Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 15 2013
By: GlassWalls PlayStation Community Manager 2875 posts

[POLL Feedback Thread] Dream Hideaway Personal Space

20 replies 451 views Edited Feb 15, 2013

Here's the official comment thread for Dream Hideaway personal space from Lockwood poll. If you're familiar with the content and voted in the official poll, we welcome your additional feedback.

*First, please go vote in the official Poll in Home General at the top right if you are familiar with the content, then leave your comments here. 

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (451 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5125 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Dream Hideaway Personal Space

Feb 15, 2013

Satisfied. Very huge space, but until they add spawn points and beds that can fit in rooms then I'll vote it very satisfied.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (446 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Does anybody else remember when you didnt have to make a second account to buy an apartment? good times!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (442 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4131 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

Pros:

Very nice Architectural Design

Large Space

High Ceilings

Built-in Kitchen

Large Bedroom w/ Built-in shelves and large TV

Large Exterior Deck

Swimming Pool

Interesting Exterior Environment

Nice Exterior Sound Effects

Owner Rewards

Cons:

*Very Few Spawn Points

Only 2 Guest Rewards and only available on the weekends compared to 7 for the Arctic and Dream yachts.

No Built-in Gift Machine 

No Time of Day Option

No Hot Tub

Built-in Fireplace is much too small for the room it's in and you can barely hear it.

*Not only does this make it more difficult to decorate, but for reasons that make no sense to me, it does not even have a spawn point in the bedroom... And the only two openings into it are far too narrow to fit a bed through.  Adding insult to injury, the very first reward I got when I first explored the space was the bed... But I can't place it in the bedroom... Makes no sense.

For a space that costs as much as the Artic Yacht (also a gift machine space) I was very disappointed to find it is missing many of the features that the Artic Yacht has, like the multiple spawn points, guest rewards, built-in gift machine, and time of day option.

It's a nice space, but compared to others, it's not worth the asking price.  It is more similar to spaces valued at the standard $5 price.

Lockwood is a great developer and they take a keen interest in what their customers say, so I would not be surprised if they update this space in the future to improve it and add value to it.  However, for now I personally would recommend others pass on this space until it get's an update.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (422 Views)
Wastelander
562 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

I voted satisfied.

I like the space, I really do. But my gosh, even the Polar Boat - sorry I can't remember the name - had plenty of spawn points!!! The lack of them kind of dulls the fun of decorating... and the fact beds don't fit in the bedroom and do not spawn in there is really weird. This should have been noticed before release, lol.

It looks fun to decorate but I can't until more spawn points are added, sorry. Great start, though, just needs refinement.

Had to add, extremely satisfied my lovely friend gave me it!!! xD

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Satisfied, it's a nice place that opens up for a minimalist decoration. But the spawn points are way to few, the balcony on second floor can't be entered, to many sofas.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Feb 15, 2013
what need google tv or youtube on big screen tv
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1444 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

Voted very dissatisfied.

Visually, this apartment is beautiful. It has nice ambient sounds and a lovely design aesthetics. Those are the only pros in my opinion.

For some bizarre reason, you are not able to swim in the pool (what is this, 2011?) and some people said they were not able to fit a bed in the bedroom, I guess due to lack of spawn points.

The fact that this an apartment and not a clubhouse is the biggest flaws in my book. Clubhouses hold more people and allow people to come and go as they please.

Also this apartment is much too vast and open to be decorated well. Rooms should be smaller and more manageable. However, it would be perfect as a clubhouse furniture showroom.

On top of all this, the fact that it is only available via gift machine makes it annoying and inconvenient to obtain, and is not worth the effort and cost.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4503 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I'm very satisfied with the space. I love it, and have no complaints about it. :womanhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9061 posts

Feb 15, 2013
All good points made so far and would be mine also.
Its too expensive for a non interactive space.
The sheer size and lack of proper spawn points make it very frustrating to decorate.
It is too bright inside and I would love to dim the lights as it actually gives me a headache hanging inside too long.
The seating along walls is impersonal. When meeting with friends, despite the huge amount of seating, we all stood because sitting side by side in a line in this huge house just seemed too forced.
Reminded me of the less appealing yacht characteristics.
I wish the nature aspect played a larger role to really offset the 'ultra' modernistic vibe, like more trees and planters in the home.
Why only guest rewards on Saturday and Sunday? Why not everyday? Amirite?
When I started climbing towards the roof on the slanted side my heart skipped a beat. I thought we could go on the roof - until i hit the invisible low ceiling barrier :smileysad: It would be really nice to get on that roof and see the trees more.

I like all the wall slots.

Its really weird how everytime i 'phase' into this space these three trees in the distance in front of me literally 'fall' out of the sky and wiggle a little...
Dissatisfied- unfortuneately its my least favorite Lockwood personal space, and its quite an expensive one :smileysad:
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (365 Views)
0 Likes