Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
29179 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Acorn Meadows Park

May 7, 2013

veemee_alan wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

When leveling is reenabled, will you gain acorns for each level you go up to reflect your experience?

Say someone is new to the space and accumulates 500 experience. 500 experience is 5 levels worth at the beginning and 50 acorns. Will that person receive those acorns when leveling is turned back on?

Hi LunarEmerald - yes that’s correct. When the fix for the leveling system goes live, you will start to level up through the levels. Each time you level up you will be rewarded with the acorns for that corresponding level. This will then happen continuously until you've reached the level you should be on (which is defined by the amount of XP you have), and if you've earned a lot of XP, you will get quite a few acorns! 

You do know a Park Squirrel companion would have made a wonderful reward. They like acorns from what I hear. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 66 (186 Views)
0 Likes
VEEMEE Developer
48 posts

May 7, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

veemee_alan wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

When leveling is reenabled, will you gain acorns for each level you go up to reflect your experience?

Say someone is new to the space and accumulates 500 experience. 500 experience is 5 levels worth at the beginning and 50 acorns. Will that person receive those acorns when leveling is turned back on?

Hi LunarEmerald - yes that’s correct. When the fix for the leveling system goes live, you will start to level up through the levels. Each time you level up you will be rewarded with the acorns for that corresponding level. This will then happen continuously until you've reached the level you should be on (which is defined by the amount of XP you have), and if you've earned a lot of XP, you will get quite a few acorns! 

You do know a Park Squirrel companion would have made a wonderful reward. They like acorns from what I hear. :smileywink:

Nice idea! :smileyhappy:

VEEMEE_ForumSig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 66 (184 Views)
I Only Post Everything
638 posts

May 7, 2013

Extreeeeeeeeeemely satisfied :smileyhappy: !!!

I love the space, exactly what I was looking for and waiting for. All I wanted was a sunny, open, realistic space that wasn't always a beach, and this is it.

That being said, to me everything else is a bonus, so the fact that most of  it is not working at the moment, I don't even feel that upset about it, lol. HOWEVER - assuming the space is running properly - the acorn system seems too expensive as it is... I like that we can "earn" acorns by doing tasks, but it takes way too long... but atleast the option is there. I've read other peoples' suggestions like collecting fallen acorns and such which is a great idea. I've also read suggestions on having one time fee to ride the train and boats. Perhaps we could have something similar to a season pass irl... Like, buy a park pass for 4.99 or something to have free, anytime you want rides and drinks and stuff. I'd pay it. I really would, lol. Another suggestion I saw but also thought of myself - be able to buy a boat to keep, to use anytime we want, kind of like Granzella floaties.

Anyways, I still love that space, I hang there every day now, lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 66 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1923 posts

May 7, 2013

alan, I'm really enjoying the park. it's spaciousness gives you alot of freedom to roam and explore. It's fun to just walk around. Or ride a horse or other locomotion. i think you've created a natural gathering place. It is more of a natural place to gather people than the Sony Home HUB! 

Even without any games, its a natural place for people to collect at.

I hope you will start adding events to this space. You might temporarily remove some of the games for a week or two and decorate it for the holidays. Add a event area to the map and run a minigame. Like maybe ice skating for christmas! You can have some sort of pair skating for points and rewards. that would be fun. Or a Halloween event. Have some fun, but some cool stuff. Win-win. 

It's wonderful as a park. But I hope you make it much more. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 66 (163 Views)
Fender Bender
1675 posts

May 8, 2013

ladybug17 wrote:

Extreeeeeeeeeemely satisfied :smileyhappy: !!!

I love the space, exactly what I was looking for and waiting for. All I wanted was a sunny, open, realistic space that wasn't always a beach, and this is it.

That being said, to me everything else is a bonus, so the fact that most of  it is not working at the moment, I don't even feel that upset about it, lol. HOWEVER - assuming the space is running properly - the acorn system seems too expensive as it is... I like that we can "earn" acorns by doing tasks, but it takes way too long... but atleast the option is there. I've read other peoples' suggestions like collecting fallen acorns and such which is a great idea. I've also read suggestions on having one time fee to ride the train and boats. Perhaps we could have something similar to a season pass irl... Like, buy a park pass for 4.99 or something to have free, anytime you want rides and drinks and stuff. I'd pay it. I really would, lol. Another suggestion I saw but also thought of myself - be able to buy a boat to keep, to use anytime we want, kind of like Granzella floaties.

Anyways, I still love that space, I hang there every day now, lol.

For someone who loves nature, this place (when I'm NOT in my wonderful rl yard and garden) is a breath of fresh air on Home. It's open and expansive, has a bit of activities to do or accomplish (yea, dog walking), and is a great place to hang out and be with friends. I must admit, I even like the periodic races. OK, I only gave this a Satisfied as the IT QA geek in me frowns on the buggy nature of the space. I commend VEEMEE's response to our feedback of the space and their communication to let us know that they're doing their best to fix these issues. I look forward to the activities that I can't do yet - bike rentals, boat rentals, train riding, that ilk.

My one complaint is the one I highlighted - the fact that even though you have activities that help you earn XP and acorns, it would take a long time to complete some of these things that take a bit of coin to complete the challenges in the Park. Some of us, myself included, don't have a lot of expendable income for Home (yes, quite my reason for creating the  Best Way to Spend 200 Free Acorns thread). I greatly appreciate those who have joined that conversation. When Joyce confirmed that there really IS a challenge that has you spend 10,000 acorns (plus the addition of the buying acorn bundles challenges), it broke me. Yes, at least the opportunity to earn acorns are there at least ... but this place to relax and unwind has the dark shadow of becoming a grind. :smileysad:

Welp .. if I'm going to be here a while to earn these acorns, at least the view is pretty and the people are friendly! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 66 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

May 8, 2013

As much as i enjoy this space is there a list of rewards somewhere that shows what we can win for gaining certain amounts of xp in the space? im over 9000 xp and still gaining and just wanted to know if there are is a reward list somewhere.

** Glitching & Friends = the only 2 reasons i stay in Home **
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 66 (105 Views)
0 Likes