Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 16 2010
By: Xulap Splicer 67 posts

@People that bought Hollywood Hills...

16 replies 217 views Edited Dec 16, 2010

Can you do me a favor? I'm planning to get this space, but I read that I won't be able to use the TV if my PS3's account doesn't have the video content activated under Account Management.

I can't activate my account on this new PS3, since it's new and I forgot to deactivate the old one. 

So, if the TV in the apartment doesn't work without video content activated, it will be worthless for me. I only want the apartment because of the theater.

So, is this true? Can anyone with the apartment check that for me and clear up this doubt. I'd really appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Re: @People that bought Hollywood Hills...

Dec 16, 2010

Yes I have Hollywood hills and the TV does not work when you don't have video content activated. It just gives errors

Daft Punk <3

EFC-L-U-K-E Playstation Home Vet

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Crap, thanks a lot.

You just saved me from wasting away $5.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Not true. My Ps3 is not activated for video for the same reason. My old 80gb died and took the video with it. I even won free psn movie rentals that i couldn't even watch. I also have Hollywood and Ameratsu and my TV's work just fine in there. No problems at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Seriously?

Sounds like you're on the same boat as me. My old PS3 died as well, and I won free movie rentals that I couldn't watch because of this.

Man, I hope you're not messing with me. I'm so happy to hear that.

By the way, is it true that the Yacht has a TV with better content? If so, I'll get that one right now instead.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Xulap wrote:

Seriously?

Sounds like you're on the same boat as me. My old PS3 died as well, and I won free movie rentals that I couldn't watch because of this.

Man, I hope you're not messing with me. I'm so happy to hear that.

By the way, is it true that the Yacht has a TV with better content? If so, I'll get that one right now instead.

Yes if you wan't you can add me and i will show you around them both and you can test the TV

Daft Punk <3

EFC-L-U-K-E Playstation Home Vet

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Dec 16, 2010

the yacht has slightly different content. Not sure if you would consider it better. But no sir i am not messing with you. The screens do work. I also use Hulu,Netflix,and Vudu on my XMB and they are also not affetced BTW.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2544 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Video content IS activated on my PS3 and I still can't play the videos in my Hollywood Hills house theaters.  Will it do the same with the yacht?  

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (217 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25585 posts

Dec 17, 2010

As suggested above, have someone whose television does work show off the space to you. Then give the system a test. If you are having issues with this, call SCEA at 1-800-345-7669 for assistance in getting your PS3 to play video content. Let them know that you are now using a different PS3 and cannot deactivate or activate the option yourself.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Dec 17, 2010

Didn't work for me for the 1st 2 weeks, been working for a week now. Changed nothing. Might just work itself out.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (217 Views)
0 Likes