Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1783 posts

Re: PlayStation Home camera misuse: Complaint

May 18, 2013

Lets compare to real life for a momment. If you are in public and clearly in view of many people, anyone standing in a spot where they are permitted to be, can take a pic of you and there is nothing you can do about it. In fact, we are all subject to cameras and video many times on a typical day in public. It's different if you are in a private place and someone has to tresspass to get a view. That is voyerism and it's against the law. Also in bathrooms, locker rooms, hospitals, etc... anywhere there is a presumption of privacy. But in public... no.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 54 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4861 posts

May 18, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

illuminati_Queen wrote:

I' m here to post frustration  due to the childish nature of other users on PlayStation Home and I am making a sugestion that there should be a privacy setting were a user can adjust rather if thier avatar can be blured out when a picture is taken. Some strongly disagree to my sugestion, but I like to feel comfortable in a social invorment. 

There already is. 

Invisible-Suit.jpg

Other then that there really is no point in blocking out a persons avatar.  It's not a real person and you don't have any rights when in Home.  It's all in the disclaimer you agreed to when joining Home.

:smileysad: seaside of memories :smileysad:

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 54 (454 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2756 posts

May 18, 2013

:^/ One thing no one has touched on so far is that you cannot see the camera when another user is taking pictures. He may have his camera behind him, showing him facing away from the camera at what lies beyond.

Or, he may have his camera ahead of himself, taking pictures of himself facing the camera. Or he may be using first person view, or his camera may be as low as the ground, recording the view of the underside of a table or chair.

We cannot assume that the camera is recording whatever the avatar is facing.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 54 (434 Views)
Survivor
1604 posts

May 18, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

:^/ One thing no one has touched on so far is that you cannot see the camera when another user is taking pictures. He may have his camera behind him, showing him facing away from the camera at what lies beyond.

Or, he may have his camera ahead of himself, taking pictures of himself facing the camera. Or he may be using first person view, or his camera may be as low as the ground, recording the view of the underside of a table or chair.

We cannot assume that the camera is recording whatever the avatar is facing.

-- and taking a picture under a skirt or dress. Pixels pervs!

We know now that Home will be gone by next April. I intend to enjoy it as long as it's around. I hope you do, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 54 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

May 18, 2013

the whole point of HOME IS to have the freedom to be childish in a fantasy world. i set my avatar up as well to look like me as best i could but i don't complain at all when i find myself in a HOME pic somewhere online. the way i look at it is from a social experiment perspective, if you watch certain people they will intentionally go around other peoples avatar because they see this game as a tangent of reality. yes the avatars are controlled by real people but the avatar itself isn't real, it's a series of 1's & 0's. what are people going to do to you? use your avatar to track you down & murder you? LOL if you turned your PS3 off tomorrow and never touched it again nobody online could find anything on you that you didn't put up in the first place. the internet & all it's places are like a giant history book, once it's there it will take a miracle to get it off or a power outage to the host servers whichever you would like. 

my only question here is why does it matter? what are you trying to prevent from being seen? if you're wearing things like bikini's & don't want to be seen like that don't wear it, if you're afraid of pervs well...welcome to the internet, 90% of the internet is nothing but adult entertainment sites and if there's someone into HOME stuff then i feel sorry for them because there is more "exciting entertainment" than HOME can provide.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 54 (418 Views)
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

May 18, 2013

To be honest there is nothing they could be taking a picture of that is yours anyway, even thou you made the avatar look the way you wanted and you may have bought the cloths you have on, realistically if the day comes that Sony ever closes down the home servers, all your stuff will be gone, so in truth all they are doing is taking pictures of things your pretty much long term renting, nothing you actually own...

photo samurai-bujutsu-107698.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 54 (414 Views)
Survivor
1604 posts

May 18, 2013

You all have opinions, so does the OP. You all make sure everyone knows that you are entitled to yours, but you seem to forget, she's entitled to hers, also.

If she associates closely with her avatar (and many do) and is made uncomfortable by people taking its picture, because she feels it's an invasion of her privacy, that's her right. If she wishes an option were made so strangers couldn't take a picture of her avatar, she has the right to that wish and to state it here in the Home forum.

Frankly, I'm rather disconcerted by strangers taking pictures of my avatar, also. Disclaimer, as usual: I don't think everyone in the same space taking pictures, is taking pictures of my avatar.

We know now that Home will be gone by next April. I intend to enjoy it as long as it's around. I hope you do, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 54 (408 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Paparazzi  are people too !!!  LOLLLLLL

paparazzi1animated.gif

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 54 (372 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
994 posts

May 18, 2013

Bolavon wrote:

To be honest there is nothing they could be taking a picture of that is yours anyway, even thou you made the avatar look the way you wanted and you may have bought the cloths you have on, realistically if the day comes that Sony ever closes down the home servers, all your stuff will be gone, so in truth all they are doing is taking pictures of things your pretty much long term renting, nothing you actually own...

I did a post about this exact thing ... Not yo Cheezze!!

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 54 (367 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4010 posts

May 18, 2013

I understand the visceral reaction to hearing a camera noise. "Who's taking pictures? Why?" Is a reactionary thought that briefly spins through my head along with other silly nonsense like "I like cheese", "Do we have any cheese?", "I could check the fridge for cheese", "That guy posting about cheese earlier made me want cheese, I bet." However, my logical brain usually kicks in at some point and says all the things everyone else has posted about. Of course, the OP has a right to their opinion and to express it. All "feelings" are equally valid (or some other new-agey stuff). Also, everyone else that feels it's silly has a right to do express that opinion as well. Okay, that ties it all up in neat little bow for me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 54 (355 Views)