hard earned cash? :smileyindifferent:


This is what I was told in the store by Lockwood:

 

"Exclusive to E3" I bought it then because I liked it *and* the fact that it was exclusive.

 

Now this along with ISE makes virtually nothing special in Playstatiuon Home.

 

I want what I was told about exclusive items to remain the same as before.

 

And if they are going to let us purchase IREM items, why not bring back the IREM store?

 

Yes I know it costs too much. As usual profit over people. That only works for so long, let the trolling begin!

 

By the TOS this is all fine and dandy, basically it says: SCE reserves the right to make any changes to the Beta program at any time, with or without notice to you. n I'm sure calling something exclusive in print then changing that written fact afterwards, not only for those who bought it, but also for the developer *who stated it*. That's all ok too. But I don't have to like it.

 

Just like how I can go and buy a Steam Box and say goodbye to PSN. Well that won't happen because of the friends I have made here. But I still don't have to like this and having no individuality in our avatars is what you prefer, well k fine, but that's the point I'm getting at here. And you would still have the option to get everything currently available, n maybe even including IREM (when a friend has the purchase option turned ON).

 

I'm not telling anybody what to do with their money. Don't twist what I wrote please.

 

I'm asking that *Exclusive* still means *Exclusive*, thats part of why people got those items. Now it's a lie. Sony took over IREM content legally?, so yes, that won't change I suppose.

 


You said it yourself. I made it yellow-green and a lot bigger for you. You want to be able to control what others can purchase. If Sony or a dev has a problem with it, they'll remove the items for good, just like they did the THQ stuff from NA.

 

I have the Lockwood E3 items and I'd let people buy the orange glow crap off me if they wanted it. It really is just digital content.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 70 (310 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/07/2012
Offline
844 posts
 

Re: Player Inspect *Purchase* Option, to turn it ON or OFF [Edited]

Oct 11, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:
skull-_-kandy is quite right, we don't own our avatars, their likenesses, or anything they wear. Our avatar's clothing is owned by the devs who created it. All we have purchased a a license to use it for as long as Home is up. Since we don't own it, we really can't control who else buys it, or how.

That is all very true Steph, but that doesn't mean they have to break their word.

 

Exclusive to E3.

 

Without your word, what are you?

 

What I may become is just an online friend on PSN, not in Playstation Home. There are other options and I can still remain friends with many outside of PSN. Don't doubt that for a heartbeat.

 

So do I care about Playstation Home? Yes, very much so. And I for one among many can game and keep friends outside of PSN that I have met in Playstation Home, and have introduced to Playstation Home.

 

I have always done my best to promote Playstation Home, while i see trolls run amuck bashing people everyday, making it ever so more hateful, I do my best when i do have time n patience to talk sense to them. but no, trolling is so much easier, isn't it? n laying down n not speaking up is much easier too isn't it?

 

I know what the TOS is, Sony could pull th e plug right now on PS Home if it costs to much to run verses what they make. in the next 5 minutes PS Home could be gone forever and we would have no recourse legally.

 

Does that make it right or proper? No.

 

Does it encourage me to switch to another game world on psn? Yes. Very much so. No, it won't change because Sony is still happy we r still on PSN, just not in Playstation Home, because of our friends. Changes nothing for Sony, if you will spend anyway on another game world on PSN. So it's all ok, n i'm wrong to speak up?

 

Well, I am speaking up, n there are many who feel the way i do. so go ahead about it, but people are already leaving. i see more n more friends *not* in playstation home, and in other psn games.

 

People who used to love Playstation Home, they are not spending their time in Playstation home.

 

Hmmm, I wonder why.

 

 


Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 70 (306 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4245 posts
 

Re: Inspect Approval

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Finally, if you would like your ideas to have a chance of fruition, I recommend that you post them in the official monthly suggestions as we as here. Good luck!

Conrad, you of all people should know that the Community Manager, Tempest_Fire made it quite clear that starting way back in July that suggestions for the service (functionality of Home) are no longer allowed in the Monthly Suggestions thread, only suggestions for new content.

 

In fact, since this was announced, every single Suggestions Thread since then starts out with the same disclaimer:

 


Tempest_Fire wrote:

Please feel free to suggest any content that you're interested in seeing in PlayStation Home.  This is a thread for content suggestions (clothing, LMOs, spaces, etc.), not for functionality.


Not that it even mattered as the vast majority of suggestions to the service, like;

 

Better Communication & Customer Service:

Better Item Management:

Separate Folders for Companions and LMOs:

Improve the Character Saves Folder:

Restore the Crippled Targetting System:

Allow for More Creativity:

Update Older Active Items:

The Ability to Save Multiple Layouts of Our Spaces:

Ability to Sort Our Personal Spaces and Tag some as Favorites:

Improve the Shopping Experience in Home:

Bring Back Game Related Content:

Improve the Ignore Option:

Belonging to More Clubs:

Adding More Members to a Club:

 

Not only were they not implimented over the years, but no one from Sony even took the time to respond to them.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 70 (303 Views)