Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/27/2006
Offline
1083 posts
 

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007
My question is who will actually care about all these trophies let alone waste their time going to check out your trophies?
Jesus saves.........Jagr shoots............ He scores!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 65 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2007
Offline
4439 posts
 

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007


MmhmBeer wrote:
My question is who will actually care about all these trophies let alone waste their time going to check out your trophies?


In my experience, I've been playing online with the other console, and I've had people say, "I'm gonna own you, your gamerscore's only 3000, I'm like, 15,000."  God I hated Live.  I really hope Home doesn't become Live.  I really will be disappointed.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 65 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/19/2007
Offline
874 posts
 

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007
trophies in home.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 65 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/27/2006
Offline
1083 posts
 

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007
The whining children on live is why Resistance gets more play than Gears these days.  Although the only reason we enjoy the online play of PS3 is because it costs so much that most whiny rats cant get their parents to buy one for them.  Once the price drops it will all change, and losers will talk trash about trophies.
Jesus saves.........Jagr shoots............ He scores!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 65 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
cce
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/08/2007
Offline
1665 posts
 

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007


gtajak wrote:
I really hope playstation 3 incorporates some sort of gamerpoints system that works as good or better than that big white box. It really is a huge selling point to have a gamertag matched with you game achievments because it identifies who you are as a gamer and also shows your accomplishments which will be there forever which is icing on the cake for hours and hours spent on games these days. Sony has to at least equal this system if not better it to really stay competitive. I own all consoles and this really keeps 90% of my gaming time occupied because I not only am enjoying the game but improving my gamertag score with every accomplishment.



heck with that. those are for little kids. i had the box for almost 18 months and not once even cared about points. grown ups play a game for the game, not acheivements in life. time for some people to grow up.


Message Edited by tycl on 06-19-2007 10:16 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 65 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2007
Offline
4439 posts
 

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007


MmhmBeer wrote:
The whining children on live is why Resistance gets more play than Gears these days.  Although the only reason we enjoy the online play of PS3 is because it costs so much that most whiny rats cant get their parents to buy one for them.  Once the price drops it will all change, and losers will talk trash about trophies.




I really hope you're wrong.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 65 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/30/2006
Offline
2923 posts
 

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007


PoseidonXIII wrote:


MmhmBeer wrote:
My question is who will actually care about all these trophies let alone waste their time going to check out your trophies?


In my experience, I've been playing online with the other console, and I've had people say, "I'm gonna own you, your gamerscore's only 3000, I'm like, 15,000."  God I hated Live.  I really hope Home doesn't become Live.  I really will be disappointed.



that made u "hate" acheivements...im trying not to harp on this, but i really want to understand.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 65 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/27/2006
Offline
1083 posts
 

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007


J_Hunng wrote:


PoseidonXIII wrote:


MmhmBeer wrote:
My question is who will actually care about all these trophies let alone waste their time going to check out your trophies?


In my experience, I've been playing online with the other console, and I've had people say, "I'm gonna own you, your gamerscore's only 3000, I'm like, 15,000."  God I hated Live.  I really hope Home doesn't become Live.  I really will be disappointed.



that made u "hate" acheivements...im trying not to harp on this, but i really want to understand.


The problem is that people take them way to seriously, and then talk trash on you if you don't have a high score.  If you are like me and play games for the fun of it not for the points, then there is a chance someone will call you a noob.  It's weak sauce when people think that if you don't "chase em all" that you are no good at games.
Jesus saves.........Jagr shoots............ He scores!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 65 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/15/2006
Offline
1776 posts
 

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007
I think the achievment system sounds like a good idea. It would add a lot of replay value to games such as Warhawk, Socom Confrontation, and even GTA IV. I like the idea of it because you can show all of your friends that ,"Hey, I'm pretty good at Warhawk. I got 20 kills in a row without dying." I mean, I hope people won't be complete show off's just because of something like that. I know most people won't be show offs because we have more mature gamers on the PSN. Most of those people that play on Xbox Live are whiners and all they want is to show off and be a total a$$.


Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 65 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/30/2006
Offline
2923 posts
 

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007


MmhmBeer wrote:


J_Hunng wrote:


PoseidonXIII wrote:


MmhmBeer wrote:
My question is who will actually care about all these trophies let alone waste their time going to check out your trophies?


In my experience, I've been playing online with the other console, and I've had people say, "I'm gonna own you, your gamerscore's only 3000, I'm like, 15,000."  God I hated Live.  I really hope Home doesn't become Live.  I really will be disappointed.



that made u "hate" acheivements...im trying not to harp on this, but i really want to understand.


The problem is that people take them way to seriously, and then talk trash on you if you don't have a high score.  If you are like me and play games for the fun of it not for the points, then there is a chance someone will call you a noob.  It's weak sauce when people think that if you don't "chase em all" that you are no good at games.


I hear ya, but thats kinda like...well being just as immature as the people calling you a noob or whatever...what does it matter what they have to say online? yes a lot of people who play video games online are kids and they talk stupid...im just trying to figure out what that, has to do with a gamer, enjoying his game a little more (or less) to himself.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 65 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes