Sackboy
382 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Palace of the Seven Winds

Sep 27, 2012

I have tried several things, but now the server of the genie says that it is unavailable.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that the issue lies between the servers of the Genie, and the flying. I was not able to select music, and fly at the same time. I didn't use any portable items this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 55 (340 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

This would have been a great space, but it actually has to be one of the most inconvenient.

This is just based on the Open House version, but I'm in the space, and I encountered a TON of bugs that ruin the place for me.

1.  For one thing, sometimes when I end flight by pressing Start (the only way to exit flight mode, it seems), I can never fly again even when walking up to the flying mode platforms and press X to start flight.  It wont let me fly anymore.

2.  Just a few minutes ago I WAS allowed to fly again when I walked up to the flying mode platform on the pool island and pressed X, but I got a Waiting For Server message that didn't go away after 5 minutes.  I couldn't cancel it, I couldn't move, and I couldn't bring up my Navigator to move to another space, so the only way I could exit was to hold the PS button on my controller, quit out of Home and start Home up again.  Thanks...

3.  I took a picture in the bath tub because the pose I was in looks goofy.  But when I exit the bath tub and try to get back in, I get a message telling me it's occupied.  I was just in it, I exited, and no one else got in it, so how is it occupied?

4.  The islands should have been closer together and be attached by bridges.  Flying around is neat for about 5 minutes, but if that's how we have to access the other islands in the space, the novelty wears off pretty quick.  Which leads me to my next point:

5.  I'm beginning to notice that it's becoming a trend to make spaces set on floating islands.  Hudson Gate, Avalon Keep, Palaze of the Seven Winds, Mercia (not sure about this, but I see chunks of rocks in the background of the Sanctuary so I assume Mercia is set on a big floating island of a shattered planet).  Long story short, it's getting old.  Stop with the floating islands.  It's old hat.  Speaking of "done before":

6.  The flight aspect of this space seems to be ripped off from Avalon Keep.  This is Avalon Keep with an Arabian theme instead of a Medieval one.  Outstanding.

7.  Inside of the palace on the main island, I can't help but notice that above the time changing device (another concept ripped off from Heavy Water's Avalon Keep), there's a ledge with a door leading outside.  The only way to get up there is to leave the palace, fly around to the back, land, then walk through the doorway to get to the ledge inside the palace.  Um... isn't that kind of out of our way?  Why do we have to jump through so many hoops to get into a ledge when a simple staircase would make it so much faster?

8.  Open House issue:  The flying mode wasn't executed too well, because it has become a griefing tool.  We can walk through people normally when they're standing around in spaces on Home, but here, if they're flying, they can block doorways so people can't get through.  We can't walk or fly through them.  Get a team of people together to block the doors and you'[ll have a classic Habbo-style raid.  Granted this wont matter for those who own the space who will invite friends that they can trust, but it's still not a smart move.

Sorry to disagree with you people who are flipping out over how cool this space is, but Avalon Keep is still better.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 55 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Maxx_the_Slash wrote:

This would have been a great space, but it actually has to be one of the most inconvenient.

This is just based on the Open House version, but I'm in the space, and I encountered a TON of bugs that ruin the place for me.

1.  For one thing, sometimes when I end flight by pressing Start (the only way to exit flight mode, it seems), I can never fly again even when walking up to the flying mode platforms and press X to start flight.  It wont let me fly anymore.

Myself and friends experienced this in the open house. But so far in my club version these issues have never happened.

2.  Just a few minutes ago I WAS allowed to fly again when I walked up to the flying mode platform on the pool island and pressed X, but I got a Waiting For Server message that didn't go away after 5 minutes.  I couldn't cancel it, I couldn't move, and I couldn't bring up my Navigator to move to another space, so the only way I could exit was to hold the PS button on my controller, quit out of Home and start Home up again.  Thanks...

Same as above... Open house issue

3.  I took a picture in the bath tub because the pose I was in looks goofy.  But when I exit the bath tub and try to get back in, I get a message telling me it's occupied.  I was just in it, I exited, and no one else got in it, so how is it occupied?

Again, has not occurred in my club.

4.  The islands should have been closer together and be attached by bridges.  Flying around is neat for about 5 minutes, but if that's how we have to access the other islands in the space, the novelty wears off pretty quick.  Which leads me to my next point:

5.  I'm beginning to notice that it's becoming a trend to make spaces set on floating islands.  Hudson Gate, Avalon Keep, Palaze of the Seven Winds, Mercia (not sure about this, but I see chunks of rocks in the background of the Sanctuary so I assume Mercia is set on a big floating island of a shattered planet).  Long story short, it's getting old.  Stop with the floating islands.  It's old hat.  Speaking of "done before":

6.  The flight aspect of this space seems to be ripped off from Avalon Keep.  This is Avalon Keep with an Arabian theme instead of a Medieval one.  Outstanding.

Actually, the concept of flying/floating first appeared in home with the zero gravety space apartment (can't think of the name) well over a year ago. 

7.  Inside of the palace on the main island, I can't help but notice that above the time changing device (another concept ripped off from Heavy Water's Avalon Keep), there's a ledge with a door leading outside.  The only way to get up there is to leave the palace, fly around to the back, land, then walk through the doorway to get to the ledge inside the palace.  Um... isn't that kind of out of our way?  Why do we have to jump through so many hoops to get into a ledge when a simple staircase would make it so much faster?

Changing the time of day was introduced with Lockwood's luxury yacht, and has also been used by granzella. And the idea of this space is to fly from point to point. If people don't like that then this space is probably not for them.

8.  Open House issue:  The flying mode wasn't executed too well, because it has become a griefing tool.  We can walk through people normally when they're standing around in spaces on Home, but here, if they're flying, they can block doorways so people can't get through.  We can't walk or fly through them.  Get a team of people together to block the doors and you'[ll have a classic Habbo-style raid.  Granted this wont matter for those who own the space who will invite friends that they can trust, but it's still not a smart move.

To my knowledge, this was not planned as a public space, so in clubs or private spaces this shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry to disagree with you people who are flipping out over how cool this space is, but Avalon Keep is still better.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 55 (301 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4891 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Very Satisfied...

Clubhouse version only: With this being the first clubhouse skin ever to give a reward to guests and have a store where friends can give gifts to friends via coin purchase.. This is a big plus in my side.

Clubhouse & Personal Apartment versions: you can fly, swim, play different tracks of music, have a feast amongst some of the fun factors of this space. I am happy with this space. 

The four free rewards given to guests is a big plus.. I must say that Deluge lamp that makes rain  is now one of my favorite rewards from all of PSHome.

I have fallen fer this space.. This sure is a stepping ground fer many others to come... Did I say I was Very Satisfied, now I'm repeating myself ;p

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 55 (295 Views)
Sackboy
382 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I'm glad that you can say that all these issues didn't occur in your club, Brises.

That means that the space is perfectly fine.

Either way, I find this space the most wonderful of Home yet. It isn't even that expensive counting all those nice minigames that it has. :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 55 (285 Views)
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

Sep 28, 2012

THEY haven't seen it in the club version.  Doesn't mean other people aren't seeing them.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 55 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

Definately a space worth buying!!!! At $6.99,not a bad price either... i was expecting more in the $10-$15 range... will be picking this one up pretty soon :smileyhappy: Not too worried about the bundle cuz i have certain furniture items i use for my personal taste... And the biggest PLUS of all,an Open House space that is DRAMA FREE!!! People are too busy flying around of course :smileytongue: I really wish it was a public space :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 55 (225 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

I really like the look of the space first off, Its something that we really havent seen yet (a middle-eastern/fantasy rpg space). Also it combines many features we have recently seen come to Playstation Home including swimming, changing the time of day, a gifting station, and the list goes on. Any developer can copy an idea, but Juggernaut Games has managed to make their versions unique and the featuers really stand out. Overall, If I had to rate this, I'd give it a 10/10. Hands down on of my favorite personal spaces to come out this year :smileyhappy:

Also (If anyone's interested) I had done a video tour/review of the Palace of the Seven Winds space which includes a vast amount of detail. I hope you enjoy the quick tour ^_^

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 55 (210 Views)
Sackboy
368 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Would it be possible to add a picture taking function while flying around the space? I noticed the square button isn't being used for anything while flying, so that'd be the ideal button for taking pictures. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 55 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Sep 28, 2012

mybro92 wrote:

I really like the look of the space first off, Its something that we really havent seen yet (a middle-eastern/fantasy rpg space). Also it combines many features we have recently seen come to Playstation Home including swimming, changing the time of day, a gifting station, and the list goes on. Any developer can copy an idea, but Juggernaut Games has managed to make their versions unique and the featuers really stand out. Overall, If I had to rate this, I'd give it a 10/10. Hands down on of my favorite personal spaces to come out this year :smileyhappy:

Also (If anyone's interested) I had done a video tour/review of the Palace of the Seven Winds space which includes a vast amount of detail. I hope you enjoy the quick tour ^_^

I'm not sure it's fair to assume that any developer has copied anything, although it's certainly possible. But it's also reasonable to assume that Sony themselves, with the rebuild of home and certain core updates have added these capabilities to their network (flight, swimming, sky change, etc...). And all they do is tell their 3rd party developers "Hey you can do this now", and then we start to see it. There are definite similarities between the Granzella and Lockwood swim functions.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 55 (183 Views)