Survivor
1829 posts

Re: PlayStation Home camera misuse: Complaint

May 17, 2013

I don't like being taken in pictures in real life. I don't really like it more on home. But there is a limit to what we can reasonably ask about it. Over my years on home I became a little more acustom to it. I still don't like it much, but I don't frantically run when I see (or hear) someone using it's camera anymore. To me the fact that the ID don't show offer us reasonable privacy. 

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 54 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1461 posts

May 17, 2013

illuminati_Queen wrote:

I' m here to post frustration  due to the childish nature of other users on PlayStation Home and I am making a sugestion that there should be a privacy setting were a user can adjust rather if thier avatar can be blured out when a picture is taken. Some strongly disagree to my sugestion, but I like to feel comfortable in a social invorment. 

All avatars and dlc are the intelectual property of Sony and the developers in question. It is not you. there is no privacy issue here.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 54 (470 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 17, 2013

tss my mudda didn't like it when i hid in the bushes and took pics of her and Delmar fixing the floors or sumpthin. He was always over to fix the floors. i tink you just need a good tick'il.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 54 (463 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

May 17, 2013

To OP. The title of this thread is incorrrect. Using the camera to take pictures in public or private spaces isn't 'imisuse'. That's what it was designed for.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 54 (440 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5290 posts

May 17, 2013

Apparently the OP fails to realize that everything we do in Home is tracked and stored from the moment we log in.

Pictures are simply a different form of data gathering. You have no privacy here. If you think otherwise, then you have very little understanding of how this whole thing works. Random user taking your picture is just someone else grabbing some data.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 54 (415 Views)
Survivor
985 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

C'mon ; learning that a member of Home is very uncomfortable with having their Picture taken,

should not mean it's open season on hunting them down and snapping away.

That, is way to close to stalking and harassment. Trolling.

Shame on you.

Queen : It is a given that other members taking pics anywhere on Home is within the rules.

Since it is, perhaps you might want to consider a change in the way you look at Photo activity ?

Granted, you may be so beautiful, that you have given celibates and priests reason to reconsider their vows, but . . .

Not all Pics are going to be focused on you.

Think of any Cameras turned your way as a compliment. Accept it as such, and no longer react negatively.

You'll have more fun on Home, if you can adjust :smileyhappy:

Believe me; the fuss and muss over whiring lenses is not worth the stress. . . but . . .

if they are trying to get Pics of your nether region; report if you wish, do a Joanna on 'em ( put on ignore), and just keep having fun.

photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 54 (399 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29016 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

http://content.photojojo.com/tips/legal-rights-of-photographers/

THE TEN LEGAL COMMANDMENTS OF PHOTOGRAPHY

I. Anyone in a public place can take pictures of anything they want. Public places include parks, sidewalks, malls, etc. Malls? Yeah. Even though it’s technically private property, being open to the public makes it public space.

II. If you are on public property, you can take pictures of private property. If a building, for example, is visible from the sidewalk, it’s fair game.

III. If you are on private property and are asked not to take pictures, you are obligated to honor that request. This includes posted signs.

IV. Sensitive government buildings (military bases, nuclear facilities) can prohibit photography if it is deemed a threat to national security.

V. People can be photographed if they are in public (without their consent) unless they have secluded themselves and can expect a reasonable degree of privacy. Kids swimming in a fountain? Okay. Somebody entering their PIN at the ATM? Not okay.

VI. The following can almost always be photographed from public places, despite popular opinion:

• accident & fire scenes, criminal activities
  • bridges & other infrastructure, transportation facilities (i.e. airports)
  • industrial facilities, Superfund sites
  • public utilities, residential & commercial buildings
  • children, celebrities, law enforcement officers
  • UFOs, the Loch Ness Monster, Chuck Norris

VII. Although “security” is often given as the reason somebody doesn’t want you to take photos, it’s rarely valid. Taking a photo of a publicly visible subject does not constitute terrorism, nor does it infringe on a company’s trade secrets.

VIII. If you are challenged, you do not have to explain why you are taking pictures, nor to you have to disclose your identity (except in some cases when questioned by a law enforcement officer.)

IX. Private parties have very limited rights to detain you against your will, and can be subject to legal action if they harass you.

X. If someone tries to confiscate your camera and/or film, you don’t have to give it to them. If they take it by force or threaten you, they can be liable for things like theft and coercion. Even law enforcement officers need a court order.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 54 (329 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

May 17, 2013
Maybe they thought they were playing Fatal Frame, and thought you were an old decrepit ghost so they went in to take a picture and get super ghost points.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 54 (369 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7054 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

illuminati_Queen wrote:

I' m here to post frustration  due to the childish nature of other users on PlayStation Home and I am making a sugestion that there should be a privacy setting were a user can adjust rather if thier avatar can be blured out when a picture is taken. Some strongly disagree to my sugestion, but I like to feel comfortable in a social invorment. 

How do you know that the other users involved are in fact taking your picture?

While I'm seldom a fan of evidence, I don't protest if someone takes a picture in my presence. I don't generally assume that it must be a picture of me that they want either.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 54 (376 Views)
Fender Bender
2833 posts

May 17, 2013
Here's a creepy thought. A lot of us have PVR equipment. We might not only be taking shots without you knowing, Illuminati, we might also be filming your every move in Home! How can you tell? You can't. It's the same in real life, how closely are you watched? Closer than you think. You just don't know til someone admits it or is blatantly obvious.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 54 (365 Views)
0 Likes