Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3327 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Home-Grown Laboratory

Nov 4, 2012

I don't really have much appreciation for this. Mostly because this just dosen't appeal to me. Sure I can tell this game really was more of making money which is the rease I don't like it. But with no rewards, why should I even play this? I don't see the fun in it at all.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 31 of 36 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 6, 2012

I visited the space for the novelty of it as I figured it was a hidden area within PlayStation Home. I was invited by friends, before the public release, who told me it was a secret space, much like the Toyota Prius area with the Little Big Planet Sac Boy basket hat reward.  Once HGL became an advertised public space, advertised through the scrolling load screen before the final sign in into the rest of home, I had lost all interest in ever returning there. Honestly I remember the space from years ago and it seems recycled; recycling is good but Veemee didn't recycle in a good way. If you're going to recycle, give us back the Central Plaza. 

It used to be a fun space when used a hang out, because the game was so awful; I would use it to engage others in conversation because it is, indeed, immense - animated backgrounds and graphically pretty textures - and before it's advertised re-release it was a nice quiet hang out. After reading the forums and determining that the rewards are garbage, I would be much happier to return to Edo and demand additional content there.

Message 32 of 36 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 6, 2012

I gave it a chance, and left after 5 minutes, even backed out of the game.  Don't really care too much for it.   We don't need another fighting game.  There are too many out there as it is!  

Message 33 of 36 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 6, 2012

A game like this needs to be all about interaction and customization.  As it is now, I could care less about these monsters, thereby making me feel like it's a chore when I do interact with their fighting.  I would rather just watch them fight.

There needs to be a training period where we have the option of customizing the monster in as many different ways as possible.  This is the only way you can get people to get attached to their fighter.  Consider use of statistic points with specific monster types have different starting points.  Give the player a broader selection of attacks, and include a defence option with multiple choices in that as well.

I would scrap all the monster types currently available and start fresh.  Give the player a "mold" to start with (call it "Embryotic Goo" or some sciency mumbo-jumbo), and allow them more and more cosmetic options as the creature "develops" through training.  Once the creature is complete and ready for combat, what the player will have is a creature unique to that player based purely upon his actions.

Message 34 of 36 (94 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4983 posts

Nov 6, 2012

If this game allowed you to play with your friends.. or maybe if the same concept was done as they did with the Gnome Garden where your friends could play this would work lot better.

I bought the 4 creatures, personal space.. And all I can do is have one creature at a time, wish I could train my creature there, where maybe I can do some practice by myself to prepare myself to a fight, or maybe better yet have a practice fight with a friend.

When entering public space.. I am fighting just anyone no choice to choose who or if I want to play with a friend. but then again if friends don't own any of these creatures my only choice is to play with whomever is there and have purchased creatures.

Overall the gameplay fighting amongst the creatures is fun.. Can be a good challenge thou by yourself is not as much fun if playing without your friends.

note: if I wanted a game that you can play by yourself I would buy me a game from the PSN store instead. The main reason I'm voting dissastisfied is because yea right now im playing it right now to earn my rewards, but after that I probably wont play unless a friend owns and plays for fun which won't have that momentum on me coming back for more.

Message 35 of 36 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Woooow, people complaining because its a simple and kind of a DDR selected buttons to press game ?

just wow.

the game is fun.

Not everything have to be complex you know.

Like i said before, i wish we could play more (free), but oh well.

Maybe they will update it with more stuff later (really hope so...), more creatures, different powers, for examples.

There is a personnal space for this ? and we cant play with friends ??

Message 36 of 36 (62 Views)
0 Likes