Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2455 posts

Re: Picture Frame Discussion

Mar 24, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
The Codeglue frames are nice and bright but not as large as other frames. The Amaterasu yacht frames are big but sometimes too dark in certain rooms.

Codeglue has several sizes. The 50" one isn't that big, however the 70" is one of the largest frames available in Home, and they even came out with three different 80" versions.  The 80" versions also have different colored backlighting.  I have not used the 80" versions, but the 70" is my favorite frame due to it's size and its backlighting which really helps a lot when displaying images, as most frames darken the images.  It's 16x9 aspect ratio wont match most camera aspect ratios, so unless your camera takes pics in 16x9 you will have to live with left and right bars, or clipping some of the photo, or stretching it, but that always looks bad to me. 

Here's the Amaterasu frame side-by-side with the 70" Codeglue screen. As you can tell, the width is similar but the aspect ratio makes a big difference in the size. I do not have the 80" for comparison.

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 42 (313 Views)
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Mar 24, 2013
is there a free frame?? :cathappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 42 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

D-Nitrate D-Noted:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
The Codeglue frames are nice and bright but not as large as other frames. The Amaterasu yacht frames are big but sometimes too dark in certain rooms.

Codeglue has several sizes. The 50" one isn't that big, however the 70" is one of the largest frames available in Home, and they even came out with three different 80" versions.  The 80" versions also have different colored backlighting.  I have not used the 80" versions, but the 70" is my favorite frame due to it's size and its backlighting which really helps a lot when displaying images, as most frames darken the images.  It's 16x9 aspect ratio wont match most camera aspect ratios, so unless your camera takes pics in 16x9 you will have to live with left and right bars, or clipping some of the photo, or stretching it, but that always looks bad to me.

The only issues I have with the Codeglue frames are for one, that the label that is on the frame (to make it look more like a TV) looks funny if you place the fram vertically, as it is then displayed on it's side.  Also, it has a very modern look, so it can look out of place in spaces that aren't modern looking.

There used to be a thread from several years ago that had some great tips on displaying photos in Home which included the native resolution of all the frames (of course back then there were not many to chose from like there are today).  Konowing the native resolution of a frame is great if you want to get the max image quality by using your computer to resize your images to match (as the built-in scaler for frames in Home does a very poor job and lowers the image quality).

;^) Thanks for the details. I'll have to check those out.

My current favorite is from Loot. It's larger than most, has a thin satin chrome frame and a large white matte board border around your image. I use these with my scanned pencil sketches, makes them look like huge lithographs. Very artsy.

I'm always looking for larger, brighter picture frames, so this thread is welcome.

I like the size of the loot frame but in my own opinion it has too much glare. I will have to check out the other suggestions to see if they are any better. I would like to find a frame that is as big as the loot black frame but with no or little glare.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 42 (304 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
639 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

I like the backlit O-Two frames I got from the abduction simulator. However, I'd also lilke to see some backlit frames that don't look like TVs.

Would be awesome to have support for animated .gifs so the TV frames can really shine.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 42 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Mar 25, 2013

This thread could use more pictures of said frames. Preferably with something to compare the size to.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 42 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3165 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Codeglue 50' 60' 70'Codeglue All 80'  1st and 2nd are identical in size one vertical the other horizontal 3rd is square.Codeglue 70' 80' and Movie film picture frame all very close in size.Amaterasu frame is slightly bigger than the Codeglue 70' 80'

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 42 (245 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9125 posts

Mar 25, 2013
@Julian yes the two mentioned Peakvox tvs from Abduction are frames, the other assorted tv items are just display tvs with no picture functionality.

@DMC - I havent seen the Loot one but am interested. Do you mean the amaterasu one? How much and where to find it?

@BlackMagicWoman THANK YOU for those comparisons very awesome so the 50', 60', 70' LCDs are frames also? I ask because I see you have no pics in it.

@Project_Denise there is a good free frame in the community theatre by watching pstalent films. Its big enough I use it often.

Thanks for adding to this thread everyone :smileyhappy:
I'd like to see it expand so keep up the good input!
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 42 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4211 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

Amaterasu frame is slightly bigger than the Codeglue 70' 80'

Thanks for pics.  Would you do a side by side pic of the 80" (square) Codeglue and the Amaterasu frame - they look like they are very close to the same size, only that the codeglue is taller 4x4 vs 4x3 aspect ratio.

Also, how do identical images compare between the two?  Is the image less bright in the Amaterasu frame or about the same?

Finally, can you pick the backlight color of the 80" frame, and if so, what colors can you pick?

Thanks!

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 42 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2455 posts

Mar 25, 2013
I find that the Amaterasu frame's brightness varies dramatically with the room lighting. Even to the point of appearing bright at one end of a room and too dark a short distance away. It does look very nice in the right environment.
castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 42 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2455 posts

Mar 25, 2013
What we need is a bright backlit frame with the same dimensions as the Home camera.
castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 42 (216 Views)