Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Re: PlaySta​tion Home 1.75 Patch Notes

Jan 26, 2013

Wow  did someone reply?  Sorry  hi   i so used to talking to myself      :-)  thanks  i am so limited  using a tablet  but i try .

Please use plain text.
Message 181 of 189 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jan 26, 2013

A8te_Ball wrote:

Wow  did someone reply?  Sorry  hi   i so used to talking to myself      :-)  thanks  i am so limited  using a tablet  but i try .

Ah okay lol. Yeah, there's a quote feature here in the upper right when you make a post. If you're using quick replies though, I would just make a note to whoever you're replying to like a "@thatperson" or something

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 182 of 189 (327 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2631 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

:^/ I see the schedulded changes have created some confusion. I'll try to make things more clear:

CURRENTLY:

• Our PS3's hold cached copies of spaces we visit frequently. This makes them load much more quickly, since we don't have to download them every time we visit one. The space data describes the empty room itself, with information about the shape of the space, the image data for the floors, walls, etc. These files are about thirty megabytes or so.

•Our furniture configuration files are stored locally on our hard drives, too. These files include a list of the furntiure in our spaces, where each piece is located, and which way each is facing. These files are stored separately from Home's cache. The configuratin files are about fifty kilobytes, or about a thousandth the size of the spaces themselves.

The 3D furniture models themselves are not stored on our hard drives. This is to prevent people copying them for use in their own 3D projects, etc.

• When we visit a space, our PS3's read our furniture configuration files to look up which furniture to download from Sony's servers, then properly places them into our spaces for us.

UNDER THE NEW SYSTEM:

•Our PS3's will continue to cache the space data. This way, it won't take longer to go somewhere than it currently does.

•Our configuration files will be hosted on Sony's servers. When we enter a space, Home will likely request the appropriate file from Sony, then use it as it currently does.

:^/ As for GlassWalls not specifically stating that the space data itself will still be cached on our hard drives, I'm sure that's because he didn't know anyone would misunderstand it.

Please use plain text.
Message 183 of 189 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8618 posts

Re: A few unanswered questions about Home patch 1.75

Jan 26, 2013

harley7 wrote:
lolz, you are clueless, sorry to say. some of your questions made no sense. i know what the cache, how it is used and nowhere in the patch notes does it say anything about removing it. i have the batman apartment, i have the pixel jink shooter yellow outfit, i have the rdr rewards too and also the dragons lair arcade console. i know where the store is and nowhere in the patch notes did it mention the removal of the store from the xmb. so you keep refreshing this thread and see if someone from sony responds to you.

Hmm, no actually you don't know what you're talking about as usual.  First you have what GW said someone that knows a lot more about this then you.

• Once the transfer is complete Home will only read save data from the Home Servers.

Seeing how your so smart harley what is a cache again?  Oh, yea thats right it's saved data on your PS3.  But how is it going to be possable with what GW just said?  That's right the only way you could be right is if you assume you know what your talking about but really you don't.  I hope I don't need to make this any more clear "HOME WILL ONLY READ SAVE DATA FROM THE HOME SERVERS"

Also what where you trying to say "i know what the cache"?

And good for you!  You have items in Home...  Do you have any idea how they got from your PS3-CD to your Home account?  Must be magic, right?  Game unlocks use a process called AFAIK you know everthing so I don't have to go into to much info about this right...? 

• With Patch 1.75 your save data will be transferred from your PS3 hard drive onto the Home Servers.
  • The save data being transferred includes your Preferences, Character Saves and Apartment Furniture Layouts.

So your all set all your items that you got from your PS3 games will be uploaded to the Home servers.  But the way AFAIK works is it saved data onto your PS3 and then that info is then uploaded to Home.  After this update you will no longer be able to do that.  Remember that one uploade?

So my question that you can't answer is will this be a problem in this update?

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 184 of 189 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8618 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

UNDER THE NEW SYSTEM:

•Our PS3's will continue to cache the space data. This way, it won't take longer to go somewhere than it currently does.

•Our configuration files will be hosted on Sony's servers. When we enter a space, Home will likely request the appropriate file from Sony, then use it as it currently does.

I don't find that very realistic especially dealing with our personal Home spaces.  Your trying to tell us that less will be saved on our PS3's and more will have to be downloaded from the servers and "it won't take longer to go somewhere than it currently does"?  Now we are going to have to download our own Avatars every time we goto a space.

Now, if I remember right we use to have this system in the Closed Beta and I also think at the start of the Open Beta.  It was taken away for having long load times and replaced with the system we have now pre-update.  So unless Sony has some tricks up their sleeves I have to assume that these old load times will be coming back.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 185 of 189 (273 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2631 posts

Jan 26, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:

UNDER THE NEW SYSTEM:

I don't find that very realistic especially dealing with our personal Home spaces.  Your trying to tell us that less will be saved on our PS3's and more will have to be downloaded from the servers and "it won't take longer to go somewhere than it currently does"?  Now we are going to have to download our own Avatars every time we goto a space.

Now, if I remember right we use to have this system in the Closed Beta and I also think at the start of the Open Beta.  It was taken away for having long load times and replaced with the system we have now pre-update.  So unless Sony has some tricks up their sleeves I have to assume that these old load times will be coming back.

:^/ Remember that the furniture layout file is smaller than most web page images. About fifty kilobytes. That's much smaller than the 3D model data for even the smallest furniture items. So, the impact of loading the file will be less than one percent of the total load time we're used to currently.

As for downloading our avatars every time we go to a space, it's already similar to that. Our avatar settings contains a list of clothes, but not the 3D models themselves, any more than our 3D furniture is cached currently. So, we currently already download our own avatars every time we log into Home, and every time we change things in our wardrobes. While changinng spaces, though, whatever clothing we're currently equipping is retained.

Also similar to the furniture file is the wardrobe file's size. It's comparatively miniscule, too. Loading it shouldn't increase the total time much. The 3D models of our wardrobe items are bigger, I'd say.

Please use plain text.
Message 186 of 189 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Jan 26, 2013

It took this long for us to change in friends apartments now its even MORE pay to play!!!??? I just don't even know what to say, this might as well start even more trolling on Home now...

Please use plain text.
Message 187 of 189 (239 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8618 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ Remember that the furniture layout file is smaller than most web page images. About fifty kilobytes. That's much smaller than the 3D model data for even the smallest furniture items. So, the impact of loading the file will be less than one percent of the total load time we're used to currently.

As for downloading our avatars every time we go to a space, it's already similar to that. Our avatar settings contains a list of clothes, but not the 3D models themselves, any more than our 3D furniture is cached currently. So, we currently already download our own avatars every time we log into Home, and every time we change things in our wardrobes. While changinng spaces, though, whatever clothing we're currently equipping is retained.

Also similar to the furniture file is the wardrobe file's size. It's comparatively miniscule, too. Loading it shouldn't increase the total time much. The 3D models of our wardrobe items are bigger, I'd say.

The points that I was trying to make are:

• 1KB is to big of a file in my opinion.  This is a move in the wrong direction and even 1kb would make for longer download times.  Yes true no one would notice but it would.
  • Also why are we going back to a system that has already failed?

Also remember I'm not 100% but this was the system in the OB right?  I know it was in the CB but can't remember if it was also this way in the OB.

GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 188 of 189 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Jan 26, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:

UNDER THE NEW SYSTEM:

There should be no significant change in data downloads, save data files and scripts files are very small.

The only thing that has changed is home save data and script file are located on sony's server.

This files are just coordinate, item and very small game data files.

A couple of kilobytes comes across in a blink of a eye.

The cache (which really is a temp cache, because it does overwrite itself when full) holds all the information for your end.

The models, there attributes and the x,y,z coordinates and any other attributes associated to your character.

After all of this is downloaded/updated into your cache, you will sync with the server.

Any changes that take place in the space,furniture clothing,people etc.., will download and update your cache.

Some home spaces are fairly large now, pushing 100 megs, some might  even be a bit bigger.

Priorities are also attached to what order the models are downloads in, This is just a base guidline of what is going on.

But yes, a 48 slot will take twice as long to retrieve, unless it just sends a thumbnails.

Right now I believe in the 24 slot, all the model data is transfered, that is why after  you select x,  load up  takes no time for the model to appear,  just a data sync back to the server.

Please use plain text.
Message 189 of 189 (182 Views)
0 Likes