Jul 05 2013
By: Pixels4Progress First Son 15 posts

Our Playstation Home fundraiser

[ Edited ]
51 replies 747 views Edited Jul 5, 2013

Dear Playstation Home Community,

I'd thought i would pop in and say hello and inform you about a fundraiser we are currently holding within Home.

Who are we?

We are a group of Playstation Home users from Europe and North America who have been using Home ever since we can remember however within the last year we decided to come together and make a fundraising group to support some great charities. Our Name is 'Pixels4Progress'

The charity which we are fundraising for currently is called- Over The Wall who provide holiday camping experiences to serious ill children who suffer from childhood cancers, Heart defects, sickle cell and other terrible illnesses. The chairty is funded by the donations it receives meaning that parents do not have to pay for their child to attend one of these camps.

I attented 2 of these camps when i was younger (approximatly when i was 10/11 years old) and believed that it really helps children who have not had the best start in life 'healthwise' to develop, become more confident and forget about their illness as they are surrounded by other children and young people going through identical or similar occurrences.

I have always aimed to give back any money that charities have spent on myself so that they can help another person in the same position that i was.

What are we doing in Home Currently?

-Preparing for an Event on the 21st July 2013

-Walking around Home just to meet up with some of the community.

-Doing pre-event contests

-Starting our fundraising efforts.

-Currently informing people about ourselves- You can find more about us and the event by visiting the Lockwood Gift Machine and clicking the 'Make a child with a serious illness smile' banner.

Donating

You can do it through a web browser or via the Lockwood Gift machine.

We know times are very hard and donating to charity is not top of everyones priorities hence why the smallest donation means the world to us and Over The Wall.

We really welcome questions about anything and i'm happy to share more details about why we are fundraising for this specific charity so please don't be scared to say hello : )

And would be really grateful to those who checked out the Gift Machine banner and are thankful to Lockwood for their amazing support.

Thank you guys and have a brilliant weekend!

www.justgiving.com/pixels4progress

http://pixels4progressfundraising.blogspot.co.uk/
Message 1 of 52 (747 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Our Playstation Home fundraiser

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

''Donating

You can do it through a web browser or via the Lockwood Gift machine.''

Hello, Can you tell us more about how this is done? Also is there a official site?

I will go to lockwoods page for details..

HomeStationMagazine
Message 2 of 52 (721 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4056 posts

Jul 5, 2013

What is the minimum donation through the Lockwood gift machine?

Are the donations through the Lockwood gift machine taken as tokens?

The reason I ask these questions is this: I buy a set of tokens of various value depending on the cost of the item/items I wish to buy. Once I have sent that item, or items, there is always a little left over. If I could give those tokens away to a worthy charity each time, it might not be much, but if a lot of people did this each time, it might really add up. Is this type of donation possible with the current setup?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 52 (705 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4546 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Pixels4Progress wrote:

Dear Playstation Home Community,

I'd thought i would pop in and say hello and inform you about a fundraiser we are currently holding within Home.

Who are we?

We are a group of Playstation Home users from Europe and North America who have been using Home ever since we can remember however within the last year we decided to come together and make a fundraising group to support some great charities. Our Name is 'Pixels4Progress'

The charity which we are fundraising for currently is called- Over The Wall who provide holiday camping experiences to serious ill children who suffer from childhood cancers, Heart defects, sickle cell and other terrible illnesses. The chairty is funded by the donations it receives meaning that parents do not have to pay for their child to attend one of these camps.

I attented 2 of these camps when i was younger (approximatly when i was 10/11 years old) and believed that it really helps children who have not had the best start in life 'healthwise' to develop, become more confident and forget about their illness as they are surrounded by other children and young people going through identical or similar occurrences.

I have always aimed to give back any money that charities have spent on myself so that they can help another person in the same position that i was.

What are we doing in Home Currently?

-Preparing for an Event on the 21st July 2013

-Walking around Home just to meet up with some of the community.

-Doing pre-event contests

-Starting our fundraising efforts.

-Currently informing people about ourselves- You can find more about us and the event by visiting the Lockwood Gift Machine and clicking the 'Make a child with a serious illness smile' banner.

Donating

You can do it through a web browser or via the Lockwood Gift machine.

We know times are very hard and donating to charity is not top of everyones priorities hence why the smallest donation means the world to us and Over The Wall.

We really welcome questions about anything and i'm happy to share more details about why we are fundraising for this specific charity so please don't be scared to say hello : )

And would be really grateful to those who checked out the Gift Machine banner and are thankful to Lockwood for their amazing support.

Thank you guys and have a brilliant weekend!

So this will send us to the PS3 web browser?

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 4 of 52 (637 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
539 posts

Jul 5, 2013

IMAG000.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 52 (652 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29262 posts

Jul 5, 2013

I doubt it's a scam if it's through the Lockwood Gift Machine. I haven't had a chance to check personally myself. 

Message 6 of 52 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jul 5, 2013

I don't think so Edea. I linked the web page to my Twitter page Jersquall I also asked Lockwood to respond when they can. Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC is not responsible for this fund raiser. .

HomeStationMagazine
Message 7 of 52 (638 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29262 posts

Jul 5, 2013

I see the link "Making a child with a serious illness smile!" in the gift machine but it's not working. It's not taking me to the web browser if that is what it's supposed to do. 

Screen shot 2013-07-05 at 5.24.15 PM.png

Message 8 of 52 (616 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Make a child with a serious illness smile!

Jul 5, 2013

On the lockwood gift machine you can make a donation to a very worthy cause. easy to do.

(Not sure where the other thread went but I can have this merged if it returns)

HomeStationMagazine
Message 9 of 52 (964 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3171 posts

Re: Make a child with a serious illness smile!

Jul 5, 2013
;^) Looks good to me, sir. I'm on it.
Message 10 of 52 (952 Views)
0 Likes