MVP Support
7949 posts

Re: Person threaten to hack account

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

Hawkeye1914 wrote:

I D: ****  Made repeated threats to hack into my account.  I was in pier park at 2:05pm on 4-29-2013 when threats were made.

Edit: removed blacklisting

U--J

It wasn't smart of you to blacklist the offender's name. But what he said about threatening to hijack into your account is pretty appropiate enough to report him for account scamming. I had a few individuals trying to scam me of my account like this one person I used to be friends with. I figured out that befriended me so he can download games from my account that he didn't pay for. I ended up refusing his offer and blocking him for good so I won't have to hear from him anymore. 

He probably said that to scare you and the threat that was made is pretty bluff.

Message 21 of 39 (632 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Apr 30, 2013

If you don't share your information, you got nothing to worry about.  Let them say all they want too.

Tell the subject, have fun with that. 

Message 22 of 39 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

Iced-Tea-Bagger wrote:

i can actually confirm that this did happen. i was in pier park around 12:00-12:30 PST last night and this guy kept standing right infront of me and would get mad if i moved. he lep calling me names and telling to stand still because he was trying to download my info. someone near us who i was talking to said it was possible as long as i was within "speach bubble" length of him. i thought he did something but it was jsut my sleep timer turning my tv off. but yeah i just took off back to my place, a few people sent me a pm asking if i was alright. i think i remeber his name but im not sure if it was the same person originally reported.

i would have hit select to report, but that usually crashes home for me.

They're lying. Unless you're in group or an empty space with them, it's impossible to determine someone's IP. They can't filter IP by name. There's no way for them to specifically target you. And you can't hack someone's account by knowing their IP. The most they could do is ddos you.

Your password information isn't being broadcasted in Home. Even if someone is sniffing information, they can't pick up that. The only way to hack someone would be to infiltrate Sony's server and look at your password or crack it by trying commonly used passwords until one works. I'd say in the case of most "hackings" it's because someone foolishly gave their password to someone they thought they could trust and that someone hands the information over to someone else.

Message 23 of 39 (607 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1064 posts

Apr 30, 2013

I am threatened w that once a day. I dare em to try to hack me n when they cant I laugh at them n totally not pay anu attenti8n to them at all. 

TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 24 of 39 (591 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
568 posts

Apr 30, 2013

alright i figure he was bluffing. i was just wanting to confirm that the op was telling the truth.

Message 25 of 39 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
329 posts

Apr 30, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Hawkeye1914 wrote:

I D: ****  Made repeated threats to hack into my account.  I was in pier park at 2:05pm on 4-29-2013 when threats were made.

Edit: removed blacklisting

U--J

LOL, let them!  Obviously this is a sick joke.  Think about it...   You hack into someone Home account what can you do?  NOTHING!!!  You can't trade items you can move things around in your private spaces but that's it.

You can PM a Mod... But trust me they will do nothing.  The Mod's are smart and know that it would be pointless to do this.

That's not true. The hacker can do quite some damage if for example the hacked account has a credit card attached for purchases. Think about it!

And then the hacker can go somewhere, start to offend a ton of people and do exactly those things that can (and will) lead to a permanent ban of the account. It's very easy to get banned for life ad get your PS3 bricked. Then try to convince Sony that this was not you and you want your account back on which you've spend tons of money already... What a mess.

Message 26 of 39 (546 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

HotChick955 wrote:
That's not true. The hacker can do quite some damage if for example the hacked account has a credit card attached for purchases. Think about it!

And then the hacker can go somewhere, start to offend a ton of people and do exactly those things that can (and will) lead to a permanent ban of the account. It's very easy to get banned for life ad get your PS3 bricked. Then try to convince Sony that this was not you and you want your account back on which you've spend tons of money already... What a mess.

You have to understand a few things here.  "Hackers" don't really exist (on PSN/Home).  There has only been one person or group to ever hack PSN.  There for the only way someone can log-on to your PSN account is if they know your E-mail and know or guess your password.  Guess what!  If you guess someones password are you a hacker?  NO!  Your a password Cracker.  And if they are calling them selfs hackers they are idiot crackers :smileytongue:

This was not a Hacker at all it was just a lamer.  Did they do anything to the OP?  Once again the answer is NO!!!.  They also never said in what way they where going to "hack" the OP as I pointed out in my past post's you can use ISE and there are roomers out there now there are people out there called freezers that can cause your PS3 to freezes up and you would have to re-start your PS3.  I know that is week but kids like that some times call them self "hackers".

As for your "start to offend a ton of people" that is also not true thanks to a little thing called an "IP" if the user of the account can prove it was not them and someone else was on there account the staff or mods will most likely give you your account back once things clear up.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 27 of 39 (493 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

May 3, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

If you don't share your information, you got nothing to worry about.  Let them say all they want too.

Tell the subject, have fun with that. 

BINGO!!!  That's the only way they can get onto your account.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 28 of 39 (463 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1064 posts

May 4, 2013
Omg was funny yesterday in acorn park someone claimed they had my ip adress and I said what is it. The idiot proceeded to put it in local chat n the re was a group of ppl w me at the time. The ip he posted was not even close to anyones ip that was around me at the time. I just laughed at him n said thats not mine now go away. This person also has been doing videos 8n uoutube n has the images of the other person in them and is revealing privacy. mods you m7ght want to check it out pm me for the info on who it is. Or if you pull my report from approximately 1 pm eastern time in acorn meadows park on NA server yo6 will see who.
TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 29 of 39 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3538 posts

May 4, 2013
OP, Threaten to hack him back :smileyvery-happy:

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 30 of 39 (423 Views)