Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
816 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Setsubun Ogre Extermination in Grand Edo of Nippon

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

Dissatisfied.

Although bring the event is great, I though the execution of the event was terrible. I don't like the repetitiveness (something close to 200 times to complete it). Up to 50 is manageable, and maybe if it had some other modes (single, group mode doesn't really differ in this game) then 200 could be bareable. 

Also the leaderboard should just stick as a plain leaderboard. Don't include rewards into it. I don't recall any good has occured when rewards are sticked to it. Actually I hear more bad stuff going on just because of it.

Don't take me wrong. The game itself is fun, it's just the event wasn't.

Message 11 of 31 (366 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

Voted very satisfied, the game is fun, and the prizes, while nothing special, are at least decent enough for me to work for. Next time, please don't simply make pallette swaps of existing items as prizes...

My main reason in being very satisfied is that this even was localized and brought to NA. This is our first time having something like this. It did come a week after EU and Asia, which was annoying, but I'm just thankful it wasn't delayed further.

Also I am annoyed that EU recieved the Boys Day Doll set which allows you to have a samurai ghost partner in the game, but not NA. For some reason, we didn't recieve that this week, nor did we recieve the oni-slaying sword. Both of these would sell well during this event, so I'm not sure why NA was shafted on this. Please release the Boys Day Doll set and oni slaying sword next week.

I do admit I don't like having to constantly grind to stay on the leaderboard though. Next time, my suggestion would be to set a very high goal, and anyone who reaches that goal in the time frame of the event recieves the special rewards. For example, instead of being in the top 10 at the end of the event, you just have to reach 500,000 points at your own pace.

Also, please ensure that the new armor and axe are also released in NA on the 20th. I'm sure releasing it simultaniously in NA will boost sales during this event, as opposed to after it...

Message 12 of 31 (315 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9380 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Congrats on your awesome leaderboard score Tarazuma :smileyhappy:
Support Forums
Message 13 of 31 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Feb 8, 2013

As said by others.. It's a serious Grind Fest just to even get rewards.. Let alone leader's..

Count on playing 100 to 200 times.Its looking like..LOL  Grind grind grind...

Slow loading, and you have to go back  to Nippon after each game.. Which makes it a load fest to.

Very drawn out game. Mercia was not even close to this grinding..

Save you money and time unless you have a lot of it..

Message 14 of 31 (265 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26110 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Snowstone wrote:

Slow loading, and you have to go back  to Nippon after each game... Which makes it a load fest, too.

I use that time to get a snack, use the bathroom, have a smoke or to chat with my wife. Hahaha!

But I like the game a lot. Even before this event. It reminds me of Kurusawa/Mifune movies. It takes me back to my ancestors.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 15 of 31 (252 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2872 posts

Feb 8, 2013
;^) I like the change for pace from the earlier mission, and the time limit makes it interesting, too. It's good to see new equipment available, while the new event still supports earlier equipment too. It was fun to have a reason to dig out my old armor and visit the space again.

:^/ However, having some prizes awarded to only a tiny few people seems... odd. The players who'll get these will occupy the intersection of two groups: those with money to spend on the best equipment, and those who have the most free time to devote to it. Some of us have obligations away from the PS3, such as work, school, errands, etc.
Message 16 of 31 (242 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Snowstone, bypass the entry post and use the recent spaces in nav. Will save you a bit of time.
Message 17 of 31 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Feb 8, 2013

LeeStone71 wrote:
Snowstone, bypass the entry post and use the recent spaces in nav. Will save you a bit of time.

Thanks for tip, I do that already..

Still silly , extra wear on the hard drive and time comsuming you have to go back to reload Nippon, Just to go back load (Defend EDO) again.

Why not just re-spawn at the EDO spawn point after a game.....  Grind Grind... the hard drive is like the game..

Message 18 of 31 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

hey conrad thanks for the heart lmao

Message 19 of 31 (210 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26110 posts

Feb 9, 2013

jada42 wrote:
hey conrad thanks for the heart lmao

You are welcome. Yours was the only name I recognized.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 20 of 31 (176 Views)