Uncharted Territory
1756 posts

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007
Can anyone answer my question above? Will the trophies and achievements(whatever) be earned WITHOUT online access with PS3 and internet? I dont have my PS3 connected to the internet and wondering if i could still earn the achievements without online...similar to the xbox 360.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Jun 19, 2007

Vi3taZnDrag0n wrote:
Can anyone answer my question above? Will the trophies and achievements(whatever) be earned WITHOUT online access with PS3 and internet? I dont have my PS3 connected to the internet and wondering if i could still earn the achievements without online...similar to the xbox 360.

Well I dont know the answer, but you have to hook up your ps3 online to download home in the first place, so without it I dont see why you would care if you have trophies when you have no one to show them to....plus I do believe the trophy thing is hooked up to your "home" so I am assuming you have to be online to access your home. Im not entirely sure how it all works, but Im also assuming you have to be online to access any of the content within your "home" as well.

Message Edited by ProjectSatan on 06-19-2007 02:16 PM
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

PSN: Hellucinate
XBL: ProjectSatan
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

Jun 19, 2007

PoseidonXIII wrote:

MmhmBeer wrote:
My question is who will actually care about all these trophies let alone waste their time going to check out your trophies?

In my experience, I've been playing online with the other console, and I've had people say, "I'm gonna own you, your gamerscore's only 3000, I'm like, 15,000."  God I hated Live.  I really hope Home doesn't become Live.  I really will be disappointed.

ok troll get out!
 photo ogeeGTA_zps3b23a97c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1756 posts

Jun 19, 2007

ProjectSatan wrote:

Vi3taZnDrag0n wrote:

Well I dont know the answer, but you have to hook up your ps3 online to download home in the first place, so without it I dont see why you would care if you have trophies when you have no one to show them to....plus I do believe the trophy thing is hooked up to your "home" so I am assuming you have to be online to access your home. Im not entirely sure how it all works, but Im also assuming you have to be online to access any of the content within your "home" as well.

Message Edited by ProjectSatan on 06-19-2007 02:16 PM

Well...it gives games some replay value if i'll be able to at least see the trophy i earned and be able to complete it.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Jun 19, 2007
They are working on this

My Playstation account is FOXY007
so add me people
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes