Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Survivor
Registered: 09/04/2007
Offline
2759 posts
 

Re: People - Try Not To Get Banned

Dec 12, 2008

kz5iver wrote:

seniorfrito wrote:

Raptor1024 wrote:

I agree up to a point, until you make it a point to go around looking to be insulted basically. Going out of your way to find people who offend you. No wonder you don't have a good experience. I got news for you thats life people get offended. Im not saying its ok for people to insult or harass others. Im just saying it sounds like you are trying to get anyone band who looks at you wrong. And thats just not cool.

 

Recap- Im all for a nice safe enjoyable home experience. But sometimes you take the good with bad. Stop trying to seek out these people and enjoy your experience. If you come across someone that deserves a report then report them.

 

Advice for everyone try to have a thicker skin and not let people over the internet bother you so much.


lol no I definitely don't go hunting for it.  If it's just in my area though, I report it.  I go about my business doing whatever I want.  It just has it's way of finding me no matter what I do.


Yeah I know the feeling.

I was in Home for about a few minutes and got singled out because my character had dark skin. Not gonna say wat I was called, but Im sure you get the picture. Then others joined in.  It was like a Klan rally up in there.

 

I dont care if people curse as long as its not toward me.


Aww man, I can imagine that... I have seen segregated groups too. The key thing would be to not fall on their level.

 

You can add me as a friend.

MAzing87
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 145 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/04/2007
Offline
2759 posts
 

Re: People - Try Not To Get Banned

Dec 12, 2008

seniorfrito wrote:

ReBootU wrote:
you should learn to block first then ban later or your going to abuse the ban system and overload those in charge with 10 thousand ban requests just because you "overheard" someone cursing or whatever. If it is not personally directed at you or someone that you are in conversation with then you should just block them. It will stop the word bubble and their voice transmission. Problem solved... kinda like turning the channel when something offends you on TV. Their are stupid people everywhere and somehow, sometime or the other they will make their way into HOME. The trash talking will only get worse before it gets better/ After awhile SONY mods will catch up with them and kick them out. Now offensive names are another story, if is actually an abuse of the name system then I would report it.

No no, ok guys.  Time out.  I don't go looking for something to get offended by.  I also don't report every person I see cursing.  It does actually take a lot for me to be offended.  Unfortunately some of the things are so bad that I just can't ignore it.  You can try to ignore it all you want, but if someone runs around spamming the f-bomb all over the place, it tends to touch a nerve.  The only time I have really reported so far was when people were just cluttering up the theater with sleeping with moms and racial abuse.  And that's putting it lightly.  That's the kind of thing that offends me.  Is when people talk about other people in your life that have nothing to do with the game.  Was it directed at me?  As far as I could tell no, but there is a time and a place for everything, why not keep it in the RL and joke around like that with your real friends.  Don't get on a game/social network virtual world, and start spouting that crap.

Message Edited by seniorfrito on 12-12-2008 09:35 AM

I figured you wasn't trying to be no HOME cop. That's when someone would abuse the system if it were in place. 

MAzing87
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 145 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/01/2005
Offline
265 posts
 

Re: People - Try Not To Get Banned

Dec 12, 2008

AssassinHD wrote:

ReBootU wrote:

AssassinHD wrote:

ReBootU wrote:
you should learn to block first then ban later or your going to abuse the ban system and overload those in charge with 10 thousand ban requests just because you "overheard" someone cursing or whatever. If it is not personally directed at you or someone that you are in conversation with then you should just block them. It will stop the word bubble and their voice transmission. Problem solved... kinda like turning the channel when something offends you on TV. Their are stupid people everywhere and somehow, sometime or the other they will make their way into HOME. The trash talking will only get worse before it gets better/ After awhile SONY mods will catch up with them and kick them out. Now offensive names are another story, if is actually an abuse of the name system then I would report it.

 

It is not the users to decide to ban. Users report and then a Sony official reviews the report, determines if it is legitimate, and then determines the appropriate course of action. 


 

no duh... been here since june 2007, think I know how it works. What I said was basically learn to block before wasting a report to ban through SONY.  They have enough on their plate right now instead of adding every Tom, **bleep** and Harry's reports about someone near then that said a freakin curse word.

 

Your time here has nothing to do with your ability to process conceptual information. Your position is against the people who report offenses and my position is against the people who commit the offenses. I am sure most people who file a report probaby block the person also. There is nothing wrong with reporting offenses. 


if your looking for them then there is, your not the "HOME Police". Free speech still plays apart in America you know, dont go abusing it by hunting it down.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 145 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 11/04/2007
Offline
613 posts
 

Re: People - Try Not To Get Banned

Dec 12, 2008

Nascar_Nut_88 wrote:
I dunno... IMO, the entire Home Code of Ethics is a very blured and convoluted line. I'm sure Conduct is stipulated in the TOS, but the darn thing is soo long and written is such a technical language that many younger user's (and some older one i'm sure) can't fully comprehend it, I doubt too many ppl read it.

 

Maybe a solution is have a shorter "in layman's terms" document that we could be instructed to read and abide by that makes reference to the longer, more technical TOS. Not a starup screen obligation, cuz all we want is to do is get into "Home".. so we just click "I AGREE" and move on. Maybe have it posted as a poster around the area, or in your private areas... I dunno... just my thoughts at the moment.

 

 


Meh, you read one, you've read em all.  So many online TOS express the same points.  However, I know there are people out there that have never read a single one or even remotely skimmed through one.  And those are most of the people that are being offensive now.  Trust me, having known people to get banned in previous MMOs, I know how it works.  They'll get an e-mail either before or after they try to login to their account.  The e-mail will contain links to the TOS and Conduct pages and have an automated message about why they were suspended or banned.

 

And to those that think that it's putting too much on the devs plate, don't think that.  It's not the devs that police it.  I imagine Home being the virtual world that it is, have or will have a sort of game master that deals with all this.  Seriously don't hesitate to report because it only takes a second and as long as you do it for the right reason, you'll start to notice an improvement to your experience.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 145 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/11/2007
Offline
4357 posts
 

Re: People - Try Not To Get Banned

Dec 12, 2008

ReBootU wrote:

AssassinHD wrote:

ReBootU wrote:

AssassinHD wrote:

ReBootU wrote:
you should learn to block first then ban later or your going to abuse the ban system and overload those in charge with 10 thousand ban requests just because you "overheard" someone cursing or whatever. If it is not personally directed at you or someone that you are in conversation with then you should just block them. It will stop the word bubble and their voice transmission. Problem solved... kinda like turning the channel when something offends you on TV. Their are stupid people everywhere and somehow, sometime or the other they will make their way into HOME. The trash talking will only get worse before it gets better/ After awhile SONY mods will catch up with them and kick them out. Now offensive names are another story, if is actually an abuse of the name system then I would report it.

 

It is not the users to decide to ban. Users report and then a Sony official reviews the report, determines if it is legitimate, and then determines the appropriate course of action. 


 

no duh... been here since june 2007, think I know how it works. What I said was basically learn to block before wasting a report to ban through SONY.  They have enough on their plate right now instead of adding every Tom, **bleep** and Harry's reports about someone near then that said a freakin curse word.

 

Your time here has nothing to do with your ability to process conceptual information. Your position is against the people who report offenses and my position is against the people who commit the offenses. I am sure most people who file a report probaby block the person also. There is nothing wrong with reporting offenses. 


if your looking for them then there is, your not the "HOME Police". Free speech still plays apart in America you know, dont go abusing it by hunting it down.


 

Oh cut that First Amendment crap out. I defended the Constitution for 6 years. Freedom of Speech does not exist on a private network. 

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 145 (11 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/24/2008
Offline
1384 posts
 

Re: People - Try Not To Get Banned

Dec 12, 2008
lol wow all you guys banning are probably old farts and wish they were young again so they take it out on the younger folks by trying to ban them so they can make HOME into a Nursing HOME!!!
Lopez9577 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 145 (11 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/16/2008
Offline
5832 posts
 

Re: People - Try Not To Get Banned

Dec 12, 2008
I highly doubt anyone will get banned.  I always have to wonder when people say this... I mean is this the first time you've played a game online?  These people sound like homeschoolers going to public school.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 145 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 01/09/2004
Offline
601 posts
 

Re: People - Try Not To Get Banned

Dec 12, 2008

 My point of view....I don't care so much about the swearing, if it's excessive then yeah it's annoying. Any sort of racism or anything along the lines of that is a different story, and I think bans should happen for that.

 

This board is moderated, and I don't see any of you complaining about that (too much)...what makes home any different?

 

Really, how hard is it to behave yourselves? 

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 145 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 11/04/2007
Offline
613 posts
 

Re: People - Try Not To Get Banned

Dec 12, 2008

ReBootU wrote:
if your looking for them then there is, your not the "HOME Police". Free speech still plays apart in America you know, dont go abusing it by hunting it down.

Ah see now that's where you're wrong.  Home is not America.  If you've had MMORPG or any other online game experience, then you'd know that the devs/game masters are God.  What they say for their game goes.  There is no free speech in an online community.  First game I ever figured that out with was Star Wars Galaxies.  They eventually implemented a Warden system or rather a group of players per server that had better reporting powers than the rest.  I don't know how well that worked since I quit a long while ago, but the concept might not be a bad idea.

 

Listen, I'm really not saying that what you or any says should be policed.  But, Home is just not the place to be saying bad things.  One of the biggest concerns anyone should have is people overhearing what is being said on Home.  I mean people who aren't playing.  See in many cases, people have small children at Home.  Children that could easily be influenced by what they hear and if they can read, what they read if they walk up behind you.  These kinds of things are common.  So you may say, "Wear headphones."  Well the point is, people shouldn't have to.  That's all I'm saying.  My own friends are guilty of saying things they shouldn't through ventrilo and whatever else.  For the most part I do wear headphones.  But, sometimes I forget to switch the speakers around and it really isn't convenient in the least bit with my current setup.

 

So all I ask is that people just watch what they say.  Some people just act like they have no morals.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 145 (11 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 09/04/2007
Offline
2759 posts
 

Re: People - Try Not To Get Banned

Dec 12, 2008

Lopez9577 wrote:
lol wow all you guys banning are probably old farts and wish they were young again so they take it out on the younger folks by trying to ban them so they can make HOME into a Nursing HOME!!!

You are clueless. You think you made a joke? 

 

Bravo... 

 

Clearly you are someone that sees nothing wrong with what is being discussed, can't give any kind of input, and can't think about the bigger picture. 

MAzing87
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 145 (11 Views)