Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007
its would be nice to get free stuff like demos/games/PS storecards....etc for playing
 photo ogeeGTA_zps3b23a97c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4868 posts

Jun 19, 2007
In an interview with GameTrailers(bonus round), Sony PSN rep confirmed that the Trophy system will be part of a much bigger achievement system, meaning we'll probably get "gamerpoints."
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4439 posts

Jun 19, 2007

aaquib2 wrote:
In an interview with GameTrailers(bonus round), Sony PSN rep confirmed that the Trophy system will be part of a much bigger achievement system, meaning we'll probably get "gamerpoints."

They're not giving you free stuff.  So you should all just cross that out of your mind right now.  The best you'll get may be like... unique avatars.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
958 posts

Jun 19, 2007

Jackbullitt wrote:
I think (I'm not a Home beta tester so I don't know how the game achievements are going to work) the problem with Home is that you're gonna run out of room to store stuff in. Let's say you beat 100 games. Each of those 100 games gives you a trophy. You're gonna make a room in your "house" hold 100 trophies? Talk about a cluster *beep*! What's neat about the Xbox gamer card is that its simple. You can have millions of numbers and you won't run out of room. But equally, its lame because most achievement points aren't hard to get.

There needs to be something like a super medal, special skins, or an armor full plate decoration that you can wear. That'd be freaking hot!

Actually on the Home video walkthrough it shows that there is limited space for special trophies and achievments, areas to showcase your in-game video replays of a special event or certain trophies you like, but if you go over to the actual trophy gallery its an infinite space allowing you to store all your trophies and "achievments".

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Jun 19, 2007

PoseidonXIII wrote:
I hate achievements.  Nothing pissed me off more than playing online and everyone's yelling at me cuz they need "one more chainsaw kill for 30 achievement points."  F your achievement points, if I let you do it, how could you consider yourself to have "achieved" anything?  AUGH!  Horrible system.

Sounds to me like you hate the users and not really the achievements themselves....the system is great, its just the exploiters and losers who actually care about how high their score is that ruins it. And I can guarantee that the Sony achievement system will have the exact same thing happen to it...the system sounds nice on paper but when you put it into the hands of competitive and/or whiney gamers the outcome wont be pretty.
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

PSN: Hellucinate
XBL: ProjectSatan
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4439 posts

Jun 19, 2007

ProjectSatan wrote:

PoseidonXIII wrote:
I hate achievements.  Nothing pissed me off more than playing online and everyone's yelling at me cuz they need "one more chainsaw kill for 30 achievement points."  F your achievement points, if I let you do it, how could you consider yourself to have "achieved" anything?  AUGH!  Horrible system.

Sounds to me like you hate the users and not really the achievements themselves....the system is great, its just the exploiters and losers who actually care about how high their score is that ruins it. And I can guarantee that the Sony achievement system will have the exact same thing happen to it...the system sounds nice on paper but when you put it into the hands of competitive and/or whiney gamers the outcome wont be pretty.

Yeah, I think no matter what if they put that system in, all the online mulitplayer will become lame.  Everyone will be doing the same thing all the time, and yelling/booting you if you don't.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1224 posts

Jun 19, 2007
Nah...
PSN SHOGUN_1Support Life Fold @ Home. I love my PS3 and games :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Jun 19, 2007

PoseidonXIII wrote:

ProjectSatan wrote:

PoseidonXIII wrote:

Yeah, I think no matter what if they put that system in, all the online mulitplayer will become lame.  Everyone will be doing the same thing all the time, and yelling/booting you if you don't.

I hate to drag the competition into this thread but only a person who has played on Live and had to deal with the first couple of weeks of playing a new game online can understand how people combined with competitive meaningless scores can turn a good game into a frustrating achievement score nightmare. After the first couple of weeks it dies down and everyone who cared has their achievements but its still annoying. 
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

PSN: Hellucinate
XBL: ProjectSatan
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1083 posts

Jun 19, 2007
No I don't having the othe product which has them I have never been one to really care about points.  I just play games for fun and if points get unlocked okay, but I was never one to work to get them.  I see no real point in them and can't understand why they have vaught on so well.
Jesus saves.........Jagr shoots............ He scores!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4859 posts

Jun 19, 2007
Achievments; one of the signs of gaming apocalypse.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 65 (3 Views)
0 Likes