Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 19 2007
By: Mattblazing78 Hekseville Citizen 398 posts

PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

64 replies 5 views Edited Jun 19, 2007
I really hope playstation 3 incorporates some sort of gamerpoints system that works as good or better than that big white box. It really is a huge selling point to have a gamertag matched with you game achievments because it identifies who you are as a gamer and also shows your accomplishments which will be there forever which is icing on the cake for hours and hours spent on games these days. Sony has to at least equal this system if not better it to really stay competitive. I own all consoles and this really keeps 90% of my gaming time occupied because I not only am enjoying the game but improving my gamertag score with every accomplishment.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2923 posts

Re: PS3 needs something like achievment points, you agree?

Jun 19, 2007
They are going to have a type of achievement system...guy said so in the vid link i posted the other day....errm, its somewhere around here
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Jun 19, 2007

gtajak wrote:
I really hope playstation 3 incorporates some sort of gamerpoints system that works as good or better than that big white box. It really is a huge selling point to have a gamertag matched with you game achievments because it identifies who you are as a gamer and also shows your accomplishments which will be there forever which is icing on the cake for hours and hours spent on games these days. Sony has to at least equal this system if not better it to really stay competitive. I own all consoles and this really keeps 90% of my gaming time occupied because I not only am enjoying the game but improving my gamertag score with every accomplishment.

Have you not seen the videos on HOME that Sony is coming out with sometime soon?  They are planning an achievement system to be incorporated into HOME and people can browse your gallery of achievements. 
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 19, 2007
I think (I'm not a Home beta tester so I don't know how the game achievements are going to work) the problem with Home is that you're gonna run out of room to store stuff in. Let's say you beat 100 games. Each of those 100 games gives you a trophy. You're gonna make a room in your "house" hold 100 trophies? Talk about a cluster *beep*! What's neat about the Xbox gamer card is that its simple. You can have millions of numbers and you won't run out of room. But equally, its lame because most achievement points aren't hard to get.

There needs to be something like a super medal, special skins, or an armor full plate decoration that you can wear. That'd be freaking hot!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4910 posts

Jun 19, 2007
the Home Trophy system will be a way to showcase and track your achievements in games
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

Jun 19, 2007
In a recent interview, a Sony rep went on the record as saying that they were planning a similar type of acheivment system that would tie into their trophy system in 'home'. Now what it was exactly he did not say but it will be intesting to see what they have in mind.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Jun 19, 2007
I like the idea of the home achivement system, but either way I just want good games to play I could careless if ppl know I have beat them or not or what I have beat.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1224 posts

Jun 19, 2007

Durelle wrote:
I like the idea of the home achivement system, but either way I just want good games to play I could careless if ppl know I have beat them or not or what I have beat.

Me toooo.
PSN SHOGUN_1Support Life Fold @ Home. I love my PS3 and games :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4439 posts

Jun 19, 2007
I hate achievements.  Nothing pissed me off more than playing online and everyone's yelling at me cuz they need "one more chainsaw kill for 30 achievement points."  F your achievement points, if I let you do it, how could you consider yourself to have "achieved" anything?  AUGH!  Horrible system.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Jun 19, 2007
i like the trophies idea much more. 
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 65 (5 Views)
0 Likes