PlayStation MVP
1897 posts

Re: [POLL Feedback Thread] Acorn Meadows Park

May 6, 2013
I voted very satisfied.

This is a magnificent space with great contrast and a wonderful appearance, it's so simple and is a good place to relax, be with friends and just casually enjoy the things it has to offer.

The activities are amazing as well, there's so many that make the area so enjoyable, I just can't wait until the fixes are finally implemented so I can continue to further enjoy this spaces features.

I think VEEMEE did an amazing job and can't wait to see what else they do with the space in due time.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 66 (393 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

For some reason these forums are giving me problems, I can't log in using Firefox and neither in Firefox or Chome, I don't have the option to vote in the poll. I'll try to vote soon. To me, I'm Neutral/Dissatisfied about the park. It's a pretty space, I like how it's sunny and cheerful, I like the free dog. What I DON'T like about the space is how expensive it is level up even 1 level. I currently have 0 Acorns, my profile says that I need 60,000 EXP to level up but when I do a race, I get about 250 EXP (if I remember correctly). I'm not very good at math but does that mean I have to do the race 240 times (and waiting 30 minutes each time)? Feels like a chore, not worth it. Also one of the races is for the lake race but since I have 0 acorns, it's impossible for me to do the lake race since I have to pay a few acorns for the swan boat thing. The challenges and the whole leveling up experience is extremely time consuming and money hungry and like the rewards don't correlate to the massive amount of time you would want to level up without spending real money. These are just my opinions. I like the space but the leveling up seems too time consuming/repetitive and not really worth it. Also after 60,000 EXP gained and probably HOURS wasted waiting and doing the races, I would only receive 10 acorns? Seems too little to me for all the time spent. Maybe I'm missing something, who knows. Also the level up challenges don't have anything to do with gameplay or skills, it's all on how much you spend spend spend. The more you spend the more you level up. I don't like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 66 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

May 6, 2013

My review is thus: It hasn't loaded for me. I've gone so far as to wait 15-20 minutes on the loading screen to no avail.

So while I'm sure it's beautiful, I certainly can't be a proper judge of that.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 66 (362 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 6, 2013

xvrj wrote:

Also, another MAJOR bug I found today with the leveling system for me, it says I need 1.25e05 more exp to reach the next level o.O I thought it was just me but I had a friend that's new to the space check and it said he needed 20,000 more exp to reach level 2 so to anyone trying to gain experience to level up I don't recommend going until it's fixed, not sure if it'll hurt if you go past the leveling requirement after a fix.

Ahh.. so that's why I'm stuck on level 3 lol I've attained over 600 points in experience now and was wondering when the next time I was going to level up. Thanks mate. 

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 66 (340 Views)
0 Likes
VEEMEE Developer
48 posts

May 6, 2013

Logic-_-Kills wrote:

xvrj wrote:

Also, another MAJOR bug I found today with the leveling system for me, it says I need 1.25e05 more exp to reach the next level o.O I thought it was just me but I had a friend that's new to the space check and it said he needed 20,000 more exp to reach level 2 so to anyone trying to gain experience to level up I don't recommend going until it's fixed, not sure if it'll hurt if you go past the leveling requirement after a fix.

Ahh.. so that's why I'm stuck on level 3 lol I've attained over 600 points in experience now and was wondering when the next time I was going to level up. Thanks mate. 

Hi Logic-_-Kills and xvrj,

Just to clarify the problem that you've mentioned - You will notice that the leveling system in the park is currently locked, and that the amount of XP needed to progress to the next level is showing something strange (such as the 1.25e+05 in your post). Don't worry, this is not a bug, but rather due to a partial fix that we had to put in place on Friday after some feedback from the community to keep the park working as smoothly as possible until a full fix is finalised. When the full fix goes through, this will all return to normal, and your level in the park will also be updated to be the correct value.

More info is available in THIS thread.

VEEMEE_ForumSig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 66 (313 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

When leveling is reenabled, will you gain acorns for each level you go up to reflect your experience?

Say someone is new to the space and accumulates 500 experience. 500 experience is 5 levels worth at the beginning and 50 acorns. Will that person receive those acorns when leveling is turned back on?

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 66 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

May 7, 2013
I love this space!! I love how unique it is, I think veemee did a fantastic job! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 66 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
481 posts

May 7, 2013

Neutral. I love the park for the atmosphere definitely, but I just wished some of the attractions work properly. Otherwise, it is a very calm and tranquil place to hang out.

photo MissRobertaGiantessofGlamourSignature_zpsd7379e58.gif

You can't trust no one except yourself - therob21
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 66 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4738 posts

May 7, 2013

For me personally it's something that Home has been needing for a long time. I like that it's a big, open space with lots to keep you entertained. I'm happy to wait for the fix, there was bound to be some teething problems originally.

I hope that it gets updated regularly and would be even better if it changed with the seasons, maybe even a day/night cycle. Maybe that's asking too much but in my opinion it would make the already great space even better :smileyvery-happy:

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 66 (208 Views)
0 Likes
VEEMEE Developer
48 posts

May 7, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

When leveling is reenabled, will you gain acorns for each level you go up to reflect your experience?

Say someone is new to the space and accumulates 500 experience. 500 experience is 5 levels worth at the beginning and 50 acorns. Will that person receive those acorns when leveling is turned back on?

Hi LunarEmerald - yes that’s correct. When the fix for the leveling system goes live, you will start to level up through the levels. Each time you level up you will be rewarded with the acorns for that corresponding level. This will then happen continuously until you've reached the level you should be on (which is defined by the amount of XP you have), and if you've earned a lot of XP, you will get quite a few acorns! 

VEEMEE_ForumSig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 66 (186 Views)
0 Likes