Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Episode 1: Emo Ray Vs. The Intergalactic Teddy Bears

Nov 29, 2012

I like the different play style it offers to home. That is a big plus.  Some excitement in Home.

The rewards are above average as far as I am concerned, I like clothing costumes for rewards.

Guess the gals kinda got the short end if the stick on outfits.

I would say its worth the money, $9.99 . 

I do have one gripe, and that is doing the tutorial 2, if you do not make the rescue, you have to start the whole tutorial over..

I am happy with this purchase, beats doing Granzella or any of the other places that call for months of boring grinding  task.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 38 (552 Views)
VP of Gaming
25575 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Very satisfied.

From what I've played, I had fun. It was a little frustrating at first getting used to it as I'm generally not into cutsey animal type games. But once I became familiar with the game mechanics and map, I found that I actually liked the game. It became fun playing "Deathrace 2000" with the teddy bears.

The money issue is okay as I handle my money carefully. There's a lot of things I like in Home, and as with any "life sim", I do manage my funds in order to speed up or enhance my playing.

I'm looking forward to more volumes and thrills. Thank you, Heavy Water.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 38 (519 Views)
Welcoming Committee
2697 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I agree in full with ck2875 in his assessment. I am an old vereran of Grand Theft Auto, so for me, the driving controls were quite natural, and I hit the road at high speed. These can be fine tuned in the ingame menu system. As for pricing, by todays Home price structure this is not a bad deal. The music for the boom box is good. But, the best part of this package is the near life size Porche companion ! Depending on your gaming skills and Home tastes, this package will be a great bargain for many, but totally unappealing for others. Gameplay, as most things Home will be dependent on your servers. On a near empty instance, my experience was good and without lag or problems.
Posted Image

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 38 (502 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Nov 29, 2012

The game is far too expensive, even The Walking Dead is only 5 an episode and that is a critically acclaimed game. The steering is hard to control and the game itself isn't that fun for me. I hate that if we die we have to redo every single piece of the mission again. I wasn't even sure what I was supposed to do with the soldier near the end of the second training mission so he died and I had to restart. That's when I quit playing. It's too bad as I love the rewards so much but there is no way I would pay 10 for this, especially since I doubt I could win the rewards anyway. The plot also reminds me of the episode So Totally Spaced Out from The Fairly Oddparents. The Teddy Bears are pretty much the same thing as the Gigglepies.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 38 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1444 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

Voted neutral, but mostly disappointed. While the current state of this leaves much to be desired, with improvement it can be great, so I'm here to offer a long list of suggestions in addition to my usual criticism:

Before starting I need to say the concept is great, it's a totally original storyline and concept, devoid of gang warfare, with an actual GAME as opposed to hiding behind walls or playing a ripoff of DDR.

Those are the main reasons I bought this, in addition to the long list of rewards...but speaking of those...

First and foremost,  the rewards are a huge disappointment. Obviously I was annoyed at the fact that there was only one female outfit and 4 male ones, but I thought the other ones would be unlocked through playing through the story, not from buying them with mod points...

A bunch of crates, signs, teddy bear heads, and 2 other male outfits? You calll those rewards? Full sized Porsche is awesome, and was the only one worth the price. The teddy rug and chair are decent too and I'm working on those next. 

The mailman and businessman outfits didn't say male or female, so I thought they would be clothes for both genders, but nope...I see what you did now...the fact that they have "man" in the name makes them male only...real clever -_-

Rewards suggestions:

-Rewards should be obtainable through completing chapters and missions, not through mod points. Mod points should only be used for vehicle upgrades. 

-Make CLOTHING, not full body outfits, and make the same clothes for male and female, with the exception of main, named characters. But there should have been a businessperson and mail carrier outfit for both genders. 

-No more signs or ornaments

-More full sized companions like Porsche, as well as enemy companions

-LMO items of some sort 

-Active items of some kind

Next let's move on to the game itsellf. Why did I pay 9.99 to have to go into public to play? The game should be playable from the apartment, I was shocked when I found out you couldn't. So only one suggestion here, but it's a big one: make the game playable from the private apartment.

Now, fthe biggest list comes from gameplay elements that need improvement.

Gameplay suggestions:

-People you NEED to rescue should be unable to die, especially since things like random flying cars or accidently bumping them with your vehicle can kill them. At the very least make it so only bears can kill them, but don't make bears auto-spawn directly near them. Optional objective missions could still allow NPC death.

-No more forced tutorials

-Driving needs to be a bit  more managable

-Crashing into walls shouldn't lose stars (could make an upgrade for this)

-Ability to zoom map out to see your current objective area from the whole map

-Health pickup gives a bit more health (could make an upgrade for this)

-Mod point upgrades need to be reduced by half, or at least a decent amount. Currently it's either tediously grinding through missions with annoying gimmmicks (hitting dumpsters, flinging cars at bears) where you can fail easily if there's a person you have to pick up. or paying a lot  of money for points, and unless the rewards improve, it's not worth either the time/effort or money. 

-Another possibility to make mod points more tolerable is to make a "free mode" where you can just go out an kill bears and do optional objectives for points, and simply return to the garage when finished (or make it a timed free-for-all for mod points)

And my final suggestion is...make more chapters for each episode. I can't believe this ended after only 4 chapters! So irritating, I didn't know it would be this short...

If these suggestions and/or other improvments are implements I'm sure this will be one of the most amazing games in home, but as it stands right now, I don't exactly forsee myself buying episode 2, or any more mod points.  At  the VERY least, the quality of rewards  needs to be drastically inproved, and gender-equal, and the game needs to be playable from the apartment.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 38 (443 Views)
Survivor
2633 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Kudos to Heavy Water.!

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 38 (384 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3152 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

Tarazuma wrote:

Next let's move on to the game itsellf. Why did I pay 9.99 to have to go into public to play? The game should be playable from the apartment, I was shocked when I found out you couldn't. So only one suggestion here, but it's a big one: make the game playable from the private apartment.

The game is playable from the Apt. Just go outside and down the stairs to the garage. Then select "game space" as opposed to personal space when it asks which version you want to go to. It takes you straight to the game. Going to the rooftop in the apartment will take you to the public space.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 38 (362 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

Nov 30, 2012

I don't do emo...

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 38 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2916 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

I like it, it has good music and I like the driving game too. The only things I don't like is whenever you enter the personal space your avatar changes into the Emo Ray costume automatically. I also don't like the load times it has when you go from one section of the space to another. But other than that I think it's great, and I love the rewards you can unlock. Kudos to Heavy Water for bringing us this excellent game and personal space. :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 38 (307 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 1, 2012

I'm getting into this game, just bought it after the trial.. Anyway I can get music into my appartment? I'm a So Long Davey fan

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 38 (273 Views)