Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4439 posts

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007

J_Hunng wrote:

PoseidonXIII wrote:

MmhmBeer wrote:
My question is who will actually care about all these trophies let alone waste their time going to check out your trophies?

In my experience, I've been playing online with the other console, and I've had people say, "I'm gonna own you, your gamerscore's only 3000, I'm like, 15,000."  God I hated Live.  I really hope Home doesn't become Live.  I really will be disappointed.

that made u "hate" acheivements...im trying not to harp on this, but i really want to understand.

Well, the over-emphasis on the importance of achieving "100 chainsaw kills online" or whathaveyou, and it basically turns everyone into an idiot.  And then when I'm like, "Well, I like the shotgun, so I'll do that," they're like, "C'mon you're taking all my kills, blah blah." 

It's like an episode of the twilight zone where you know you're right, and everyone else is insisting on being wrong.  I hate it. 

I hate achievements cuz it basically changes the way the game is played, for the worse I see.  I hope I explained it better.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 65 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1083 posts

Jun 19, 2007

Farough wrote:
I think the achievment system sounds like a good idea. It would add a lot of replay value to games such as Warhawk, Socom Confrontation, and even GTA IV. I like the idea of it because you can show all of your friends that ,"Hey, I'm pretty good at Warhawk. I got 20 kills in a row without dying." I mean, I hope people won't be complete show off's just because of something like that. I know most people won't be show offs because we have more mature gamers on the PSN. Most of those people that play on Xbox Live are whiners and all they want is to show off and be a total a$$.

As stated earlier we have more mature gamers on here because of the high price of the system.  Once the price drops and more people are able to afford it, it will be no different.
Jesus saves.........Jagr shoots............ He scores!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 65 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2923 posts

Jun 19, 2007

PoseidonXIII wrote:

J_Hunng wrote:

PoseidonXIII wrote:

MmhmBeer wrote:
My question is who will actually care about all these trophies let alone waste their time going to check out your trophies?

In my experience, I've been playing online with the other console, and I've had people say, "I'm gonna own you, your gamerscore's only 3000, I'm like, 15,000."  God I hated Live.  I really hope Home doesn't become Live.  I really will be disappointed.

that made u "hate" acheivements...im trying not to harp on this, but i really want to understand.

Well, the over-emphasis on the importance of achieving "100 chainsaw kills online" or whathaveyou, and it basically turns everyone into an idiot.  And then when I'm like, "Well, I like the shotgun, so I'll do that," they're like, "C'mon you're taking all my kills, blah blah." 

It's like an episode of the twilight zone where you know you're right, and everyone else is insisting on being wrong.  I hate it. 

I hate achievements cuz it basically changes the way the game is played, for the worse I see.  I hope I explained it better.

So Poseidon, to you...the problem lies online, and online only? or is it a top to bottom hatred?
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 65 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17231 posts

Jun 19, 2007

Jackbullitt wrote:
I think (I'm not a Home beta tester so I don't know how the game achievements are going to work) the problem with Home is that you're gonna run out of room to store stuff in. Let's say you beat 100 games. Each of those 100 games gives you a trophy. You're gonna make a room in your "house" hold 100 trophies? Talk about a cluster *beep*! What's neat about the Xbox gamer card is that its simple. You can have millions of numbers and you won't run out of room. But equally, its lame because most achievement points aren't hard to get.

There needs to be something like a super medal, special skins, or an armor full plate decoration that you can wear. That'd be freaking hot!

Well, from the Home Video they released a while back. You have a "Trophy Room" that looks to be pretty infinite that you can probably scroll through your trophies in this "room" if you want to. It's seperate from your "Home" so it won't clutter up your Home. They've also stated that some trophies will come with special extras for use in Home, be it wallpaper, clothing or furniture Also, what I think would be nice, would be if we could choose our favorite or most prized/hardest to achieve trophies and place them in our Home in a well, Trophy Case :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 65 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4439 posts

Jun 19, 2007

J_Hunng wrote:

PoseidonXIII wrote:

J_Hunng wrote:

PoseidonXIII wrote:

MmhmBeer wrote:

So Poseidon, to you...the problem lies online, and online only? or is it a top to bottom hatred?

Definitely it's an online problem.  The "bragging" is annoying, but the change of game play ruins the whole experience.  There should be special servers for achievement unlocking.

All in all, I bought PS3 because I hated the way Live was set up, and I wanted to get back to basics.  Play online, play to win.  Play offline, play to experience the game.  Live kind of bastardized the gameplay methods and made everything all backwards to me.  Every time Sony adopts a "Live" feature, I die a little inside.  I don't want it to become that way.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 65 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
861 posts

Jun 19, 2007
I have on word for you...Home. Have you been under a rock?
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 65 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1083 posts

Jun 19, 2007

PoseidonXIII wrote:

J_Hunng wrote:

PoseidonXIII wrote:

J_Hunng wrote:

PoseidonXIII wrote:

MmhmBeer wrote:

Definitely it's an online problem.  The "bragging" is annoying, but the change of game play ruins the whole experience.  There should be special servers for achievement unlocking.

All in all, I bought PS3 because I hated the way Live was set up, and I wanted to get back to basics.  Play online, play to win.  Play offline, play to experience the game.  Live kind of bastardized the gameplay methods and made everything all backwards to me.  Every time Sony adopts a "Live" feature, I die a little inside.  I don't want it to become that way.

They are going to do all they can to completely mirror Live because that is what everyone on this forum seems to constantly ask for.  All I want is a better store and universal friends list, and some movies to download.  other than that I don't think anything else is needed.
Jesus saves.........Jagr shoots............ He scores!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 65 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2923 posts

Jun 19, 2007

PoseidonXIII wrote:

J_Hunng wrote:

PoseidonXIII wrote:

J_Hunng wrote:

PoseidonXIII wrote:

MmhmBeer wrote:

heh, 1st time i've heard that one...but to each his own i guess...i still feel like i can play on and offline and its pretty basic...most of the time, unless im playing with specific friends, i dont even use my mic and i turn the voice off so i dont have to hear people talk stupid...and the achievments, i never really noticed the gameplay being drastically different online...but i understand a little bit better now what u meant.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 65 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4439 posts

Jun 19, 2007
I definitely hate the way Live is.  The only thing they make easy is purchasing content.  Naturally.  As far as online game play, I never get lag on Sony, and I never pay for Sony.  Go figure.  Can't say the same for Live. 
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 65 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2923 posts

Jun 19, 2007

PoseidonXIII wrote:
I definitely hate the way Live is.  The only thing they make easy is purchasing content.  Naturally.  As far as online game play, I never get lag on Sony, and I never pay for Sony.  Go figure.  Can't say the same for Live. 

Hmmm, i never get lag either...on either, im on dsl 6mb line....but im gettin FIOS soon! woo hoo!

Never paying is not necessarily a good thing, i would pay $50 a year to Sony gladly for a beefed up experience, maybe with a premium online strategy, Sony would get more DLC going.
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 65 (2 Views)
0 Likes