Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
4364 posts

Re: PS3 Home: Community Machinima

May 20, 2014
We lost a lot of good stickies when everything was linked to the "Events, Clubs, Guides and Creations" thread, for the sake of decluttering. I can't remember the last time I clicked on that thread, and I'm not sure how useful it is to the masses. Since lilblueeyes already volunteered, she'd be a good person to get this rolling. MVPs have full HTML capabilities, which can be very helpful in directory formats, but my memory if HTML is rusty at best. :x

Are we talking about a thread similar to this, but with a directory listing in the OP that's continually updated? Would it include only machinima/storytelling and music videos or all Home-related videos, like space tours, item previews/reviews, mini-game tutorials/tricks/tips, event coverage, podcasts, slideshows, etc?

Please use plain text.
Message 321 of 329 (299 Views)
Wastelander
188 posts

May 20, 2014

Totally agree with all of you, Jers, Stephie, and BlueEyes, this Forum Sticky thread topic for videos needs a serious discussion with some planning on how to make it easy for viewers to use.  Maybe a committee of all interested filmmakers plus those already commenting on this topic in this thread  could meet to hammer out details.  I volunteer to help out with doing the donkey work no one else wants as needed on this project (as long as I don't have to be in charge).  I nominate LilBlueEyes for that one.

Please use plain text.
Message 322 of 329 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

May 20, 2014

I like the idea of a thread for Home Film Makers. But as just mentioned, all types of machinima or story based ones?

Please use plain text.
Message 323 of 329 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
188 posts

May 20, 2014

Breaking it into categories is a fantastic idea, Stephie!  And, frankly, it would probably revive interest in this Forum from a lot of people who drifted away over the past year.  My suggestions for Categories pretty much matches your outline:  VIDEOS:  A. Story based  B. Music based  C. Space tours*  D. Product demos*  OTHER: (must have a YouTube link) such as podcasts, tutorials, game tips, slideshows, talk shows, and video coverage of an event in Home.

* must be created by a Home user with no fiduciary interest in the spaces and items being shown.  The developers already have plenty of places to run their promotional videos without being lumped into this thread.

Please use plain text.
Message 324 of 329 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16514 posts

May 20, 2014

Kiara (granny) mentioned a simp;le plan. A thread that has  the format be:  Date posted...Title...Creator...Genre

So..

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sci-Fi

Jersquall "the Grid"

The Grid run time 4:33

A fan based video based on the Classic and updated Sci-Fi movie

-LINK-

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thriller-Horror

Sophronia ""Sociopath!"

Sociopath! Run time 7;08

Sociopath is a PlayStation Home movie created entirely within PlayStation Home. All sounds are from freesounds.org with music from freemusicarchive.org and voice acting specifically created for this movie thanks to some awesome talent!

_LINK_

--------------------------------------------------------------

Of course there would be a whole section for tour video's and developers and such. and featured video on top for new videos.  Thought? keep it simple and easy peasy I say , You guys?

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 325 of 329 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

May 20, 2014

I like the 'Featured New Video' idea. But agree you have to keep it simple.

Please use plain text.
Message 326 of 329 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16514 posts

May 20, 2014

snowdog765 wrote:

I like the 'Featured New Video' idea. But agree you have to keep it simple.

Mhmm, work here with what we have.  everything thats Sci-Fi goes in Sci-Fi and so on.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 327 of 329 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
929 posts

May 20, 2014

Greetings

And the Artist paints on there canvus, kodos cant wait to see ur work of art video, popcorn will be ready but no butter since it cost 10 cents no worry arigato :smileyhappy:

3527586646_418b5a35b1.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 328 of 329 (253 Views)
Limit Breaker
16514 posts

Jul 26, 2014

I have about three more Home videos I want to make and thats when I will retire from videos about Home.  Anyways this thread has a lot of cool videos for viewing.  We have new people here who might enjoy seeing them.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 329 of 329 (112 Views)
0 Likes