Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 23 2012
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4245 posts

PS Home... A window to the soul of society?

[ Edited ]
17 replies 291 views Edited Oct 23, 2012

It seems every time some new sexually illicit item is released in Home, or even when the item hasn't even come out yet, as in the case of the Lei & Pareo outfit from Granzella, there is always a group of people who get all upset, some even demanding the item not be released or even removed from Home.

Regardless of the fact that it's sad that there are those among us that feel their own personal comfort level must dictate what the rest of us wear or do in Home, but even more so, it's sad that while they get outraged over items that show some skin (not even nudity), they show little concern for the amount of violent content in Home.

Afterall, not only do we have violent themed clothing in Home, but we also have violent themed games.  I think the Bootleggers game in the Action District was the first that actually allowed us to shoot and kill other users in Home.   Now we have a game, UPROAR, that blatantly promotes gang mentality, violence, and the ability once again to kill other user's avatars.

Yet the vast majority of out cry is for things as benign as a bathing suit!  Geez, there are still people complaining about the flirt game in the x7 club for crying out loud.   Frankly, I find the music in there to be far more offensive than seeing two avatars kiss.   Granzella even had to hide the final kiss in their Wedding Ceremony game... Even though they clearly made sure the two participants would never actually touch.  

Take for instance the active beds in Home... People complained they were too sexual, even though at first they had each person lie down facing away from each other and further apart than Lucy and Desi (google it if you don't get it).

If Home can have games that allow us to taunt and kill other avatars, then why can't we have a game where avatars can have a sexual encounter.

Seriously though, what does ts say about society that despite centuries of civilization so many still consider even mild sexuality to be far more offensive than ultra graphic violence.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 1 of 18 (291 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3264 posts

Re: PS Home... A window to the soul of society?

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

Well, you get kudos from me :smileyhappy:

Personally it doesn't matter what people buy. What tends to bug me is the mess that follows. I don't get tired of the gear coming in I get tired of the same people that buy it or chase after it.

Then there's balance, something still needing to be struck with content publishers and developers - we tend to get extremes. Either too little of something or too much. In this case all that seems to make it through for the women now are dental floss.

I am not really a fan of these space soldier games either dude. I am tired of violent games. Journey was the last game I enjoyed in a long while and I've started Rune Factory Oceans recently and quite like it :smileyhappy: the only reason I don't complain about it as much though is because the amount of violent content is nowhere near as much of a social issue in Home.

By that I mean people aren't all going out buying guns and making the space unusable or ruining the combat games for everyone. But the people with bikinis surprise surprise or the people bothering them are pretty much flooding out Home as much as the fams are.

And kinda like we are seeing more urban wear and street cuts, moves and stuff these people are being encouraged with more and more of this stuff. Well, maybe encouraged isn't the word. The problem here is like it or not fams and attention seekers and men in drag are pretty much your main customer base. Things are only gonna get taylored for them more and more and more over time. Devs aren't here to lose money or make you feel better or be your friend after all.

Y aknow what? Honestly that's fine in my eyes. I want Home to succeed. More sales = good. But again it's nto the clothes that bug me so much its knowing exactly whats going to happen once those clothes go on sale. Frankly people in Home aren't "ready" to be trusted with adult clothing yet but companies are allowed to sell it to them and the Homeys are allowed to buy it so there's not really much that can be done. I just like to vent about it from time to time :smileyhappy:

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

Message 2 of 18 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16539 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Imagine these same people at a public beach in the real world? :smileytongue:

Watch TV or Movies much? Home is still PG-13 if you ask me. It is what it is but Sony doesn't let it go over the edge. push it maybe.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 3 of 18 (266 Views)
Limit Breaker
16539 posts

Oct 23, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:

I want Home to succeed.

Some wrote Home off years ago if you remember. Those now Home watch with surprise that their predictions were wrong, Ed. lol...

HomeStationMagazine
Message 4 of 18 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3264 posts

Oct 23, 2012
I remember them. Whatever happened to them? :smileyvery-happy:

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

Message 5 of 18 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1691 posts

Oct 23, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:

They became bitter trolls on Home. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 6 of 18 (239 Views)
Limit Breaker
16539 posts

Oct 23, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:

Folded shop when they failed their mission statement. you know. bah.

Anyways, I know Home has it's likes and dislikes and some favor the cool fashion, Some are Tshirt lovers and again some love the sexy cloths.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 7 of 18 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

Imagine these same people at a public beach in the real world? :smileytongue:

Watch TV or Movies much? Home is still PG-13 if you ask me. It is what it is but Sony doesn't let it go over the edge. push it maybe.

I'd argue that the problem is what we as a society have labeled as being the edge.  

The fact that clearly it has been decided that it isn't even near let alone over the edge for Home to allow for graphic viloence, and avatars like the scream costume with animation of cutting someone's throat, and games promoting gang violence.... But show two avatars kissing?  Oh no sirree, can't have any of that.  

Just look what happened when the nude glitch was discovered with the spider bikini.  Never have I seen Sony work so fast to patch an error in Home... After all, seeing a naked avatar is after all soooooo much worse than a blood fest battle in UPROAR.   

I hope someday we will all be able to look back at this and laugh at ourselves, or at least some future generation will laugh at how upsidedown our sensitivities were.... However, considering we have been a civilized society for over three thousands years, and we still seem to glorify violence and shame sexuality, I'm less than optimistic.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 8 of 18 (225 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3264 posts

Oct 23, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:

Just look what happened when the nude glitch was discovered with the spider bikini.

Yeah..."glitch" :smileyvery-happy: how many people discovered it and who made the bikini. Also why did it have nipples?

Message 9 of 18 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9318 posts

Oct 23, 2012
I dont know why some get so offended by (digital) near nudity. We were all brought into this world naked afterall. These are tame I really don't know why people gripe but to each their own. Its not like theres a missionary position or doggy style locomotion. People have the choice of purchasing also nothings being forced..
Support Forums
Message 10 of 18 (210 Views)