Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 11 of 127 (1,690 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3323 posts

Re: Peakvox Ninja - Rewards & Guide

Jan 10, 2013

Very nice guide! Have to work hard to ge tthe Snow White Ninja Outfit!

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 12 of 127 (1,657 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3168 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

Whirlwind Exchanger

Earn > 3500 points - [Peakvox floor decoration]
Earn > 5500 points - [fiery container]
Earn > 7500 points - [electric fan]

Image by Seribal_Assassin

Any tips on Whirlwind? I've noticed that I'm fairly horrible at it.

To answer my own question: Apparently Whirlwind takes skill over randomly hoping for luck. After I started watching the 7's go around and mentally picturing where they were at after they disappeared off the screen (and using my jedi reflexes), I figured out that pattern to the Whirlwind. I just got the last reward from it after scoring 9200. The Ninjutsu Aqaurium (Fire) is really cool in that you can place items inside of it. It's probably my favorite of the 3 rewards. The Ninja Electric fan is also really nice with the animate blades / streamers.

My WhirlWind High Score

DEMON WAR HORSE...

Demon War Horse

Breezy...

Ninja Fan

Message 13 of 127 (1,600 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Cool, thanks ck!

I just gave the slots a try and picked up the rewards. The timing is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 14 of 127 (1,587 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9313 posts

Jan 11, 2013
@Stardust you still have the tweet board numbers wrong. Its 100 000, not 10 000
Support Forums
Message 15 of 127 (1,500 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 12, 2013

The first weekly challenge is active. There's about ten hours left.

Message 16 of 127 (1,434 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

Sigh. My ninja keeps gettin stuck. Usually during a fight he'll stop moving. I'm like "Go! Go!" Lol.

Message 17 of 127 (1,394 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I haven't been playing Peakvox Ninja for too long, but here's what my experience has been like:

I found that the keys to this game are simply using the correct weapons, and knowing how to use them. At first I thought the kunai sniper rifle was relatively useless except in rare situations, like when there were relatively motionless players a long range away from you, or when players ran in a straight line toward you. Then I saw some players using the sniper pretty well, so I soon tried it WITHOUT the scope and found it to be uncannily easier to hit people with the dot reticle. There are three problems with the scope of the sniper:

1.) It takes too long to actually zoom in when you activate it

2.) The zoom goes very far in and cannot be adjusted

3.) Your player cannot dash or dodge while the scope is in use

Because of these factors, the scope should very rarely be used, if ever. However, if you are on top of a roof, following a player running away from you, waiting for someone to enter a straight walkway, waiting for someone to come out of hiding, shooting at an opponent engaged in combat with your teammate(s), or even in other situations, the sniper is actually extremely useful with no scope. You won't always hit moving targets, but the objective is to keep trying with the best accuracy you can manage, because that way you'll inevitably end up hitting a target in due time. A single headshot from the sniper will always kill your target, even at full health (regular shots do 57, 63 and 68 damage depending on the difficulty level of the enemy). For your other weapon slots, it seems there are also certain weapons that just prevail over others. The Kunai Rifle+ is probably the best overall weapon in the game, because of how much damage it does (8 damage each shot in rounds of 5 shots), how fast it fires, and how many shots you get before you have to reload (45). It makes most other weapons seem pitiful in comparison for the majority of gameplay situations. You will probably start getting a lot more kills after you start using this weapon. For melee attacks, the spiked mace is essential, and the gunpowder bombs are good for groups of opponents gathered in one place together. You should also remember that you can sneak into the structures through the water passageways, if you are facing an experienced team all alone, you should let them come to you and be prepared instead of chasing them down and being outnumbered, and the lightning ninjutsu is the best one overall for the invincibility it gives you, but players who know you'll try to use it will probably always choose the fire element and activate their ninjutsu after you activate yours.

Here is some info I collected on the ammo of the non-paid weapons and the sniper:

Kunai Sniper Rifle: Starting ammo = 8; max ammo = 18; regular ammo pack = 3; special ammo pack = 5

Shuriken Gauntlet: Starting ammo = 80; max ammo = 140; regular ammo pack = 28; special ammo pack = 42

Shuriken Assault Rifle: Starting ammo = 300; max ammo = 400; regular ammo pack = 80; special ammo pack = 120

Gunpowder Bomb: Starting ammo = 7; max ammo = 24; regular ammo pack = 4; special ammo pack = 7

Smoke Bomb: Starting ammo = 7; max ammo = 24; regular ammo pack = 4; special ammo pack = 7

Kunai Rifle: Starting ammo = 220; max ammo = 300; regular ammo pack = 60; special ammo pack = 90

Kunai Rifle+: Starting ammo = 240; max ammo = 320; regular ammo pack = 64; special ammo pack = 96

Kunai Gauntlet: Starting ammo = 80; max ammo = 120; regular ammo pack = 24; special ammo pack = X

Kunai Gauntlet+: Starting ammo = 80; max ammo = 140; regular ammo pack = 28; special ammo pack = 42

Koban Gauntlet+: Starting ammo = 80; max ammo = 140; regular ammo pack = 28; special ammo pack = 42

Koban SMG: Starting ammo = 240; max ammo = 300; regular ammo pack = 60; special ammo pack = X

Koban SMG+: Starting ammo = 260; max ammo = 320; regular ammo pack = 60; special ammo pack = 96

Hand Cannon: Starting ammo = 6; max ammo = 12; regular ammo pack = 1; special ammo pack = X

Hand Cannon+: Starting ammo = 6; max ammo = 15; regular ammo pack = 1; special ammo pack = 2

The values of X mean that those weapons never spawned for me in games with the special ammo pack (I think the same weapons always spawn). The special ammo pack is the smaller pack that sometimes spawns in the center of the stage.

My impression right now is that Peakvox Ninja is addictive and definitely one of the better games on Home, especially since you don't have to pay very much (or anything) to enjoy it. In terms of skill level, a little practice goes a long way. ^.~

Lion Signature
Message 18 of 127 (1,298 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Base damage values

You have 100 health.

Shuriken Gauntlet: 29

Shuriken Assault Rifle: 5
Koban Submachine Gun: 5
Koban Submachine Gun+: 6

Hand Cannon: 32

Hand Cannon+: 35

Koban Gauntlet+: 25

Kunai Sniper Rifle: 57

Ninja Sword : 25
Spiked Mace+: 34

Gunpowder Bomb: 32

Fire Ninjutsu: 40
Lightning Ninjutsu: 45
Water Ninjutsu: 48 (only hurts fire users)

Headshots do 4 times the damage.

Damage taken by enemies is roughly increased by 8% on normal and 16% on hard.

Message 19 of 127 (1,278 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Thanks for going to the trouble of collecting all that info, Falcon and Lunar. I've added it to the guide, as well as a few new titles.

Message 20 of 127 (1,156 Views)
0 Likes